The Catcher in the Rye appreciation

catcher-in-the-rye-cover.jpg

I just finished reading this book for school and it was the first book in school that I actually had a good time reading. I related to the main character on a lot of stuff. Did anyone else feel like that when they read this?

/nerd

Kill John Lennon, Kill John Lennon, Kill John Lennon............................

Kill the Kardashians... Kill the Kardashians... Kill the Kardashians... Kill the Kardashians... Kill the Kardashians...

laugh.gif
at me thinking i was gonna be the first one to make a south park reference. FAIL.

Originally Posted by newbery158

overrated

Agreed. People just like it because it's one of the only pieces of classic literature they've ever read and they can relate to the constant whining. There are much, much better books.

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

overrated

Agreed. People just like it because it's one of the only pieces of classic literature they've ever read and they can relate to the constant whining. There are much, much better books.

nobody is arguing that there aren't better books.

but can we have an appreciation post without negativity..for once?

No hate, love the book but haven't read it in a quick minute. May I ask what grade you're in?

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

overrated

I concur.  I found the whining and aimlessness of the main character off-putting, to say the least.  And I was pretty angry when he failed to smash that prostitute
laugh.gif
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom