The Bridge on FX....Season 2 - Jubilex

The Bridge Episode 3 “Rio” airs Wednesday July 24 2013 at 10pm on FX.

Episode Synopsis: The Bridge (FX) Episode 3 “Rio” – Sonya and Marco race to track down a prime suspect who could lead them to the lone desert survivor. Charlotte confronts an unexpected visitor determined to keep business as usual.

Link

marco hit 
pimp.gif

What is Bachir/Marco doing? I can't decide if I like him or not. He resembles a shade of the last good cops in Mexico, but that line of thinking has gotten weaker and weaker every episode for me. Lets the people through, defends his corrupt captain, is the one nice comfort to the widow, and then presumably sleeps with her.

Excited for next weeks episode. :pimp:

I'm going out on the limb and guessing the guy that she slept with is the real killer. :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

I think I'm right.

Word. **** came out of left field. You got her rambling on and saying "you remember the good things done for you" to that extent. Then im not tired and bam. :lol: seems like the writers just wanted to throw in another layer on the pile. Now a future possible arc wife finds out, delivers baby, divorces him, hounds him for cs payments for four. Marco ends up crashing at the ranch serving as lover and protector of widow whose life just hit the fan after she discontinued the agreement in place from the old lady.

Last edited:
This is a good show so far. Still waiting for it to completely hook me. I'm with this season so far with the plot and characters. To me this could either go the way of The Killing or not be The Killing.

I recorded it on my DVR, but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet. Probably get to it on Sunday. :smh:

What an amazing episode.

Ruiz smashing Charlotte is an interesting angle. One second, you'd think he's completely devoted to his family....and the next, he's now directly tied into the case seeing how Charlotte's husband had some skeletons in his closet.

*Loved the dynamic between Matthew Lillard and his co-worker in Juarez.

Last edited:
So many layers going on.

Few thoughts.

The person making the calls an old boy with the beard and trailer I don't think are the same person.

The dude ole girl smashed, he's part of this in some way. Not sure how or why.

Marco sleeping with the widow is gonna snowball into something larger.

The cartel runs all the way thru the police to the top. This smuggling of people in some way involes the cartel. Marco is gonna have some tough decisions coming up.

And is it just me or don't you hate it when people make waves that aren't needed?

The widow is some random bird that the husband saved. Now she wants to deny money from the cartel and act like she's better than all this? :smh:

Take the money, **** and mind your business.

Denying the cartel, and now creeping around w/ one of the non-corrupted policemen on the Juarez staff. The same policeman who (understandably) has fear of the cartel.

Charlotte - the widow - is so pressed to make a name for herself in that Texas community to prove to people she's more than the waitress that her husband helped to relocated from Orlando. I think her stubbornness is going to lead to an array of issues. There is a definite ignorance from the US side as far as understanding the reach of the cartels in Mexico.

Maybe there is something to Ruiz's wandering eye. His wife seemed a bit insecure when she met his partner (saying she was beautiful)....in addition, a few episodes back, she was asking about what Cross looked like when they were cuddling in bed. Ruiz also went out of his way to buy the receptionist flowers for her b-day. Dude is a player.

If you remember in the first episode when he was researching the girls of Juarez that receptionist chick at his station brought up his vasectomy.

I found that wired :nerd:

Ahhh....good call on that. Dude is probably on his 5th chance w/ his wife :lol:

Not gonna front, I was lowkey disappointed in Marco when he cheated on his wife with Charlotte.
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

He was portrayed as a character above reproach through the first few episodes then he goes and does that.

Now I'm looking at his previous actions which I thought were sweet and innocent (like getting ol' girl from the El Paso police station flowers for her birthday) like:

I like it though. It shows that even though he's one of the few good cops in Chihuahua that can't be corrupted by the cartels he still has his faults.

Not gonna front, I was lowkey disappointed in Marco when he cheated on his wife with Charlotte. :lol: :\

He was portrayed as a character above reproach through the first few episodes then he goes and does that.

Now I'm looking at his previous actions which I thought were sweet and innocent (like getting ol' girl from the El Paso police station flowers for her birthday) like:

View media item 518225

I like it though. It shows that even though he's one of the few good cops in Chihuahua that can't be corrupted by the cartels he still has his faults.

That's the way I look at it as well. However, him messing w/ Charlotte can potentially have some terrible implications due to her trying to phase out the cartel.

Interesting episode. How did the killer know Gedman was going to be the one delivering the money

Interesting episode. How did the killer know Gedman was going to be the one delivering the money

How did the killer know gedman specifically would be assigned to the case in the first place? The killer got to be pulling some background strings.

Now i want to know what shaggy found if gedmans head was with marco. Maybe his body right?

And Uncle Rico as Bob :lol:

Last edited:
For some reason, I think Detective Cooper has something to do with this as part of a two man job.

Something about the way that he said he'll wait for the ambulance and for Sonya and Hank to take off rubbed me the wrong way.

A lot of weird/creepy people in this show...the guy with the beard who is a "suspect" and the groundskeeper for the widow :lol:

its getting good

i think the groundkeeper knows a lot of info but isn't telling the widow

the guy with the beard has to be the strangest character...can't tell if he's a bad guy or not.

So Linder protects the prostitutes. Would explain why he's drawn the ire of the cartel. Also, the tunnel re-opening was the only way for Galvan to get to Ruiz. Ruiz, has good intentions, but his moral dilemmas clearly are tied into the reach of the cartel. Show is getting real good.

its getting good

i think the groundkeeper knows a lot of info but isn't telling the widow

the guy with the beard has to be the strangest character...can't tell if he's a bad guy or not.
His unique weirdness and creepiness reminds me of Gunderson from Hell on Wheels. Just don't know what to expect the way they keep,you so uneasy when around them.

Back
Top Bottom