The best young player that no one knows about...

Joined Mar 23, 2008
this man right here:

Batting .370 with 8 homers while playing some of the best OF defense in the league... Oh and he doesn't turn 24 until august

Joined May 30, 2006
No one knows about Adam Jones? HUH?

He was one of the best prospects in baseball for how long? Not to mention the headliner of a deal for a legitimate ace?
Come on...

Joined Oct 28, 2006
Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

He was one of the best prospects in baseball for how long? Not to mention the headliner of a deal for a legitimate ace?
Come on...
Gonna say the same thing...

Joined May 30, 2006
I mean, he was only like every major publication's prediction for breakout star of 2009...

Joined Mar 23, 2008
Bad wording by me in the title. He just doesn't get much pub since he plays here in Baltimore and the team isn't very good. Check that, the team sucks.

Joined Feb 16, 2007
And the Mariners traded him for an "ace" that can't pitch more than a 100 pitches...

Joined Nov 11, 2007
I know what the OP meant, but I was expecting to see some 16-year old phenom or something.

Joined Nov 20, 2003
too bad our IDIOT GM traded him and Sherrill away for a glass-made, wimpy, wussy, girly canadian pitcher.

Joined Jul 15, 2003
Originally Posted by finnns2003

too bad our IDIOT GM traded him and Sherrill away for a glass-made, wimpy, wussy, girly canadian pitcher.

I am still deeply upset over that trade. The Mariners have made so horrible trades over the years, but I have a feeling that this could go down asthe worst one.

Joined Nov 20, 2003
Originally Posted by JONFARR

Originally Posted by finnns2003

I am still deeply upset over that trade. The Mariners have made so horrible trades over the years, but I have a feeling that this could go down as the worst one.
tell me about it. bavasi knew what he was doing, trying to save his job sacrificing the future. he knew if it didn't pan out, he'd be goneeither way. what a tool.

now adam is lighting it up, and our outfield besides ichiro is weak (wlad/gutierrez ain't jones)

Joined May 11, 2008
Originally Posted by jrp44

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Come on...
Gonna say the same thing...

Joined Aug 2, 2006
Brett Cecil was mad slept on even though he had identical stats to David Price in the minors and is a year younger.

Also I kept trying to tell y'all about Aaron Hill, I said 20+ home runs and he looks like he might exceed that.

Joined Jan 2, 2009

HI. My Name is Ryan Zimmerman. I'm the best 3b in baseball.

.358 BA, 10 HR, 31 RBI, 33 RUNS, .411 OBP, .630 SLG, 1.041 OPS

how many of you realized Ryan was raking like that??? it took a 30 game hitting streak for Zimm to get some damn recognition.

Zimmerman can't be ignored any longer. he deserves to be the starting 3b at the all-star game (uncontested best 3b in the NL), and win the gold glove (bestdefensive player in all of baseball) this year. the only one on Zimmerman's level is Longoria.

ZIMMERMAN is GOD

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now