The ATM just stole $800 from me...

I just went to an ATM to make a cash deposit, since the banks were closed all day. I put $800 in, and the ATM just said there was an error and didn't giveme the cash back or credit it to my account. Has this ever happened to anyone or does anyone know the likelihood of me getting the money back? And yes, this isa cool story.

roll.gif
Damn that sucks, especially on Christmas ofall days

I did that with $50 once, needless to say I never make deposits at the bank ATM anymore.

You deposited $800 through an ATM?!
eek.gif

It took your money to teach you a lesson:

Never deposit $800 through an ATM.

You got bank of america?

Happend to me, i just called the number on ATM and told them my location... they looked it up and saw I did a transaction and asked me the amount, i told themmore then i put in....
approved.

Money showed in my account few minutes later.

I always deposit money in the ATM. Never had any problems. Hope it works out for you.

I'm going back to school in the morning tomorrow, there were no other options...especially considering the $35 overdraft fee on the account(which I'llprobably end up paying again)

^ yup call in and they will fix it. An ATM machine gave me the wrong amount when i withdrew money, told the worker and they fixed it and gave me my money

Originally Posted by Futuristic

I just went to an ATM to make a cash deposit, since the banks were closed all day. I put $800 in, and the ATM just said there was an error and didn't give me the cash back or credit it to my account. Has this ever happened to anyone or does anyone know the likelihood of me getting the money back? And yes, this is a cool story.

are you following me man.

The same thing happened to me, I put $60 in the ATM and an error message came up. I went back the next day and spoke to one of the bank representatives andthey fixed it. What bank do you have?

I didn't even know you could deposit cash into your account via ATM. I would never do it....let alone $800. You live and learn, my friend.

that happened to me with a check at a wells fargo atm. the machine literally shut down right when i put the money in. I didnt know it didnt go through for afew days and i had mad overdrafts. It took like 2 months for them to sort it out...they couldnt find the check. I havent deposited checks at that atm sincethen

it happened to me with a few hundreds, i called my bank told them the amount and location. they put the credit into my account and told me they would take amonth to process , but they still gave me the credit incase i needed it but told me it would be removed if they didnt approve my claim...hope that helps

Originally Posted by BlackSheep08

The same thing happened to me, I put $60 in the ATM and an error message came up. I went back the next day and spoke to one of the bank representatives and they fixed it. What bank do you have?

Chase

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by USA Pride4Life

I didn't even know you could deposit cash into your account via ATM.
I had no idea also
i'm pretty sure you can't...or at least you definitely aren't supposed to...and clearly there is a reason for that

Its not gonna show up right away because no trasactions are really going through right now.. You'll see it in your account by monday, trust

Yes , the same thing happened to me when BofA switched to windows based ATM. I deposited my check and cash and was like 500 or 600 and while it was processingthe transaction, the damn atm resets like a computer! I was heated. Just called the number on the ATM and they took care of it , made it official 2 weeks laterwith a letter.

serious question : which bank?
once i had a 2000 dollar check that i deposited into an ATM, extremely scared that something will happen but it was all good...

Back
Top Bottom