The Cavs can't win a championship this year for the sake of the league.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by brandonb2005

airmaxpenny1 wrote:
Too bad cause they are and even poor reffing and Stern trying to fix it couldn't stop the Cavs right now. They are by FAR the best team in basketball and I don't think anyteam could even give them more than maybe a 6 game series.

I know one...the LA Lakers

I'm just saying you look at whats happend this year...the Lakers gave the Cavs their only L at home this year with LeBron. Then beat them in LA as well.

Bron might have the MVP...But Kobe is going to get the Finals MVP, adn the Chip. This guy just goes into another mode when it comes to winning. Honeslty between the two, the Lakers have the better team as of now. I will take the Lakers 4 games to 2 over the Cavs

Hows sweeping the Rockets in the regular season working out for the Lakers so far this playoffs.
laugh.gif

GOT EM'

But I do think Denver and the Lakers match up well against the Cavs. Denver has a lot of defenses that they could throw at Lebron and force the role players tobeat them. And they have no1 that could check Billups, and Birdman is a problem with changing every shot downlow.

The Lakers are similar to the Cavs but their bench isnt as strong, but just like the Cavs Kobe can take 2 or 3 by himself leaving just 1 or 2 games where therole players have to step up.

But no doubt the Cavs are the favorite (Stern's/ESPN's/ as well as talent wise) but to say no1 can beat them is a little far fetched. But they aredefinitly a no brainer coming out of the East.

Honestly, if Lebron does win the 'ship, he's bolting to NY, IMO.

I think he'll feel he did his part in bringing a title to Cleveland, and will move on.

SneakerPro wrote:
brandonb2005 wrote:
airmaxpenny1 wrote:
Too bad cause they are and even poor reffing and Stern trying to fix it couldn't stop the Cavs right now. They are by FAR the best team in basketball and I don't think anyteam could even give them more than maybe a 6 game series.

I'm just saying you look at whats happend this year...the Lakers gave the Cavs their only L at home this year with LeBron. Then beat them in LA as well.

Bron might have the MVP...But Kobe is going to get the Finals MVP, adn the Chip. This guy just goes into another mode when it comes to winning. Honeslty between the two, the Lakers have the better team as of now. I will take the Lakers 4 games to 2 over the Cavs

Hows sweeping the Rockets in the regular season working out for the Lakers so far this playoffs.
laugh.gif

Its cool to have opions but to say know one can beat them...you are way in left field being as though they struggled against the west when they were away thisyear.

Granted they took a L to the Rockets...you just cant sweep your way through the West play-offs as opposed to the Eastern conference play-offs. Asked yourselfwho really in the East can give the Cavs a series? ...The asked yourself how many teams in the West can give the Cavs a series?

But to each is own we will see soon enough, And keep in mind I said the Lakers and the Cavs...so far the Lakers had their number this season...we will see whathappens when it counts.

Oh and what I mean by "league's sake" is that I'm not a Cleveland or Lebron fan. I like Lebron but doesn't play for the Mavericks so Idon't want him winning championships.

And I want to think that my team has a chance to win a championship.

Since the Lakers broke up pretty much any decent team can become a contender with a few trades and win a chip. Boston went from sorry to chip. Hell look atDenver but I feel that if Cleveland wins one with the position they are in as far as youth and contracts they can add to an already championship caliber teamin a way in which no other team can,

Originally Posted by franchise3

Honestly, if Lebron does win the 'ship, he's bolting to NY, IMO.

I think he'll feel he did his part in bringing a title to Cleveland, and will move on.

You don't think he wants to win multiple championships?

confused.jpg

If he goes to NYC, he will basically be restarting the building process.

The Knicks have zero all-stars on their team currently, whereas LeBron has one in Mo and potentially another in Bosh or Amare.

He'd be taking steps backwards in the prime of his NBA career if he goes to NYC.

The greats have multiple titles.

Remember that.

i think by him winning one with the cavs he can say he got the city of Cleveland a title something that has been missing for years and can go to NY andbuild his legacy like he wants to. they got the cap space,money and name to do whatever he says to

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

I don't get this thread....what's best "for the sake of the league" is the best team winning.

If the Cavs really are the best team this year, they should win, the NBA's not a charity that hands out trophies to teams that still have a window of opportunity.

QFT

didn't people say LBJ would leave Cleveland if he DIDN'T win championship this year? now people are saying that he would leave if they won thechampionship? So there's no way he'd stay at Cleveland? Makes no sense to me.

Originally Posted by jay y kay

didn't people say LBJ would leave Cleveland if he DIDN'T win championship this year? now people are saying that he would leave if they won the championship? So there's no way he'd stay at Cleveland? Makes no sense to me.

exactly, its laughable at best. Apparently he is going to win a championship, but just as the team has an opportunity to improve via free agency by gettingrid of scrubs like Ben Wallace and Wally Szcerhasdfalsdasdf, he is going to leave.

The Knicks have zero all-stars on their team currently, whereas LeBron has one in Mo and potentially another in Bosh or Amare.

He'd be taking steps backwards in the prime of his NBA career if he goes to NYC.
the knicks will be adding 2 lottery picks to there team and could sign Lebron and 2 other stars.

and Mo williams is NOT a all star player every year. an

Yeah, I'm thinking along those lines as well, Mike.

If dude can bring the Knicks home a title if he ends up there, he's gonna surplant himself as an even bigger icon/player than he is now.

if that was the case, why did we get finals w/ spurs and pistons? that's when ratings went down!!! the cavs are way more exciting then any of those teams.

kind of off topic, but for the people who think that you cant build a big fan base in Cleveland, Ohio you are dead wrong. I have talked to some many"diehard" Cavs fans lately it is ridiculous. Sure most of them probably became Cavs fans because of Lebron, but their fan base is much bigger thanmost people would expect.

And no im not calling you Cleveland fans bandwagoners

Originally Posted by JDB1523

This is true if you are the Lakers, Knicks, or the Celtics. These teams have fans on a global level, the Cavs dont.

This is simply not true. LeBron is a huge hit in Asia (has been since after his second year), people in the Middle East know him, and LeBron and Drew Carey are the only reason people in Western Europe know the city of Cleveland. Not sure where you got that info...

Do you think those people in Asia know anyone else on the team besides Lebron? If Lebron walks, Cleveland goes back into the sports world dumpster. People know Lebron for Lebron, not because Cleveland is like a very diverse city with lots of lights and with alot of attraction.

They actually do know more than LeBron believe it or not, I currently live in London and talk to people about this all the time. I can't argue what yousaid about Cleveland because it's 100% true. And yes, they do know LeBron for LeBron, but when you earlier were talking about 'fans' all over theworld we're talking sports, not cities. Sure, travel the world and you'll see Yankees, Knicks, and Lakers gear all over the place, and I have, andI've stopped to ask those people who their favorite players are and they can't name one, or they just bought a shirt or hat because they've been tothe city. My point is that the Cavaliers team is being recognized all over the world, and they're doing it through LeBron and the success of the team asopposed to the 'glamour' of other cities such as NY or LA. LeBron's success on the court will far succeed any marketing scheme his endorsers comeup with, no matter what city he's playing in. Cavs Championships = LeBron's marketability

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

the knicks will be adding 2 lottery picks to there team and could sign Lebron and 2 other stars.

and Mo williams is NOT a all star player every year. an

In cleveland the Cavs will only have 17 million dollars worth of players under contract. I think they can manage a pretty good team with 40 million dollarsworth of cap room for Lebron to stay.

Another completely unrelated note but im looking at the Cavs current salaries and they have some dude named Trey Johnson on their team making like 24,000 ayear. Thats gotta be a typo.

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

Lebron is not going to New York. New York has nothing to offer Lebron other than more cash. ESPN media coverage on Bron couldnt possibly be any more.

Do you think those people in Asia know anyone else on the team besides Lebron? If Lebron walks, Cleveland goes back into the sports world dumpster. People know Lebron for Lebron, not because Cleveland is like a very diverse city with lots of lights and with alot of attraction.
so your basically saying that Lebron is going to walk from a team that won 66 games, going to have a TON of cap space, and is near his hometown to go to a team who just won thirty games and isnt sure whether they are going to retain some of their key players? Im sorry, but there is no way I would leave the situation Bron is in now to play on some whack Knicks team.

The Knicks are going to have a TON of cap space too, they will have enough for 2 Max deals and then some. Besides the luxury of a "Big Man", theKnicks have more talent than the Cavs, sorry to tell you.

laugh.gif

I think Lebron is loved more in NYC than Cleveland. Ya'll think just because he's from there he's going to stay? Like he owes something to the cityof Cleveland.

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Lebron is not going to New York. New York has nothing to offer Lebron other than more cash. ESPN media coverage on Bron couldnt possibly be any more.

so your basically saying that Lebron is going to walk from a team that won 66 games, going to have a TON of cap space, and is near his hometown to go to a team who just won thirty games and isnt sure whether they are going to retain some of their key players? Im sorry, but there is no way I would leave the situation Bron is in now to play on some whack Knicks team.

The Knicks are going to have a TON of cap space too, they will have enough for 2 Max deals and then some. Besides the luxury of a "Big Man", the Knicks have more talent than the Cavs, sorry to tell you.

laugh.gif

I think Lebron is loved more in NYC than Cleveland. Ya'll think just because he's from there he's going to stay? Like he owes something to the city of Cleveland.

there's a lot of dumb stuff in this thread but this line might take the cake. i dont even need to explain why, so i wont.

As a Knicks fan I have conceded the idea of getting LeBron. No way he leaves, I think I underrated dudes passion, once he wins ne in Cleveland he is going towant to build a dynasty and will remain.

Originally Posted by brandonb2005

airmaxpenny1 wrote:

laugh.gif

Right. And that other mode didn't exactly do him much good in the Finals last year.

The Knicks are going to have a TON of cap space too, they will have enough for 2 Max deals and then some. Besides the luxury of a "Big Man", the Knicks have more talent than the Cavs, sorry to tell you.

laugh.gif

I think Lebron is loved more in NYC than Cleveland. Ya'll think just because he's from there he's going to stay? Like he owes something to the city of Cleveland.

What does NY have that you can call 'talent' besides Lee and maybe Galinari? and what makes you think he's going to leave then?besides that NY team is a trainwreck and needs a savior as fast as possible?

laugh.gif

currently yes you will have as much cap room as the Cavs come 2010, BUT you have a slight problem. Nate Robinson and David Lee are not under contract past2009-2010, which means you will you will have literally no talent to attract Lebron other than Gallinari (who has terrible back problems) and Wilson Chandler. I hate to tell you but you but eventually you will have to make a choice, resign Nate and Lee and have just enough to sign Lebron, or dont resign either andhave little talent to attract Lebron. Cleveland has an advantage because Mo Williams is under contract until like 2012 AND they have the Bird rights forLebron so they can go over the cap to re-sign Lebron after they have sign 2-3 solid players.

once again, no one has actually provided a solid reason as to why Lebron would leave a 66 win team for a 30 win team.....

You have to understand that Bron wants to be a billionaire. Going to the huge NY market helps him with those goals. If he wins a championship (maybe 2) I cansee him feeling he's done his part and want to move on and try to be a 'savior' somewhere else, while he's still in his prime.

I mean, we'll see how it all shakes out, but say the Knicks can land a Bosh and a Lebron, that wouldn't be tempting?

Originally Posted by franchise3

You have to understand that Bron wants to be a billionaire. Going to the huge NY market helps him with those goals. If he wins a championship (maybe 2) I can see him feeling he's done his part and want to move on and try to be a 'savior' somewhere else, while he's still in his prime.

I mean, we'll see how it all shakes out, but say the Knicks can land a Bosh and a Lebron, that wouldn't be tempting?
say the Cavs land Bosh. Wouldnt Mo Williams, Bosh, extra cap room, and a Lebron James be more tempting. If Bron wins like 5-6 championships inCleveland he will make his damn money, thats a guarantee. Contract wise he probably wont make more money in New York, so that leaves endorsements. Endorsements will come regardless for Lebron whether he is in Cleveland or whether he is in NY. If the dude is the face of the league and doesnt mess up hisimage there is no way that he wont get that money regardless.

I hate the Lakers but for the sake of the league I need them to win the championship. Because if the Cleveland Lebrons win its not going to be competitive in the NBA for the next three or four 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom