The Black Nod in Corporate America Appreciation Post

Joined Dec 29, 2006
"Domino, domino only spot a few blacks the higher I go", Jay-Z.

Not going to lie, Nod is greatly appreciated. Especially in very WASPy environments law/finance/consulting/etc.

Discuss.

Joined Sep 1, 2011
Is there an inverse to this?

Like the white guy in the NBA thumbs up or something?

Joined Feb 22, 2008
That moment when damn near all the blacks coincendently congregate in the same area, realize it, then disperse.

Joined Feb 2, 2008
Originally Posted by MonStar1

Is there an inverse to this?

Like the white guy in the NBA thumbs up or something?

Where did that gif of that kid doing the monkey at that NBA game? 

Joined Mar 28, 2004
that subtle "we out chea" nod.
you and the recipient of your kind gesture are bff's for a millisecond

Joined Jul 15, 2007
I love the nod. Although, I have come to notice that the older crowd in the cooperate world do not respond well to it.

Joined Jul 11, 2007
some of ya'll be taking advantage of the nod though. i used to cashier and black ppl always try and get in my line, after my light went off, then toss me the head nod, like its all good...

Joined Sep 28, 2005
Originally Posted by LB81986

some of ya'll be taking advantage of the nod though. i used to cashier and black ppl always try and get in my line, after my light went off, then toss me the head nod, like its all good...
you suppose to look out dunny WE ALL WE GOT!

Joined May 14, 2008
So do you guys do an up nod or a down one... Im Filipino and I do down nods to random people I make eye contact with. Up nods to people I know or I think are familiar

uncalled4boy

Supporter
Joined Oct 27, 2007
Originally Posted by LB81986

...But Nah Look Out For Me Tho We All We Got

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now