The Biden-Harris Administration | The White House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this one is crazy to me. Pretty sure it defies the most basic of economic principles.
what-president-does.png

This. All of this right here.

I rarely roll with "blame the media"
but this is largely the medias fault.

we had an entire primary debates about, Medicare for all vs, public option,
or whether college tuition should be free, or mostly free.

when all of it was irrelevant and was never going to happen.

so if you are a politician and media asks you, what is your opinion on Medicare for all vs public option.
you're answer can't really be "it doesn't matter because it's not happening"

Unfortunately he was the ONLY option we had to get Trump the **** out, I’ll never regret making that choice, i never claimed Biden as our savior...dude is an antiquated as Trump, same era, same roots, both white old men who benefitted from white supremacy their whole lives....hopefully we have better choices next election, Biden only won because the alternative was Trump.
I just hope Kamala doesn't think its her turn.

Do you think messaging plays a part in the expectations people may have? Honest question
Absolutely. And politicians know 90% of people don't know a damn thing about how government works and don't care about politics enough to dig deep, which is why elections have become a popularity and charisma contest. It's on the people at this point to educate themselves about how things actually can get done because it's in politicians' best interest to have the people as ignorant as possible, so they can keep saying **** like "healthcare will be free for everyone under my 4 year watch", or "I will build the biggest baddest tallest wall and Mexico will pay for it".

I rarely roll with "blame the media"
but this is largely the medias fault.

we had an entire primary debates about, Medicare for all vs, public option,
or whether college tuition should be free, or mostly free.

when all of it was irrelevant and was never going to happen.

so if you are a politician and media asks you, what is your opinion on Medicare for all vs public option.
you're answer can't really be "it doesn't matter because it's not happening"

they should though and be like “this is why” and just send shots directly at people stopping it.
That’s what republicans do.

but I feel like a lot of the people who voted for him, know very little about politics/government
I'd argue that most voters know little to nothing about politics, government, and macroeconomics. Even the ones who regularly watch the news don't seem to grasp the delay that typically exists between the signing of a bill and its implementation.
Most americans are stupid. They must’ve forgot laws and policies have to be drawn up and make it through a bunch of stages to get votes for approval. Then implementation has to happen.

In Nov. 2016, folks were saying without irony that the economy had recovered after the election of Trump. Fast forward to Nov. 2020, COVID became Biden's fault. Back in Nov. 2008, the recession was caused by Obama. :lol:
None of these presidents took office before the January of the year following their election, and it usually takes at least a year before the impact of a president's policies begins to be felt on the rest of society.

The Biden administration is losing support among black voters

NOVEMBER 23, 2021 12:00 AM
BY SCOTT DAVIS
It has been over a year since President Joe Biden delivered his victory speech thanking black voters. “You’ve always had my back, and I’ll have yours,” he said .
However, based on his continued decline in popularity with black voters, it appears Biden has fallen short of his promise.

For the past year, the Biden administration has been long on photo ops, embellished positive headlines, and so-called "woke" utterances. But it's lacked genuine reforms to the federal government that would change the black community’s status as the nation’s permanent underclass.

Many black voters appreciate Biden’s appointment of notable black political figures to positions in his administration, his establishment of Juneteenth as a national holiday , and his acknowledgment of the centennial of the Tulsa Massacre.

But as a whole, black voters have considerable experience with exploitation via superfluous political gestures and superficial political appointments. They have seen such appointments before and have a name for it: Bureaucratic blackface, the practice of appointing blacks to positions with fancy titles with no real power, all to give the illusion of diversity and inclusion.

These appointees’ lack of influence was illustrated by their silence when Biden denied 30,000 Haitians asylum into the country as if they were unruly Walmart shoppers on Black Friday. Black immigration activists were surprised none of them spoke up — Vice President Kamala Harris and most of Biden’s black political appointees, after all, had spent the previous four years speaking against the harsh immigration policies of the Trump administration.

The frustration black voters have with Biden reflects my own experience with his administration’s false promises to have “our backs.”

Earlier this year, I contacted White House chief of staff Ron Klain and deputy chief of staff Jen O’Malley Dillon regarding the illegal targeting of myself and other black federal employees who participated in congressional investigations. These employees were denied access to attorneys as U.S. Special Counsel Henry Kerner’s office conducted what I believe to be a retaliatory criminal investigation.

Based on Biden’s campaign rhetoric about criminal justice reform, one would think his office would be quick to address Kerner targeting black federal employees based on false allegations from senior managers who had been caught using government emails to spread hate speech.

Unfortunately, the White House instructed me to follow up with presidential aide Sophia Rubio, who never responded to my concerns.

they should though and be like “this is why” and just send shots directly at people stopping it.
That’s what republicans do.

republicans don't do that.
They don't have long drawn out argument on exactly how they are going to give tax breaks to millionaires.

Republicans campaign on pure vibes,

and somehow they never get into long debates on the unpopular details.

Unfortunately he was the ONLY option we had to get Trump the **** out, I’ll never regret making that choice, i never claimed Biden as our savior...dude is an antiquated as Trump, same era, same roots, both white old men who benefitted from white supremacy their whole lives....hopefully we have better choices next election, Biden only won because the alternative was Trump.

On point right here. He was bad a candidate just like Hilary before him but the bar is set so low.

Biden administration tries to drive down gas prices

WASHINGTON (Gray DC) - Concerns over rising gas prices are now demanding some action.

Tuesday, the Biden Administration announced a plan to help drive down how much people are paying at the pump by authorizing use of 50 million barrels of oil from the nation’s petroleum reserve.

The U.S. consumed about 21 million barrels of oil a day in September, so this release would be used up in less than three days at that rate.

The Gray Television Washington News Bureau asked Secretary of Energy Jennifer Granholm about the plan

Granholm said, “What we did today in releasing this amount, it means that over the next few weeks we will see an increase in supply and therefore the prices should stabilize. Right now, the reason why we’re seeing these high prices is because demand is much higher than supply of oil and gas, and so we’re trying to correct that imbalance.”

Democrats on Capitol Hill praised the move to ease the financial burden on middle class families.

^^
A lot of companies that are right wing owned want to make Biden look bad. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re causing all this mess just for the headlines

Biden administration expected to restart 'Remain in Mexico' policy next week

(CNN)The Biden administration is expected to restart the Trump-era "Remain in Mexico" border policy next week, according to a senior administration official.

The policy forces non-Mexican migrants to stay in Mexico until their immigration court dates in the US. It was suspended at the beginning of President Joe Biden's term and formally terminated months later. But in August, a federal judge in Texas said the Biden administration had violated federal law in how it had gone about unwinding the program and required that it be restored.

Since then, the US has been in discussions with Mexico to revive the controversial policy. The Department of Homeland Security has also released a second memo terminating the policy, but it can't take effect until the court order has been lifted.

As a result, the policy, formally known as Migrant Protection Protocols, is expected to start small, and those enrolled to be returned to Mexico will be given the option of getting the Covid-19 vaccine, the senior administration official told CNN. The anticipated timeline to restart the policy was first reported by Axios.

"As we have previously stated, we are required by court order to reimplement MPP. In compliance with the court order, we are working to reimplement MPP as promptly as possible," a Homeland Security spokesperson said in a statement.

"We cannot do so until we have the independent agreement from the Government of Mexico to accept those we seek to enroll in MPP. We will communicate to the court, and to the public, the timing of reimplementation when we are prepared to do so," the spokesperson added.

Biden administration approves second major offshore wind project, to provide power to N.Y.

The administration plans to build at least 16 offshore wind energy facilities by 2025.

The Biden administration said Wednesday it plans to build a wind farm off Rhode Island to supply power to New York.

The approval from the Interior Department paves the way for the country's second large-scale offshore wind farm after a similar project got underway in Massachusetts. The administration aims to put the U.S. on a path to generate 30 gigawatts of offshore wind energy by 2030, powering about 10 million homes.

“We have no time to waste in cultivating and investing in a clean energy economy that can sustain us for generations,” Interior Secretary Deb Haaland said in a statement Wednesday.

The approximately 130-megawatt project — 19 miles southeast of Block Island, Rhode Island, and 35 miles east of Montauk Point, New York — will eventually power about 70,000 homes on Long Island and create more than 300 jobs, the Biden administration said.

The Interior Department said it adopted “a range of measures” to “avoid, minimize, and mitigate potential impacts that could result from the construction and operation of the proposed project.” It said it consulted with tribes, local governments and industries.

Construction began last week on the first major offshore project — an 800-megawatt wind farm 15 miles off Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts. The project is expected to start sending power to the grid in 2023.

Biden administration calls for hike in federal drilling fees in report that largely sidesteps climate issues

(CNN)The Department of the Interior on Friday released a long-awaited review of oil and gas drilling on federal lands and oceans that recommends an increase in leasing fees and consideration of environmental concerns in leasing decisions. But the report largely sidesteps climate change issues, and does not recommend a halt to new oil and gas leasing -- a promise President Joe Biden campaigned on.

The report, which Biden commissioned last January, outlines a series of primarily fiscal reforms for the federal oil and gas program, which Interior said currently "fails to provide a fair return to taxpayers, even before factoring in the resulting climate-related costs that must be borne by taxpayers."

Environmental groups expressed concerns about the review and called for more urgent action to be taken to address the climate crisis.

"These trivial changes are nearly meaningless in the midst of this climate emergency, and they break Biden's campaign promise to stop new oil and gas leasing on public lands," said Randi Spivak, public lands director at the Center for Biological Diversity. "Greenlighting more fossil fuel extraction, then pretending it's OK by nudging up royalty rates, is like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. There's no time left for baby steps that let the fossil-fuel industry wreak even greater havoc on the Earth."

Biden administration resists tougher Russia sanctions in Congress
The Biden administration, led by Secretary of State Antony Blinken, is pushing back on Congress passing tougher sanctions against a Russian energy project even as President Biden is coming under pressure to get tougher on Moscow.

The administration on Monday imposed new sanctions on a ship involved the construction of the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline, a top strategic priority of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

But Biden's team is leery of tougher action on the project for fear of antagonizing Germany, an important European ally in the fight to address climate change and limit China's growing global influence.

Nord Stream 2 is an important part of Putin's effort to exert economic and military pressure on Ukraine because it would allow Russia to send gas to Europe without going through the country.

It's a tough spot for Biden because while the president wants to be careful of German economic interests, he's also under pressure to respond to Moscow's increasingly bellicose posture toward Ukraine.

U.S. intelligence has detected a buildup of Russian troops along the Ukrainian border in preparation for a possible military invasion, according to a report from Bloomberg.

Nevertheless, Senate aides say that Blinken is urging Democratic senators to block an amendment sponsored by Sens. James Risch (Idaho), the ranking Republican on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, and Ted Cruz (R-Texas) to impose sanctions on Nord Stream 2 AG, which is owned by Russian energy giant Gazprom.

Thread is strictly for the discussion of the Biden administration. Please limit any mention of other political parties aside from democrats as much as possible.

Democrats are failing worse than the lakers with Russ and that sorry roster

sadly, republicans will win in 2024 and we will be set back many years. Like the lakers and their trade for Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom