The Catcher in the Rye appreciation

Joined Apr 17, 2008

I just finished reading this book for school and it was the first book in school that I actually had a good time reading. I related to the main character on a lot of stuff. Did anyone else feel like that when they read this?

/nerd

Joined Dec 25, 2004
Kill the Kardashians... Kill the Kardashians... Kill the Kardashians... Kill the Kardashians... Kill the Kardashians...

flocka

Banned
Joined Apr 3, 2010
at me thinking i was gonna be the first one to make a south park reference. FAIL.

Joined Jun 18, 2007
Originally Posted by newbery158

overrated
Agreed. People just like it because it's one of the only pieces of classic literature they've ever read and they can relate to the constant whining. There are much, much better books.

Joined Apr 14, 2004
Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

overrated
Agreed. People just like it because it's one of the only pieces of classic literature they've ever read and they can relate to the constant whining. There are much, much better books.
nobody is arguing that there aren't better books.

but can we have an appreciation post without negativity..for once?

Joined Nov 5, 2004
No hate, love the book but haven't read it in a quick minute. May I ask what grade you're in?

Joined Jul 30, 2009
Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

overrated
I concur.  I found the whining and aimlessness of the main character off-putting, to say the least.  And I was pretty angry when he failed to smash that prostitute

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now