THE CLEVELAND BROWNS THREAD

Interesting to hear management knew about this before last night. Didn't stray away from their plan at all.

josh gordon :smh: this fool was JUST on sportscenter this morning.

dont really root for any football team, but i liked what the browns did in the draft. hope josh doesn't get the hammer dropped on him

i feel like this team is going to very loosely mimic the jets the first couple of years rex was there. got to the conference championship just on a running game, defense, and sanchez being effective in play action but not having to do too much in his rookie year. drafting o lineman, another RB, and defense. not saying the browns will have that type of success, but no one has a real strangle on this division imo

Josh Gordon no longer deserves to be on this team, how will his teammates look at him in the locker room if he comes back next year. Nobody wants to play with somebody that selfish. **** him. Can't believe we passed on Watkins knowing Josh Gordon was suspended again that blows my mind. WR1 is a far bigger need than CB2.

After this news, if management really knew before Thursday, the only pick I like now is the Manziel pick. We STILL haven't picked a WR like wtf. Our best WR is GREG LITTLE.

Everyone needs to relax.

The Browns obviously know something we don't.

There is NO WAY they would've made that trade with the Bills if they knew their #1 WR would be gone.

Also them not drafting a WR yet is just unreal if it's true.

I know we're Cleveland but we're not that dumb.

Gordon was on ESPN yesterday.

You really think they would let him go on air representing the Browns if they knew he was done?

No chance.

Flights to Cleveland are like 350 :frown:

Dude if that's round trip; that's cheap! RT airfare from here to Cali for next month are 700.

And let me just quickly state my opinion on this whole Gordon thing:

I am not worried. Like I stated in the draft thread, you really don't need an elite WR to make it in this league. You can actually win and still make your QB look good with just slightly above average receivers.

Gordon had a record breaking season last year. Did that amount to success? For him; yes. For the team? No.

Look at Seattle's WR corp. None of those receivers that won the Super Bowl were actually a first round pick. So if you have depth and a couple above average receivers, you're going to be fine if you're Manziel.

I believe we'll be fine this year. I really do. Playoffs are very possible.

Last edited:
Dude if that's round trip; that's cheap! RT airfare from here to Cali for next month are 700.

And let me just quickly state my opinion on this whole Gordon thing:

I am not worried. Like I stated in the draft thread, you really don't need an elite WR to make it in this league. You can actually win and still make your QB look good with just slightly above average receivers.

Gordon had a record breaking season last year. Did that amount to success? For him; yes. For the team? No.

Look at Seattle's WR corp. None of those receivers that won the Super Bowl were actually a first round pick. So if you have depth and a couple above average receivers, you're going to be fine if you're Manziel.

I believe we'll be fine this year. I really do. Playoffs are very possible.

While I agree you don't an elite WR...I'm not thrilled about Greg Little being our #1.

I still think we're at least a year away from the playoffs...which is why I think the Browns stuck to their board even knowing about Gordon.

Yup, they did stick to their board and that's definitely a good thing.

While just looking at the AFC North, I can honestly say the Browns have had the biggest improvement this far this off season.

strong running game, strong defense, SOLID TE. you don't have to have the most explosive receivers, especially if the offense will be based off of play action.

Local Cleveland writers and bloggers have been saying they don't expect JG to be gone all season

don't know if that's opinions or if there's any substance to it.

what about Holmes or Austin? Ocho Cinco? :lol:

Cant wait to cop that away Manziel jersey, I will for sure be in this thread from now on #Wokeupabrownsfan

Yeah 4 of my friends have already copped the Manziel jersey :lol: - I'll be waiting for next season though, I want that new joint :nthat:...

...and I'm goona lay this out now; if Josh Gordon is indeed suspended for the whole year - I'm going to accept the fact that he'll never play another down in the NFL ever again. Free time such as a year off the field for someone like Gordon isn't a good thing; given his past.

I mean, I hope I'm wrong but that's my assumption. He ran from college to college for the same problem because he really didn't learn his lesson. I don't see what's stopping him after this.

If it's 4-6 games, than we're good bread. If it's a year ban - forget about him ever playing another NFL game again..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom