The Art(est) of Defense

**Question - why does melo
happy.gif
throughout the game....especially when he's getting locked up?!

Borderline mugging. If it were Bruce Bowen the Laker game & season thread would have exploded.

Melo is a strong dude, but he can't even move Ron-Ron to even get to the post. Artest goes 275 or so EASY.....if u think he's big, u should see his brother

Ron
pimp.gif
. Lakers defense has been much better than last year now as soon as the offense catches up, they'll be clicking on all cylinders.

That shh looks exhausting.
laugh.gif

Ron Artest is an old school player, when the refs let them play that is when an NBA game is entertaining.
pimp.gif

6th foul was very suspect though.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Borderline mugging. If it were Bruce Bowen the Laker game & season thread would have exploded.

I agree with your comment however what would you have him do? The Nuggets were playing as aggressive as the refs would allow and so should we. The refs were bad all night but at least they were consistently bad.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention that there was a lot of borderline mugging going onin this game from the Nuggets side so just take a look at the gamethread to see what remarks were being made.

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

I agree with your comment however what would you have him do? The Nuggets were playing as aggressive as the refs would allow and so should we. The refs were bad all night but at least they were consistently bad.

the refs were horrible both ways...but since the Lakers won of course it always cause refs are biased for us
eyes.gif

Question - why does melo
happy.gif
throughout the game....especially when he's getting locked up?!
i think you guys totally missed OPs question

To answer the question, that's just the kind of guy he is. He might find it amusing that someone is trying really hard to body him up. He might feel like you can't guard him no matter what you do.

The only way you will find out is to send him some fan mail and ask him yourself.

The boy Melo is a cheeser. He smiles throughout the game regardless. One of them dudes who just smile for no reason.
laugh.gif

And any elite player wouldn't be out there frowning, letting the other player know that he has him frustrated. What sense does that make? You want him out there pouting and scowling?

Great physical game, the refs let Melo and Ron Ron battle it out.
I hate the refs that call every little foul,
expecially at the end, if it drastically changes the outcome of the game.

pimp.gif

Last call was suspect, but Melo had done more than his fair share of pushing off yesterday without getting called for it

Those of you mad about the 6th foul call weren't mad when Melo sent Odom into the damn front row with the shoulder that ABC showed 12 different times. 

Bad calls go both ways.  Nuggets got 2 million free throws in the first half, Lakers got the calls in the second half. 

I believe the lame go-to excuse is, "team A was the aggressor in one half, team B was the aggressor in the second half."  

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

That shh looks exhausting.
laugh.gif

Ron Artest is an old school player, when the refs let them play that is when an NBA game is entertaining.
pimp.gif

6th foul was very suspect though.
I could not agree More.. I didn't get to see the game, but I was Glued through out that 9 minute clip.  That's the type of defense I want to see on a daily.  Not letting rookies drop 55
grin.gif

Exact reason LA got him. If he is close to what he was in the past on D, he'll be great come playoff time.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Those of you mad about the 6th foul call weren't mad when Melo sent Odom into the damn front row with the shoulder that ABC showed 12 different times. 

Bad calls go both ways.  Nuggets got 2 million free throws in the first half, Lakers got the calls in the second half. 

I believe the lame go-to excuse is, "team A was the aggressor in one half, team B was the aggressor in the second half."  
You talking about the lay up drive? That was just Melo using his strength.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom