The BEST pro athlete in DC did it again last night....

Discussion in 'MD/DC/VA' started by doublejs07, Feb 19, 2009.

1. doublejs07

doublejs07

Absolutely disgusting...[​IMG]

If you haven't gotten a chance to see this dude live, it's WELL worth it....Alexander Ovechkin is the best and most popular athlete in DC right now,and I don't even think it's close....Caps are becoming a hot ticket in town...like I said before, if you haven't seen this dude live, it'sworth the price of admission....

2. tha2one

tha2one

[​IMG]

going to a playoff game...[​IMG]

3. rockdeep

rockdeep Banned

Yo.. for real.. my cousin invited me to a Caps game years ago. My girl used to get him free tickets (how u gonna invite me with my girls tix(another story) butit was versus the Rangers and Richter was in goal...

I don't think I've EVER had a better time at a LIVE sporting event.

I definately want to see them now with Ovi playing.

At Basketball games I could never root for the other team cause my girl worked for the wiz.. even though I did.. but everyone there got salty.. cause I was inthe Players Fam section..and at ******** games, its too many coporate poo poos there and too many people worried about you yelling and clapping and standigup.. Which I did anyway.

At Hockey games.. they could give an F.. The White dudes came down and were telling me they loved my enthusiasm.. I felt like I should have thanked them forallowing me to watch their sport!! lol

4. j paycheck

j paycheck

Try a soccer game

5. rockdeep

rockdeep Banned

^^ Nah.. them fools get to being "hooligans" lol

Nations fighting Nations.... Plus There's no physicalness on the field just in the stands.

I like my action on-field thanks!! lol

6. deuce king

deuce king

7. doublejs07

doublejs07

[​IMG] Rock...I went to a Caps game a few years back, and I was hooked....the sport is awesome. Also, the number of minorities playing in the NHLis growing (slowly...but surely)...last night at the game there were two black dudes and a hatian (no wyclef) playing...

Deuce...out of curiosity..who do you think is the most popular DC athlete right now? I still say Ovechkin...

*Glibert ain't relevant at the moment

*Nats suck...

*And while Clinton Portis is known...his popularity is hot/cold with many in the skins/DC fanbase

DC is a real FICKLE sports town...one of those "what have you done fore me lately?" types of cities....remember there was NOTHING Gilbert could dowrong when he was dropping 60 points on the Lakers, writing his blog, and being goofy....my how the times have changed...

I just think with Ovechkin, he has the personality, hardware (ROY and league MVP), and team of the moment here in the city....it has a lot to do with the othersports teams like the Skins, Wizards, and Nats just being average....there is a LEGIT buzz surrounding the Caps, and they have a real young team which the cityhas really taken to since last year.

8. doublejs07

doublejs07

Rock...here's our black dude.... Donald Brashear [​IMG]

9. parada45

parada45

Dude is so sick

10. rockdeep

rockdeep Banned

Yeah.. I knew about Don B. They don't want NONE of him.. lol.. What was the other brotha who used to be with the Bruins??

And Soccer might be cool in person for the atmosphere.. but bruh.. NO SPORT which has NO physical action and a score of Niel niel will ever keep my attention.I LOVE baseball.. played it in college and HS.. but on TV its the worse and even sometimes in person if you aren't drinkin its boring..

As for Ovi being the most popular.. Hands down.. When I can go into a Barbershop with ALL brothas.. and Hockey comes up and the talk is.. the only problem withOVI is he could slap us in the face and we wouldn't recognize him

Something is afoot.

Hockey is the flavor of the minute cause DC has craved a winner. Hell they slap the face of the Wiz... he's def the most popular now in town. No contest.

11. deuce king

deuce king

12. j paycheck

j paycheck

13. j paycheck

j paycheck

Edit: Don't know why my comment didn't post.

MAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, crap not about to re-write my well though out comment or response but in short...

How's this for physical?

Then I went on to discuss seriously how physical soccer really is (broken ankle, bloody nose, mouth, kicks to the face, etc) and I compared going to soccergame vs others... football (people cheer on 3rd and long, TD, and you have to watch what you say), basketball (that after work still in suit folks dont knowhow to show support and irk'd by folks that go and arent event interested in the game, text'n and ssssh), baseball (drag), wrestling (lol), etc etc � Ithen sugg. if you never been to try it.�� I also agree for the most part with Duece last comments about most popular in DC and how Ovi wouldn't berecognized in the streets of DC for the most part compared to Portis or even Gil.� Also agree DC fans are flakey!

14. doublejs07

doublejs07

As of right now, I think the most popular athlete is Clinton Portis, although I think it should be Ovechkin just cause as you said and I agreed with you...........he's the best we have around these parts. DC is still home of the ********, first and foremost, so it's going to take that much more from any team or athlete outside of the ******** per say to overcome the popularity of any Redskin player. To me, it feels like the media hasn't caught up to what the Caps are doing just yet, some local media yes, but not a whole like they do with the ********. Ovechkin could walk down the street right now in broad daylight and nobody would know who the hell he is, if anything they would be laughing at the gap in his teeth, but they wouldn't recognize the guy at all.

15. phinsfan13

phinsfan13

Only DC sports team I've ever cared about. Grew up on this sport, glad to see the fanbase is growing, and while it's still a predominantly white sport,I see the chances of it getting an even larger minority fanbase. Nothing quite like a caps game.

16. rockdeep

rockdeep Banned

Im surprised no local SportsCaster has done a story on the Minority Fan Base growing and go into Barbershops and such. Local tv news aint what it used to be.

17. lilstarz07

lilstarz07 Banned

glad to see people broadening their horizons ... i get at least 8-12 wizards tickets per home game and i havent even showed up this year ... but damn if i donthop at the chance for caps tickets ... ovi is like watching any great player in any sport ... everyone knows hes gonna have the puck and score, but yet henever fails ... its just amazing watching dude skate ...

18. flip sensayshun

flip sensayshun

Saw that on Sportscenter the other day.

AO is definitely [​IMG][​IMG]

19. shabooyah1124

shabooyah1124

If you're talking about the MLS then [​IMG].

20. fitz20706

fitz20706

yea that was unreal

21. ScroogeMcBuckz

ScroogeMcBuckz formerly aceboogie

[​IMG][​IMG]my son kirked.

22. importking

importking

I used to have tix to every game at home... and sitting behind the glass on opposite goal.. 5 rows up... with beer in ya cup is as fun as any sporting eventcan be.

23. jahsondc

jahsondc

I have to agre with J paycheck....

Rock:
    You also have to take in consideration what type of game you watched...

It must have been an MLS game..

Most players play for the MLS in the off season (from Eurpean Leagues)

and its sad to say they dont give it 100%

TRUST you me though watch a couple of European league games... and you might have a change of heart.

24. importking

importking

yeah ill go with that.. Euro games are the best.. Best players in the world.. They go hard at every game, every possession.

MLS is like watching D1 games on nba channel.