The artist formerly known as Killer Mike

didn't see anything posted

Southern rapper Killer Mike recently revealed his decision to change his rap name to Mike Bigga in an effort to open himself up to future business possibilities.

According to Mike, the rapper had plans to switch his rap alias prior to today's announcement.

'I wanted to do it for a long time,' Mike said in an interview. 'I love how smart the hip-hop fans are and they say 'Man, this guy is dope. Why he so slept on.' Then, it always be a comment under there that be like 'I don't suppose the name Killer Mike be holding him back? You can't get corporate sponsorship with that.' I'm going with the name Mike Bigga because I really feel like I'm bigger than what I have been in the past and I've managed to get legendary status from being a raw rap guy in terms of being able to come out of the shadows of the hardships I've had... I've become my own boss in a bigger partnership with Grind Time Official and Grand Hustle now and I'm just on to bigger and better things..." (All Hip Hop)
source

That's a whack name change. Mike Bigga? Sound like a grammatically flawed incomplete sentence.

alien.gif
laugh.gif
@ Mike Bigga.... he couldn't come with something better than that.

I still respect the dude... I mean he had hella political pressure to change it back when he had his first deal. He's actually gained all of his notorietyunder that moniker.

I'm sad that he's decided to cave in for commercial appeal but I understand. I mean, you'll never hear...

"And now KILLER Mike for Chevrolet..."

^ya it's a thing has to be done if we wants to go that way with his career. Which I'm still excited for.

He won a Grammy with Outkast being named Killer Mike...

Oh well,I see what he's attempting and good luck to him

First thing I thought of was he was goin' for a more "commercial friendly" alias.

It's wack, but I understand it.

Thing is.. he still makes very hardcore underground music. Its not like Corporate America is gonna overlook that.

Originally Posted by dvdjamm5150

He won a Grammy with Outkast being named Killer Mike...

Oh well,I see what he's attempting and good luck to him
And for better or worse, that's all Killer Mike ever earned as Killa Kill from the 'Ville: A Grammy, street credibility, and criticalacclaim from much of the hip-hop world.

Of all the industry people & artists I have met up to now, dude is easily one of the most informed, if not most proactive in working towards his ownsuccess. Anyone that was ever down with him, from the OutKast days, to the beginnings of the Grind Time movement, to the Purple Ribbon days in between all ofthis, will definitely continue to support him as long as he continues to be the same Killer Mike we've all come to respect.

Maybe if he put a solid album out in his career then he wouldn't have to worry about changing his name. He's a better guest MC.

Back
Top Bottom