The American Remake Of Oldboy Will Star...

Joined Nov 27, 2002
[h1][/h1]
[h1]Josh Brolin is Officially Oldboy’s Revenge-Minded Badass[/h1] August 29, 2011/www.beyondhollywood.com/?p=124085">http://www.beyondhollywood.com/?p=124085">Well, there were a lot of candidates for the job (some more excellent than others — Christian Bale, for one; and on the other side of the planet, Will Friggin Smith), but as it turns out, Josh Brolin, perhaps looking to rebound from some major clunkers after his breakthrough turn in “No Country for Old Men

Joined Mar 5, 2008
I forgot the scene exactly, but when the main character fights his way through dozens of guys in that alleyway was
. How is Josh Brolic supposed to compete with hats? 

Joined Apr 12, 2006
gonna be hard to top da classic. but i got faith. lets get it

dude looks like the perfect white Oh daesu

Joined Sep 10, 2005
Funny this thread was made. I just read a term paper from my cousin about this movie and I had been meaning to see it. Now I have more of a reason to.

Joined Mar 2, 2008
Negative on the Smith, Brolin is much better for this role. Im gonna go on a limb....Brolin is a much better actor then Will Smith

Joined Mar 28, 2004
Originally Posted by TannerVon

Negative on the Smith, Brolin is much better for this role. Im gonna go on a limb....Brolin is a much better actor then Will Smith
I'll agree, Will Smith needs to step outside of the comfort zone,
I would like to see him take one a role other than the hero type.

Joined Nov 24, 2007
I can see Christian Bale in the role... he's got legit anger and it would project well onto the screen. 

However, 

Brolin will be solid. 

Joined May 2, 2001
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

For some reason Spike Lee as the director scares the crap outta me.
 imagine if he tries to the floating effect he uses for the hallway battle scene

Joined Dec 23, 2009
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

For some reason Spike Lee as the director scares the crap outta me.
The movie being remade at all scares the crap outta me.

Joined Jun 30, 2007
I know its an adaptation but I just can't see a different twist having the same 

effect 

Joined Jul 26, 2008
" Even though I'm no better than a beast, Don't I have the right to live?" - Oldboy

Joined Nov 24, 2009
I think it's lame that they have to do an American remake.  Why not release the og in the states as a limited release and see how it does?  I know foreign movies aren't popular in this country but once in a while a few get noticed.  This movie is already known and word of mouth could help it out.  American audiences are really picky though and don't like reading subtitles and the ending would probably blow their minds way too much. 

Joined Oct 17, 2008
I wonder what food they'll use, will they keep with the dumplings?
Son is going to go to pizzerias trying garlic knots after garlic knots.

Joined Jun 20, 2005
Originally Posted by shogun

I think it's lame that they have to do an American remake.  Why not release the og in the states as a limited release and see how it does?  I know foreign movies aren't popular in this country but once in a while a few get noticed.  This movie is already known and word of mouth could help it out.  American audiences are really picky though and don't like reading subtitles and the ending would probably blow their minds way too much. 
QFT
The girl with the dragon tattoo movies are all getting american remakes. 

Top Bottom