The Anthony Edwards / Anthony Edwards JR. / Minnesota Timberwolves GLORIFICATION Thread

I wonder at what point do they fire Finch.

He's struggling to get the offense and defense to fit Rudy.
DLo looked like an all-star for a month, and after he misses a couple games, it's back to the same **** where they go back to previous gameplans that don't work.
They don't rebound, they turn it over too much.
The bench outside of Naz can't hit a 3 to save their life.
Jaden as a forward rebounds the ball less than DLo

The talent in the starting lineup is there to be a home court seed, but there needs to be shuffling a bit.

JMac, Nowell, Forbes, Rivers and probably Prince as well should probably all be moved for someone who can shoot a basketball, and rebound a ball
SlowMo can't shoot, but he at least plays defense. He can run some minutes as backup PG as well.

Get yourself two guys who can shoot and rebound from the 3&4.

Best post of the year so far.

Finch is gonna bend seemingly

YOU said it, they FALL BACK TO PREVIOUS GAME PLANS THAT DO NOT WORK, BINGO BINGO BINGO !!!! Whatcha think is gonna happen when KAT comes back ? Brand new schemes and gameplans !?!?!?!? LMFAO , NO WAI !!!

The numbers just dont lie, thye never do, TIME TO SWALLOW SOME PRIDE, NAZ IS THE BEST BIG ON THIS TEAM

WASTING A PRETTY DAMN GOOD BACK COURT with all this fooling themselves

gobert.jpg

Hate this team.

3point shooting and defensive rebounding.

Jaden not being able to rebound at the 4, and even when he’s at the 3 is really a HUGE issue.
He’s playing well and I like how he’s developed offensively because I didn’t think it was possible, but the rebounding from him is awful. If you classify him as a SF, he’s 26th in rebounding. If you classify him as a PF he’s 48th.

DLo is 20th which is a problem, but is expected because he’s not a physical player.
Ant is 4th among SGs, perfect.
Rudy 1st among Centers.

When KAT is back, they need all defenders to push toward Rudy and then crash hard on the weakside.
If DLo and Ant maintain focus throughout a game, don’t have to be good defensive players, just focused. And with Jaden’s defense, they are better than what the Jazz were defensively.

The problems on offense though are pretty big. The lack of shooting from outside is why they are 16-20 and not 23-13 even with all other things considered.

Also when they let DLo go, it’s gonna be a huge mistake. Mostly because the replacement will be awful. Team is gonna always need someone who can score at PG because of who KAT and Rudy are. Ant becoming a star does make it easier, but when they end up with a bench level player at PG next year. It’ll be the same deal.
DLo will never reach his full potential because full potential is a 23-25/7-8 PG, but I’ve never seen a guy go 50/40/90 in a month with 21/6 get as much hate from his own fanbase as he does.
Are there things to criticize? Absolutely. But the commentary is as if he’s Reggie Jackson.
When he was learning in LA, hated. When he killed it in Brooklyn, hated. When he’s been an important piece in Minny, hated.

Last edited:
Without DLo this thing is OVAH ! sorry its true. ANTs progression has a TON to do with DLo being there, it becomes more and more evident every time they play together

Fools have to have someone to hate, DLo aleays seem like the easy fall guy, SHOULD WE START CALLING HIM MR OCTOBER ?!?!?!?!?!?!

they were outrebounded by 32 last night, 32 !

they are digging a hole that is gonna be hard to dig out of, even in the tight west

Timberwolves 2022 record 36 games in= 16-20 Timberwolves 2021 record 36 games in= 16-20

ae dlo 1.jpg

Took their foot off the gas and

Lost due to rebounding and 3 point shooting.

37%-29% 3s
13 less rebounds including 6 less offensive rebounds
Pistons got 6 more shots and 2 more FTs

ugly, gettin uglier

no excuse at all to drop that one last night

not what 3 week ago or so W Moore Jr was in starting line up / heavy rotation, now .................

this had me rollin, so what, it didnt work, ish happens, but at least speak on it

I feel bad for ANT, DLo and NAZ, they show up every night. STOP THA COUNT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always a good sign.....................

pp.jpg

Think I might not watch again until they’re .500. That could mean a long time.

Probably should either fire Finch or trade Gobert.

There’s only 2 choices, have to make one.

As for could they trade Gobert, I think they could.
If they package Nowell with him and are looking for long term rotational players, there’s a deal or two or three. And expect no picks back.

If they could replenish with forwards who could shoot, that’s a big move for them.

Probably should either fire Finch or trade Gobert.

There’s only 2 choices, have to make one.

As for could they trade Gobert, I think they could.
If they package Nowell with him and are looking for long term rotational players, there’s a deal or two or three. And expect no picks back.

If they could replenish with forwards who could shoot, that’s a big move for them.

I was originally goona respond to this [post and say, YES ! makes sense lets hope it somehow happens, the Rudy ship has sailed IMHO.

then I saw this....

Start to get the feeling PRIDE is more important here than what actually makes good basketball sense ???

Not exactly the opponent you would like to try and start a nice lil turnaround tonight either :rofl:

And if anyone says, itll get better when KAT comes back...............you havent watched this team with him at all this year. IF Rudy is the problem then au revoir, if not FIGURE IT THE F OUT B 4 ITS WAI WAI TOO LATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ae stare (2).jpg

Anyone been to a game this season? The gameday experience has gotten worse this year. The loudspeakers are way too loud and there's music playing constantly. It's like they're trying their hardest to draw your attention away from the action on the court. Does music really need to be played the entire game?

As a long time Wolves fan, we all knew the problem with this franchise has always been Glen Taylor. It's early in the Lore/A-Rod era but it doesn't seem like anything is going to change for the better. They were aggressive in getting Connelly and Connelly was aggressive in getting Gobert.

I hated the Gobert trade when it broke and I still hate it. I can't help but think of the mid-2000s Wolves that had KG dragging the team to ~50 wins every year with secondary players like Billups, Wally, T-Hud, etc. The talent on those teams outside of KG was a fraction of what this year's team has.

We traded what amounts to five first rounders (I'm including Walker Kessler), a pick swap, three rotation players (Vando, Bev, Beasley) for A FREAKING ROLE PLAYER. Let's stop sugar coating Rudy and call it like it is: he is a role player. A guy who rebounds and blocks shots, nothing more. Y'all can talk me blue in the face about his "intangibles" like his screen setting blah blah blah but I don't care what anyone says: a guy worth that amount of trade capital should be a franchise player. A game changing talent. A player who can will his team to victory over a crappy Pistons team missing their best player.

Knowing what we know now, I would rather have Dejounte Murray. At least his age fits KAT and Ant's windows. Gobert is already 30. He has 2, maybe 3 years of his prime, at best. Murray has 4-6.

I'm just so frustrated that after all the excitement from last season the idiots in the front office blew it up and now we've ruined Ant's prime years by trading the entire house for a role player.

They are not a better team without KAT, DLO or Gobert. No matter what 1 game samples they have.

For example, people say the Wolves need a more unselfish PG. DLO has the 5th most passes per game in the entire league. DLo's shots are down 5 attempts per game and his usage is down 10% from his last year in Brooklyn. He's clearly had to sacrifice which is understandable.
The craziest part is when you ask people what you want DLo to do, they basically go on a rant that would lead you to believe they want him to score 20PPG on 12 shots, get 9 assists, turn it over less than 2 times a game, get everybody involved without being ball dominant, play quick pace, and play above average defense. I am a self-acknowledged DLo guy, and know there are downsides to DLo's game but the expectations for how they want him to play is like prime Chris Paul.
The team being such a poor 3Point shooting team, and Gobert not doing well in the P&R probably costs DLo an assist and a half a game, and half a turnover a game.

KAT would add scoring, better rebounding, and more 3Point consistency. Just where McDaniels, Prince, Naz, etc are as PFs rebounding is so far below average it hurts the team, and KAT would probably have a game or two impact just on rebounding.

Gobert is a top rebounder, still plays solid defense, etc. It clearly has been bad, but there's still a ton of value that could lead to wins. The problem is Connelly had a vision, then they didn't build the 6-10 rotation guys to people that fit Rudy, and Finch's offense isn't the most suitable for Rudy.

If you go DLo/Ant/McDaniels/KAT/Gobert
And SloMo is your Point Forward off the bench.

Then that allows them to start playing around with McLaughlin/Forbes/Nowell/Rivers/Prince/Knight/Naz on the trade market.
If they packaged all of those guys for 2 forwards and a 10mpg center, they'd be a much better team.

Starters vs. Bench Stats

Starters first, bench 2nd
5th vs. 27th in MPG
11th vs. 19th in PPG
19th vs 17th in FGA/Game
3rd vs. 19th in FG%
16th vs. 21st in 3PA/G
15th vs. 30th in 3P%
12th vs. 18th in FT/G
24th vs. 5th in FT%
16th vs. 27th in OReb/G
2nd vs 26th in DReb/G
5th vs. 27th in Reb/G
13th vs. 13th in APG
30th vs. 6th in TO/G
2nd vs. 21st in SPG
5th vs. 22nd in BPG
30th vs 1st in PF/G
22nd vs. 16th in +/-

Good game by Ant.
Good game by Gobert.
Good welcome back game by TP.
Good game by DLo.
Good game by Garza

A poor rebounding game again. But meh.

Thinking about upcoming salaries they have to pay. Might be the time to sell on Naz and Nowell. Throw in Forbes and try to get a forward and pick.

I still think they need to extend DLo. But after 23-24, they have to pay Ant and McDaniels. Do you really want to allocate big money to Nowell and Naz. As much as I love Naz. Dumping DLo because you want to pay Naz and Nowell seems like a weird move especially when there’s next to no chance they’ll be starters in their next contract.

Damn I dotn wanna agree with the above ( NAZ LEAVING ) but I do, mostly beause DLos departure would ruin more than people think, Ant digs the F outta him and runnin with him, gotta keep him happy, period

Jaden stepping up helps a TON, and now what my man TP is back ish can get in order

I dont think they are better without Rudy and KAT but they are not that much worse with NAZ Luka AND Nate, AS LONG AS EVERYONE ELSE IS HEALTHY, I know its sounds crazy but thats how it looks to me, jus sayin

Good game.

Rudy, DLo, Kyle brought it.

There was some good show of DLo being a secondary ball handler with Ant as primary facilitator. Some promising Ant facilitator plays.
A lot of directions they can go with offense. If Ant is primary ball handler, run weak side actions for DLo. No reason you can’t try to get Ant going toward the hoop and DLo or KAT when he’s back open at the same time.

The one lull about Finch’s offense is that it can promote stagnation weak side because there isn’t a set place for every guy to be and go to.

With DLo, Ant and Kyle being the facilitators, Makes JMac expendable. Can’t wait for him to come back and Finch to play him and guys saying “Look at how much better the offense runs” when the other team isn’t playing their 3 best starters whenever JMac is playing point.
They got a month to consolidate positions on the trade market.

• Ant is still eating fast food. Austin Rivers has told him to stop ordering McDonalds
  • Russell does want to remain in Minnesota long term
  • Wolves will be patient with this roster
  • The Wolves dont want to trade Naz Reid. They love him and value him a lot. But he is one of the assets they can move to improve the roster
  • Jake Fischer questions whether its worth moving Prince + Naz Reid for a $10m dollar player
  • Austin Rivers is filling the Pat Bev void. He's not a yeller/screamer but he's a smart vet that knows how to win
  • Pat Bev wants to come back to Minnesota. And the Wolves would have him back. But only if he is bought out
  • Jon confirms. Pat REALLY wants to come back
  • Wolves feel good about the decision to give up extra picks to keep McDaniels

good run last night, zubac the biggest UPOS ever, wow. thought watchin rudy was rough, good lawd

AGAIN........ TP BACK MEANS THE WORLD

Yeah TP being a competent shooter and Rivers finding his stroke helps so much.

Hustle has looked better last few games from everyone.

If Gobert can anticipate the pocket bounce pass, he will be so good with Ant and DLo. Because they both work at different paces, but they are looking for the same thing. Getting the ball through tight spaces where if Gobert catches, it can’t be defended.

I was kinda surprised that was only Gobert's 9th 20/20 game.

The problem with this whole PnR thing is that Gobert can't catch. :lol:

His hands are terrible.

Back
Top Bottom