The Chi [ A Showtime Original Series | Sundays @ 10 | Season 3 ]

I can't even blame Emmett.

Also it's inevitable that Brandon ends up helping Emmett with the chicken spot

Dude sounds like he's dying at all times.

lmfao, i didn't realize he really sounds like he needs a lozenge in real life until i heard him on npr, i also didn't know he was ugandan & is one helllllll of a photographer with a lot of published work... but about the show, i've been hearing a few people say how they don't like this season & it's slower. i think the dynamic is changed & might from season to season, season 1 focused on the neighborhood, what a murder does to the respective parties involved & the neighborhood as a whole. season 2 seems to be focusing more on the legal system, it's flaws, how war effects our troops when they have to return to those same impoverished situations they were recruited from, also mentally what it does to you & the ramifications from that. also how gentrification affects us in these same communities, i wouldn't be surprised that the attack was set up by the people trying to evict because ms. ethel was ignoring them.

My only gripe with the show...

I wish all the scenes with the kids were a little more darker/serious. the playful music makes it too kiddy

Wish it was more Wire esque

I wish all the scenes with the kids were a little more darker/serious. the playful music makes it too kiddy

we've been down that road before tho, if it was done that way then she'd be accused of trying to be like the wire, lol...

I like Maisha's character. Kevin is a good guy, couldn't be me. I was vain at that age.

She reminds me of all the thorough but basic joints I passed on back in the day.

I can't be mad at Emmett for clapping Tiffs cheeks again. You can tell that they both still love each other, but there's something else going on that we haven't been exposed to.

Like that the female detective has narrowed the assault on grandma down to the white woman trying to buy up the block. Really want to see how that story plays out. One thing I liked about the female detectives scene from this episode is that they showed how hard it is to get people to work with the police. She's out there trying to fight for a community that she loves, but most of the people in that community scared to talk to her just because she works for the law.

I didn't grow up in Chicago, but I did grow up in hood and I like the direction she's taking with the kids. Instead of making everybody look like demonic lil future gang members/drug dealers etc... she's branching all 3 kids out into different roles.

I can't be mad at Emmett for clapping Tiffs cheeks again. You can tell that they both still love each other, but there's something else going on that we haven't been exposed to.

Like that the female detective has narrowed the assault on grandma down to the white woman trying to buy up the block. Really want to see how that story plays out. One thing I liked about the female detectives scene from this episode is that they showed how hard it is to get people to work with the police. She's out there trying to fight for a community that she loves, but most of the people in that community scared to talk to her just because she works for the law.

It's not the only reason. If you speak to the cops, what happens when the gangs find out?

They could have heard what she had to say though. An entire neighborhood being scared to talk to her just sounds crazy. Then again, like I said in the post above, I'm not from Chicago so I can't really speak on how Chicago operates.

I'm not a big fan of Lena Waithe, I find her less than Authentic for some reason.

....but that Dialogue between Ronnie and the Lawyer was pretty damn good.

Episode was cooking TBH.

9C1F1886-263C-424A-96C7-B5CF72134EE6.gif

630FBE5C-CF2E-4F47-9D8A-E501DC001916.gif

258CA600-CE56-4202-9355-D937A32D8CE1.gif

Ready for Episode 6!!!!!

like he said...one step forward, sidebar: has anyone watched ahead of the current episodes, i hear it's online somewhere? (i haven't) ...

I have. :nerd:
Waiting on E6 which will be 5/12 i believe.....:lol:

That's the downside of binge watching...:smh::sick::angry::frown:

PO

Back
Top Bottom