The Big Bang... I want to know what happened.

Lets talk about shall we?

I've looked up some opinions on what happened. I thinks its possible, but I can't wrap my head around there being nothing, then bam the universe begins.

When I say "nothing", I'm thinking of just a blank space that is unimaginable in a way. So was there nothing as in just nothing at all or what? 

And what caused the event of the big bang. What triggered it? When I think about it, I think of absolutely nothing exploding into a bunch of something.

What was the process of which things came together and formed the Earth and universe we see before us? Seriously, it really is an interesting topic to me and it boggles my mind, so maybe some of you can give me a better understand of what took place.
nerd.gif

Here we go

Im not sure myself as to what I believe about this. It is hard to grasp that there was at one point "nothing" then there was something. Or even the fact that there was always something or someone.

Well when I find myself thinkin about the cosmos.. I try to picture the universe as a bubble of air in the middle of water
instead of air, the bubble is pure energy (E=mC square) energy is mass blah blah so Im thinking the bubble of pure energy ran into another bubble of pure energy floating around this place we havent discovered yet and caused a chain reaction which made the pure energy decompose into matter .. so the bubble started gettin bigger the more energy was converted to mass

some $!+% like that

it really is unthinkable to just go from literally nothing to BAM, the whole universe as we know it, i just hope one day we'll be able to know all the mysteries of life

God's room mate pulled his finger after an intense arm wrestling match. Pretty simple if you ask me.

We'll never find the beginning because there isn't one. Only in our minds.

You've got a bunch of empty space/dark matter going around but my thing is, what's containing that dark matter and energy that our universe is composed of?
Better wording: The universe is a huge box and an egg would represent the single primeval atom. What's on the outside of that box/our universe?

This is how our solar system was formed.
y07ep.png

sm9jzd.png

2nsyqzk.png

20qib7d.png

14e2hkp.png

My astronomy class said:
The solar system had an origin 4500 million years in the past. Sun, the planets, the moons and every other object in the solar system were created then. In fact, the process of formation of planets is a natural outcome of star formation.

Astronomers now have plenty of evidence that suggests that planets are likely to form whenever stars form (although the stability of these planetary systems is still in question). All stars form from clouds of gas and dust which roam our galaxy. Eventually, gravity causes the cloud to collapse; since the cloud is spinning, material falls in along the 'poles' faster than it does near the 'equator.' This flattening results in a disk-like object.

Material slowly wends its way into the center of this disk, forming a new star. While the star continues to grow lumps form in the disk which will ultimately become planets. The disk eventually thins as more material falls onto the star and the protoplanets. A hole in the disk near the star forms as material is completely incorporated into the star and planets.

Eventually, fully-formed planets exist within the hole, even as new planets are still under construction in the outer parts of the disk. Ultimately, the remaining dust is cleared out completely, leaving a fully-formed Solar System. This entire process, from the collapse of the cloud to the final formation of the planets, takes a few tens of millions of years. That is only a tiny fraction of the age of the Solar System. For the remaining many thousands of millions of years, Earth and the other planets of the Solar System have been undergoing evolution in many ways.

I thought the theory was that there was an unbelievably dense mass that exploded outwards, not nothing becoming something. Either way it's confusing as hell, what was that super-dense mass inside of? Not space, space was inside the mass. Whoa.

I don't understand how matter and energy is neither created nor destroyed? I understand the conservation, but it had to have a start, right?

Is the big bang theory supposed to explain how EVERYTHING came to be or just the solar system? Ive been under the impression that the bbt started everything....

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

I thought the theory was that there was an unbelievably dense mass that exploded outwards, not nothing becoming something. Either way it's confusing as hell, what was that super-dense mass inside of? Not space, space was inside the mass. Whoa.

Yeah that's what I'm saying. It makes you think in a continues circle. If space was inside the mass, then where did the mass reside?
eek.gif

Im not sure myself as to what I believe about this. It is hard to grasp that there was at one point "nothing" then there was something. Or even the fact that there was always something or someone.
Yeah its ultra confusing. I can fathom the idea of a being outside our realm. But the dense mass is a tough one. Pretty interesting I must say.

We'll never find the beginning because there isn't one. Only in our minds.

You've got a bunch of empty space/dark matter going around but my thing is, what's containing that dark matter and energy that our universe is composed of?
Better wording: The universe is a huge box and an egg would represent the single primeval atom. What's on the outside of that box/our universe?

Well see with that, I can but can't see it. When I think about the universe, I think about time. Which in turn draws me to the conclusion that there was a start point for our universe.

That's another can of worms. Is it endless or does it have a point where it restarts.

http://Nickthestick91.u.yuku.com
Nickthestick91
Thanks. In that theory, was space already present?

I don't understand how matter and energy is neither created nor destroyed? I understand the conservation, but it had to have a start, right?

Yeah that's what I think, it had to have a start point. Its just crazy that everything was accident. Everything usually has a purpose.

makes you wonder if there were universes that collapsed upon themselves and if the one now is made up of the remnents. But where it came from originaly is one of the few things that make me possibly beleive in a god...

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

makes you wonder if there were universes that collapsed upon themselves and if the one now is made up of the remnents. But where it came from originaly is one of the few things that make me possibly beleive in a god...

Yeah I remember when I was young, I used to rack my brain thinking about how we got here, what created this, if God exist, who created him. Then eventually I came to a point now where I believe God created everything we see, but He doesn't operate in our realm. Its very confusion though
nerd.gif

I like to hear what others think though. Keep the ideas and theories coming.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

Yeah I remember when I was young, I used to rack my brain thinking about how we got here, what created this, if God exist, who created him. Then eventually I came to a point now where I believe God created everything we see, but He doesn't operate in our realm. Its very confusion though
nerd.gif

I like to hear what others think though. Keep the ideas and theories coming.

You pretty much summed up what i was thinking. this is the thing id like to know above all else as well

Its pretty much impossible for the human mind to comprehend such thinking... there are things in this universe that we will never understand (i.e. universe(s), extra dimensions, life, etc..) we can only ponder and imagine...its what makes us human.

Look at it this way

Accept that there is a God
or
Discuss this topic on an infinite basis....

Where the !##+ you gonna go when you reach the outskirts of space...haha space never ends... EVER!

EARTH IS OUR HOME(accept it) AND WE TREAT IT LIKE $%#$.

Smoke some herb and think about it.

To those of you who can't comprehend a "beginning", the same thing could be said for "God". Who made God? If you believe he made himself from nothing, than you can say the same thing about the creation of the universe.

Back
Top Bottom