The Beard Thread ... Baby Faces enter at your own risk .....

i noticed we have threads for just about anything except beard care . i take pride in my man fur , got a whole bag of just about anything to maintain it's beauty. just curious what others use to care and maintain theirs. from clippers to beard butter any input is welcome. even u baby faces are welcome for tips and encouragement :D

right now i only use

878639001022_imageset

:smokin

I switch off between that same beard butter and their oil. I have been having crazy dry skin on my beard for the first time in my life though its driving me crazy. Has anyone dealt with that?

they say this is the best period

71vA1A7+RZL._SL1101_.jpg

i'm intrigued but not all of em smell good. some smell like boots and toothpaste :sick:

Last edited:
How does beard butter work fork black men’s beard? I just stick to the oil because it seems like the butter would be too thick.

In like 3 yrs i went from patchy gray to full salt n pepper. Not gonna dye it either like my grandfather who looked ridiculous in his 80's with coal black hair and beard :lol:

Embrace the gray :smokin

do those rollers really help with growing a beard? most I can do is a goatee 😔
I read into it when I first started to grow out my 'beard' and everything I've read said it doesn't. It's suppose to improve blood flow so that your hair follicles get stronger, but most people said they didn't see a difference.

I have seen people use minoxidil to grow fuller beards though. I've considered trying that, but I'm lazy having to apply that on the regular.

I remember when my uncles would tell me eatin 🐱 would make it grow more, swore by it . For a lil bit i was eatin everything i could get a piece of :smh:

My beard did get thicker ....

I use this after a shower. Pat dry beard so that its slightly damp but not drenched from the water, then I work some of this through and comb. Gives me a Nice shine, no aroma like the beard butters and oils, which I know some folks like but I could do without that honestly.

AA260D13-124C-4C2B-8B2F-4392DBFC633A.jpeg

I’m black, if that matters

How does beard butter work fork black men’s beard? I just stick to the oil because it seems like the butter would be too thick.

How does it work in terms or being able to rub it in all the way?

Just rub it in your hands and apply like any thick butter. (Cocoa / Shea)

I'm using scotch porter right now.
It's lightly scented, but after first wash
there was definitely a difference in how much softer my beard became.
I use there beard balm too, which has the same scent as the wash.
20451524_fpx.jpeg

Next week I got the Velvet noir set coming in, so I'll report back on how that's working out.
SetTemp_EVNS_1024x.jpg

Back
Top Bottom