The Babadook (2014) - Scariest damn movie I have ever seen 98% Rotten Tomatoes

Also the first 2/3rds of insidious were :pimp:
Was legit creeped out
Then the last 1/3rd of it I just felt it was mediocre

I still can't believe people didn't like The Cabin in the Woods.

Movie is a classic to me.

Yup, I can't call it a Horror Movie though even though its technically a Horror.

I think we have to define What is "Scary", when you guys are saying So and so is "Scary" Are you saying it had you scared in the literal sense as is the goal of a Horror movie or are you guys simply saying a Movie was Good?

I still stand by Conjuring being trash, I was soooo hyped to see it cause of NT and left the theater pissed.

Also drag me to hell was a good *** movie
Not really sure if it was horror though

Surprised nobody mentioned evil dead from last year
To me it was just really gory
And I thought it was just ok
But other people think it was one of the best

I can't even call movies scary anymore, honestly.

The last time I was legit scared from a movie was when I was a kid and saw The Exorcist.

That movie had me shook for like a week, to the point I slept downstairs in our TV room because I was afraid a demon was going to walk upside down/backwards down the stairs.

Movies like Sinister are just creepy to me, but I don't walk around shook or anything fearing that Bagul is hiding in my shower, :lol:

And yea, I don't view The Cabin in the Woods as a horror, either, but it's an amazing movie.

I seriously don't understand how fans of horror movies don't like it.

Also drag me to hell was a good *** movie
Not really sure if it was horror though

Surprised nobody mentioned evil dead from last year
To me it was just really gory
And I thought it was just ok
But other people think it was one of the best

Evil dead was entertaining, drag me to hell I remember seeing it when I worked at the movies and it was meh

Saw the Babadook last weekend. I didn't like it.

The plot stinks. The mother & the son are utterly annoying - I found it really difficult to be sympathetic towards them. The monster is not scary, the graphics that were used when the monster is crawling on the ceiling was very crude . Also, the kids obsession with this book makes no sense. The suspense was decent.

Overall the movie seems like a low budget horror movie.

I liked the movie a lot. I thought it was a good story. Although, the movie would have benefited without ever showing the "babadook." I thought the actor who played the mom did a tremendous job and the kid wasn't too shabby either even though he was annoying as fudge in the beginning. The book also sent chills down my spine, I thought it was a nice touch! :D :smokin

the old things aren't as good as they used to be

plenty of movies are scary post 1999

The Ring
Paranormal Activity
The Conjuring
The Descent
The Strangers
Sinister

just to name a few that come to my head

The Descent had me shook :wow:

It had so many theatrics that was worth doing, the book part was classic.  But overall, it lacked just a bit.  Not HOF status.

You guys are having a debate on what movies are scary with a man that classifies Rush Hour 2 as a (classic) martial arts film... :lol:

Last edited:
Judged this movie by it's cover and thought it was straight to Pay-per-view type of movie. Guess I was wrong, I might check it out on matinee.

Severance 
pimp.gif

the cabin in the woods from what i've read was an amazing movie that sort of parodies itself. i will stream it soon. read nothing but great things about it.

the descent was a cool movie. i prefer the UK ending..:nerd:

The ring was aight...

paranormal activity ?

View media item 1311073
ive seen scooby doo mysteries scarier than that ****. foh.

Eh, The Conjuring was definitely overrated. Not really scary at all, I was disappointed seeing it after everyone hyped it.

Will give this a try though. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

Fam, I hate scary movies.

When I was a kid, I went to watch Finding Nemo, I was around 10 or 11.

You know what they showed as a trailer?

I was in Asia btw, and the worst part they had the kid's face plastered on all the buses in town. Shook for life.

Seems like not too many places in the bay are showing this. Been wanting to see this for a while and didnt realize it came out last month.

Back
Top Bottom