The Bridge on FX....Season 2 - Jubilex

The bridge got renewed for a second season I love this show.

And yeah Linder is still creepy

Glad the show got renewed.

JJs, I think the mixed reviews for the show the last few weeks has to do with the way the killer was represented in the earlier episodes.

The show had us believe that the killer had this master plan to illustrate the corruption in Chihuahua and El Paso and punish those who he felt was responsible. Come to find out he went through these elaborate, convoluted methods just to get revenge on Marco for sleeping with his wife and indirectly causing the death of her and his son.

If that's the case, why kill that judge? Why poison the illegal immigrants trying to cross the border? Why kidnap that girl, tie her up and leave her to die in the desert? It doesn't add up. 

I think there's someone else involved in all of this. Hopefully these loose ends are addressed in the final two episodes.

My problem with the story is that I don't know why Hastings is more mad at Marco than the guy that ran into his wife getting drugs/on drugs. The affair is bad, but that's just as much her decision as it is his. The other guy who he made it QUICK for was actually responsible for killing her, AND was out on the road while under an influence.

It was a simple slash the neck type of deal with that guy, yet he's torturing Marco emotionally and his family physically?

Doesn't make sense.

I'm really glad it got renewed for a second season though!

Last edited:
My problem with the story is that I don't know why Hastings is more mad at Marco than the guy that ran into his wife getting drugs/on drugs. The affair is bad, but that's just as much her decision as it is his. The other guy who he made it QUICK for was actually responsible for killing her, AND was out on the road while under an influence.

It was a simple slash the neck type of deal with that guy, yet he's torturing Marco emotionally and his family physically?

Doesn't make sense.

I'm really glad it got renewed for a second season though!
It's cuz when she was leaving after that argument with him, she was heading to Marco's that night. So to Hasting's Marco is just as responsible. If he doesn't have the affair she isn't heading across the bridge in to Mexico. Maybe she's heading to some other guy she has an affair with instead or she goes to her mother's/sister's.

Haven't watched last night's episode (yet)...probably get around to it tomorrow or saturday.

In other news:

FX has renewed “The Bridge” for a second season, ordering 13 episodes of the Diane Kruger-starrer for next summer.

Link

:pimp:

Finally caught up...

The Bridge came back REAL strong w/ the last episode. I mean, it's setting up for something crazy going forward. Eva, who I just realized was in Miss Bala (great film), is going to be at the center of corrupt Juarez Police Department. Marco has nothing to lose now as he's clearly a broken man. I don't think he has any ***** to give and will be 100% on board with helping Sonya with this new case. Cartels....corrupt police...no more David Tate...should be real good.

I wonder what the storyline will be for next season. Marco is going to be obsessed with killing Tate.

I also want to know more about the history between Marco and Fausto because he said that Marco has never asked for a favor in over 20 years they must have done some fishy things.

I enjoyed this season

Last edited:
I knew he wanted to kill him, just wondered what took him so long. This is an interesting angle though.

EDIT

Oh yeah, one thing that irked me about this finale was the scene where Sonya goes to Marco's house to talk and they have a drink together. I don't know if there was multiple takes for that scene or just two and this is the editor's/director's fault but one moment the bottle has it's cover, the next it doesn't. Marco only goes to get a second serving once and he closes it after. As they talk and cut to each other's faces the bottle remains viewable and just keeps having the cover on and off :lol: :smh: :x Pissed me off once I noticed it.

Last edited:
Caught up and done with the finale...

Well, I'm happy they laid out the landscape for Season 2. Looks like it'll begin with Sonya looking for Adriana's sister, and possibly Steven Linder as well. Linder has grown on me FYI. Seems like he always has good intentions, and is actually dedicated to the things he's passionate about and girls he loves.

It was tough to watch Marco this episode. He is clearly out on an island all by himself... lonely as ****. That prayer card he keeps with a picture of his son was an awesome touch/prop to that scene.

Who the hell was that dude talking to Charlotte? :lol: Guess we won't find out until next Summer.

Cesar and Ray play off each other so well. :rofl: By the way, I've been trying to figure out where I had seen Ray before, he was one of the cops in SWAT. :lol: And Charlotte was a bit part in the old ABC show FlashForward (a show that should've stuck around :x)

Is this going to be one of those shows that gets really popular around Season 3 or 4 do you guys think? The ratings aren't fantastic or anything, but Season 1 is rarely a smash hit for any show no matter the quality.

FiOS onDemand is tripping...

Forgot to DVR the finale. Went to watch it over the weekend OD, they were only running the standard definition version...not sure why there was no HD.

Tried to wait a day for the HD version and now the episode is completely gone. :smh:

Hopefully FiOS corrects this problem soon. I'm real pissed I haven't seen the finale yet.

Great way to wrap up the season.

Ruiz is out of damns. Going up against a corrupt police force (who has ties to Galvan), and possibly using Galvan to get to Tate.

Also, the new angle w/ Mendez's sister going missing from the factory...

Season 2 should be pretty crazy.

*JPZ - I think this show will get a lot of viewers for season 2. There seems to be some pushback to the direction SOA is going, so they may get some viewers from them.

*Charlotte was also in SHowtime's "Brotherhood." Underrated, show, btw.

*What was the symbolism behind ruiz pushing the bottle of tequila off the table w/ the knife? Am I looking in to it too much?

Last edited:
The Bridge returns tonight 9pm :smile:

Sonya and Marco are back season 2 can't wait for tonight

I'm coming in to this season blind like I did the first one. Look forward to another slow burn murder mystery.

I just wonder how they're going to make it personal for the detectives this time around. I know they still have Marco wanting to kill Tate and maybe reveal more about his relationship with Fausto but maybe they do something this time around to make Sonya get all emotionally unstable.

pimp.gif

Good premiere this new lady Eleanor and guy Yovani are trouble until his death. The ear scene ouch then the hybrid electric car driving in circles with the dog. love this show.

Sonya's cheeks :pimp:

Last edited:
Good premiere :pimp:

That ear scene was so overboard I felt something like that coming given how professional and proper the lady tried to come off since the border and how edgy the guy was the whole time.

Mhhhmmmm loved me some Sonya yambs. She got no *** but I still liked the scene.

:lol: @ how she stay with the random initiation of sex. No game or innuendo. Weird she'd want to bang that guy though given his relations.

How is the guy that got his ear cut off suppose to stay quiet

It doesn't seem like he has any relations to Eleanor's organization

Slacked on the thread, everyone....my bad! That being said, I finally got around to watching the season 2 premier (last night). Wow...what an opener. The lady w/ the tats :wow: I just can't wait to see what lies ahead.

Just finished season 1 a few days ago. Overall I think it was a notch below top dogs like Breaking Bad etc but overall a very good show. Diana Kruger really grew on me and I really liked the crossover stuff with Mexico. I could do without tunnel chick and never cared for her story and thought the big bad at the end kinda sucked. Anyways the premiere for s2 was great. Franka's character is instantly more interesting than anyone is season 1. Can't wait to see where they go from here.

Poor kid just wanted some from Eleanor. I'm really liking her storyline. I knew she would kill him. She would have lured me also :lol:

Marco whopping that cop got what he deserved. Fausto just sitting there theyre corrupt in Mexico like always

"i like call of duty and p____y" lmao

Last edited:
Eleanor couldn't even let Kyle get some before she took him off the face of this Earth
Cold blooded. Is she going to go back to the house and finish off the rest of the family

Back
Top Bottom