The Black Album appreciation

pimp.gif

My second or third favorite album from Jay. Piff front to back
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by blahzee

Originally Posted by wildout4

Originally Posted by carL0Wm3yng

He should have retired at this album as intended.

co-sign. last jay album i really liked.
qft

i hate when cats say this... like American Gangster doesnt exist

anyhow this is 3rd or 4th best....great way to go out

Im glad that a lot of Yall (the internet opinion) shifted on this album. its like yalll need 4 years ("till 4 years later its on timed release" lol)to begin to appreciate the music.

Blueprint 2 will get its time as well.

laugh.gif
at people actually believing me when i said kingdom come > tba. i was joking.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Im glad that a lot of Yall (the internet opinion) shifted on this album. its like yalll need 4 years ("till 4 years later its on timed release" lol) to begin to appreciate the music.

Exactly.

The entire album bangs, Encore is my victory anthem and I still bang Change Clothes b4 I hit the club/mall/party
it amazes me how "what more can I say?" was an amazing fact based song. I thought he was really quitting.

then he said more. ITS YA BOY!!!!

Im glad that a lot of Yall (the internet opinion) shifted on this album. its like yalll need 4 years ("till 4 years later its on timed release" lol) to begin to appreciate the music.

American Gangsta will get its shine too

Originally Posted by sparklecity SC

If anything AG gets that crazy talk applied to it. Bunch yall calling it classic.

As for BP2. A double disc album with a lot of great and equally a lot of meh songs. It does not play like an album. Compared to other double disc albums itisn't better than LAD or All Eyes On Me. Compared to his other albums it isn't in the top 5. The BP series gets progressively worse.

My fav Hov single on there "Change Clothes" always loved the black album, his first album where he dabbled in his current style

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by sparklecity SC

If anything AG gets that crazy talk applied to it. Bunch yall calling it classic.

As for BP2. A double disc album with a lot of great and equally a lot of meh songs. It does not play like an album. Compared to other double disc albums it isn't better than LAD or All Eyes On Me. Compared to his other albums it isn't in the top 5. The BP series gets progressively worse.

i wont agree or disagree wit the comparisons to Big and Pac ("They compare me to Big and Pac already"
pimp.gif
) but please go song for song and show me how its a "equally "great/meh songs.

the whole doesnt play like an album i can see, but then folks say vol 2 is top 5 Jay and thats false.

Back
Top Bottom