The Anthony Edwards / Anthony Edwards JR. / Minnesota Timberwolves GLORIFICATION Thread

some shots from yearbook

jmc 1.jpg

beasley.jpg

dlo 2.jpg

jmc.jpg

naz 2.jpg

p bev ssshhhh.jpg

tp.jpg

vando 1.jpg

wish it wasnt true but YOU ARE RIGHT

they have been shopping him, but no real interest YET , he even posted days ago that " I ma shopping"

just hope they dont unload him then like brooklyn, regret it

Jon Krawczynski Show Wolves Notes

Not a "Wolvescentric" episode but there are a couple of nuggets of information

• Be careful with saying the Wolves are "shopping" Dlo. The Wolves are gauging the market on a LOT of their players. Nobody is being heavily looked at
  • There is flexibility to be gained by standing pat. 46 million plus comes off the books in just Beasley and Russell next year
  • Wolves dont feel they HAVE to move Russell. He is still productive for the Wolves
  • Connelly is confident in getting immediate production at 19. But they are looking at trades involving the pick
  • Liddell, Jovic and Washington all mentioned as options at 19
  • Connelly really likes #40. (Its not mentioned but I REALLY think Montero is the guy. I'd be shocked if he is passed up by our FO)
  • Supposedly Connelly is leaning heavily on Gupta at the moment and getting to know all the staff like Branch, Senior and Rohan

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE let Liddell still be there at 19 !!! ( I know wishful thinkin )

IF Lidell is still there ERRBODY CAN RUB MY BELLY................ NOT JUST THE BEST POPS IN THA WORLD, JACK ! WOOF WOOF

belly rub.jpg

stay thurskii

Ant fact: When Ant was 10 We used to get excited by the name Anthony Randolph, we now look to Thurskii Thursdays Anthony Edwards.

Know what’s going to help Ant in his progression…

Getting rid of that bum D-Lo

Wolves have to make that move.

I’m a DLo guy. Everybody knows that.

But that’s simply not true. Also you can’t discount that DLo was huge in the team making the jump from bottom 5 to playoffs. As important as Finch, and Ant and Pat Bev. Those 4 things fundamentally changed the Wolves. KAT is KAT and has always been an offensive force. But trading for DLo and DLo’s play. Then hiring Finch. Then Pat Bev changing the dynamics. Then Ant’s progression, is the timeline for where they are where they are. It’s almost entirely exactly what played out in Brooklyn as well.

And on the other hand, DLo took the hit and became the third option. His shots and usage are less than Ant’s. As it should be. The only time that doesn’t happen is late in games, and for good reason because he’s been one of the best closers in the league for years at this point.

The Wolves problem isn’t DLo. Because McLaughlin and Pat Bev cannot play well enough to run the show. And whatever they could get for DLo will either be a downgrade because of his salary. Or force them to be saddled with worse contracts.

The Wolves honest problem is they basically play 3 on 5 offensively in the starting units with Pat Bev and Vanderbilt in the lineup. Neither are reliable scorers, shooters or facilitators. They bring something, Vando’s rebounding and Pat Bev’s energy, but not what is needed to advance in the playoffs in the starting lineup.

Wolves want to move forward, take steps, continue to progress Ant and to a lesser degree KAT and DLo, who despite being veterans are still mid-20s, there are 3 fixes
1. Either move DLo to the 2, for a pass first PG that can reliably shoot, so teams aren’t playing off Pat Bev for DLo…. Or DLo is your point, and you look for a shooter.
2. They need a 4. Jaden McDaniels is good, and will be good. But he is a tweener forward until he can build up weight. He can start the 4, but should get a good amount of his minutes at the 3. Vando is great for energy and rebounding, but can’t shrink the court as much as they do with him.
3. Need to swap Naz Reid (who fits on a bunch of teams and is a solid talent) for a more traditional backup Center who is there to limit offensive rebounds and easy buckets in the paint for 15 minutes a game.

I say all of that for this. It’s going to be Ant’s team. Will KAT accept that as well?

WOW, The way you broke that all down makes TOO MUCH sense for this board ! lol

I LIKE DLo at the POINT TBH. IMO he is a perfect fit to go along WITH ANT AND KAT.

Report NOW is that they arent 'shopping; him as much , its that they are getting a 'feel' for him and a few others on the open market, which sounds the same to me but whadoo I know

essential1 essential1 ............. What would be your ideal STARTING 5 for this teams CURRENT ROSTER ? The most EFFECTIVE if you will ???

I THINK KAT will be willing to accept any circumstances that lead to WINNING IN MINN.

There have been grumblings of moving KAT to the 4 and looking for more of a DEF Presence at the 5. I like Naz but every thing you say about him is spot on and probably isnt the best FIT for this team

I do believe that giving Mcdaniels as much time as possible is what is needed. Been seeing him work hard this off season so far and am looking forward to him being the biggest surprise next year.

It’s hard to really box anybody in for ideal starting 5.

I’d say if you have DLo at the point, you can’t shrink the court with PatBev and Vando. Ant can be at the 2/3. I’d say KAT at the 5 is ideal because he really does punish a lot of 5s on defense because they can’t guard that far from the paint.
So I’d say
PG - DLo
SG - A Desmond Bane archetype super physical on defense, and can hit shoots with a bunch of consistency
SF - Ant
PF - Jaden McDaniels OR very similar to what they would need at the 2/3, is what they need at the 4. Robert Covington
C- KAT

If you move DLo to the 2
PG - Tyus Jones
SG - DLo
SF - Ant
PF - John Collins
C - KAT

ha , funny, BOTH those names keep poppin up T Jones ad J collins. ID LOVE 2 c them grab Collins somehow and run him at the 4 with the line up on top you posted. Too bad Covington got locked up he'd be ideal.
Had a good talk at wok yesterday about DLo and some cat called it ......... the ONLY way you let him go, is IF you get a Tier 1 in return, dont do waht Bklyn did. He does FIT real well with this current line up, just didnt show out in the playoffs ( faded vs memph ) YET ! He tightens up his defense and Id now say there is no need to even think about him leaving, I like Pat Bev but he just aint it and it shoed last year when he was at the point.

Really excited to see what they do with all the 2nd rd draft picks.

ae dlo (2).jpg

ANT fact of tha dai................. Cause LOYALTY IZ JOB 1 !!!

They are super patriotic! When the queen dies, the rest of the colony will die within a few months.

WORKER ANT...

YES THUR !!!

If you are Minny. And you trade DLo.
You better be addressing PG and SG

There’s a bunch of different routes to go, but Pat Bev, McLaughlin, Beasley or Vanderbilt in the starting lineup is one of those things that could make them borderline out of the playoffs as opposed to the next step to like a 4/5 seed.

If you think McDaniels is the goods then you slot him at the 3. Move Ant down to the 2. Provides a lot of height. Then you start looking to bolster forward spots and a center to rebound. Could even move KAT to the 4. Because with DLo and Ant at 1&2 allows you to mix and match with Pat Bev, McLaughlin, Nowell and some vet to fill up 30-40 minutes that would be needed.

Or you decide DLo is better served as the 2. And you’re looking at filing 1, 4, 5. Because McDaniels is a year or two away from his body development to be at the 4 where they struggle with defensive rebounding.

They have some guys they could move to fill in the talent in trades whether it’s Beasley or Vanderbilt who is just a great energy guy but is an odd man out as a 4 who can’t and won’t shoot outside 2 feet.

It’s Ant’s team. KAT has to accept it. As does DLo. But doesn’t necessarily mean you don’t look to DLo to be a stabilizer. Which is a needed role as KAT has bouts of inconsistency and Ant is still a bit away from a true prime in his career. Not worth $30 mil by any stretch. And if that’s what he wants in a new deal, or someone offers it, then you let him walk. Better than making a dumb trade being strapped to a contract and taking a step back. At least with DLo walking potentially it frees up money.

Dont look like they helped themselves in drft other than adding future picks. I guess Lidell wasnt as hot as i thought, ooops. lol

I DEF WANT DLo to stay, time to basically run it back, not so bad cosidering IF they could finish memph woulda never even seen GS * SHRUG*

That front office aint done yet, now wai

WORKIN.............

summer 12.jpg

summer 11.jpg

summer 10.jpg

Back
Top Bottom