The boat accident w. the NFL players...do you think Nick Schuyler is lying about something?

Discussion in 'Sports & Training' started by doublejs07, Mar 16, 2009.

1. doublejs07

doublejs07

Details are real sketchy....I just came across this on Yahoo...

2. dmbrhs

dmbrhs

Read the survivor accounts of the sinking of the USS Indianapolis and you'll understand what goes through the mind of people who are capsized and lost atsea. Basically you go crazy. It's not uncommon for people to remove their life vest and submerge themselves because the water feels warmer. Then you drown.

3. RyGuy45

RyGuy45

Personally I dont know what to think. We havent seen many situations like this before and as we know we have no clue what state of mind he was in. It also hasnot helpd that a new version of events popped up basically every day for over a week straight. Perhaps the real truth is as they say left out at sea.....butfor the deceaseds' families I feel for them.

4. clevelandsprince23

clevelandsprince23 Banned

I just feel like they would've sticked together after the boat turned if they were all by eachother.....weird...

And I wouldn't let my boys all kill themselves....like the dude punched things and then drowned himself? and someone thought they saw land???? hahahahahahwhat kind of vision do they have they were like 30 miles off shore by no land.....

crazy.....

5. N41D

N41D

I guess I just don't understand why he would lie... What's he have to gain from it? It ain't like he killed them...

And like dmbrhs touched on, being in water like that plays SERIOUS games with your mental state...

6. doublejs07

doublejs07

I can't even imagine....but the thing that gets me is this:

7. gunna get it

gunna get it

I thought foul play at first but If u gonna plot or plan to do some foul *#!@, part of ur plan prolly isnt gonna have u sittin on top of a capsized boat withhypothermia on the brink of death
    We will never know

8. bigmike23

bigmike23

9. doublejs07

doublejs07

how about its just the familes making up BS not wanting it to sink in(no pun) that there sons went out the way they did?
    that's another way of looking at it...but why did Schuyler give different stories to the other families?

10. vctry20

vctry20

ddude shouldnt have talked because crazy +%%% will happen to people when they are out on the water for a number of days, they go nuts.

Hopefully dude is just buggin out.

11. lilstarz07

lilstarz07 Banned

how would you approach telling a family who wholeheartedly believes their son is a "fighter" that their son simply gave up on life? im not sayingthey are cowards or anything like that, but it would pain me as a parent to know that my son just gave up ... and if i were schuyler i wouldnt know what to sayeither ... i would have probably lied and said the sea was just too strong and everyone tried to hold on but one by one the other 3 lost their grip ...

12. jthagreat

jthagreat

thats what i think also.

13. ddot7

ddot7

Does it say whether those accounts in the article were what he was saying immediately after he was rescued?

I don't necessarily believe he was lying but that, like many people from all accounts that are in that situation with hypothermia, his mind was a littlewarped. He himself might not believe or truly be mentally aware of everything exactly as it happened. It doesn't make it right if he did lie about it, butit sounds like he told his friends' families something that made them to be more courageous.

If no foul play was involved, which I imagine is the case but you never know, it's tough to put Schuyler out there like that for being the lone survivor.I'm sure he's just happy to be alive, but it'll only make it more difficult for him if people are pointing fingers.

14. neondeion

neondeion

[​IMG] I sure hope not [​IMG]

15. rightguard

rightguard

WHAT A TRAGIC STORY HOPEFULLY THEY HAD A PEACEFUL DEATH. iM PRETTY SURE THE GUY WHO SURVIVED WAS IMAGINING THINGS OF WHAT HAPPENED. 2 DAYS IS A VERY LONG TIMER.I.P.

16. air max 87

air max 87

Sad part is, no one will know what happened out there , thats between those 4 men and the ocean

17. ryanbbn1

ryanbbn1

they are shark meat.

doublejs, who is that in your avatar?

18. casperjr

casperjr

i believe him

but wat if there wasnt enough life vest to go around..............

19. ddizzle

ddizzle

I'd like to believe he is telling the truth, he is probably going through some hard times now since he was the only survivor. It's sad, I can'treally see why he would lie unless he played a part in their death or something. No one will ever know other than him tho...

20. justhotkicks

justhotkicks Moderator

Truly a sad story. I have a a slight phobia of large bodies of water and drowning, and I know i'd lose my mind if I was stuck in that situation.

21. nrg1604

nrg1604

don't see why he has any reason to lie, also i would understand why there are inconsistencies in this recount of the tragedy. hypothermia aint no joke andit'll make you not think straight, doctor who treated him said it was a miracle he was alive at all.

22. dmbrhs

dmbrhs

To add to what I said earlier, I know in the Indianapolis incident, guys would remove their life vests to submerge themselves because the water felt"warmer" below, and they'd just drown. Logic goes out the window in these situations, and if you've been clinging to a boat for a coupledays, dehydrated beyond belief, and you watched your friends die, essentially, you are in no right mind to even comprehend what was going on, let alone have astraight story for everyone.

23. abernja

abernja

How do we know he's telling different stories and not just giving pieces of stories. Maybe all the different things he said did happen. Two days at sea isa long time for things to happen.

24. tru2theegame

tru2theegame

same here...

25. peteweezy

peteweezy

I know everybody wanna give boy ythe benefit of the doubt but what if dude was acting like how cats was portrayed on the Titanic. Im not saying thats whathappened but I wouldnt be surprised cause when its life or death no telling what you'll do. Most of us have saw one of those Saw movies.