The College Basketball Post

woody2626 woody2626 any word on lively on Monday?

staff was surprised of the move up but not scared by it. He doesn’t like speaking with the media and has played it pretty tight. Duke has been on the kid before his climb. Nothing definite and at this time they aren’t sure what will happen. Those usually don’t turn out in our favor but it’s UK/Duke. The family loves Scheyer so we’ll see what happens. I’ll post again sometime Sunday with updates

staff was surprised of the move up but not scared by it. He doesn’t like speaking with the media and has played it pretty tight. Duke has been on the kid before his climb. Nothing definite and at this time they aren’t sure what will happen. Those usually don’t turn out in our favor but it’s UK/Duke. The family loves Scheyer so we’ll see what happens. I’ll post again sometime Sunday with updates

cool cool. Wasn’t he supposed to have a visit coming up too?

Damn really? Wasn’t really expecting it from everything I been seeing online

Nothing is final in recruiting until it happens but all things point to Duke tomorrow even on the UK side. They’re going in to see Bona who was their other target and it appears UCLA has made up ground there.

Staff will look to close on Mark Mitchell and JJ Starling next. Starling probably the likeliest to announce first. They’ll shift to 2023 after where Mgbako is the target to watch for announcing in the fall.

Memphis seems to be making a real run at Dillingham

Crazy how people thought recruiting would take a hit. Scheyer been that dude and it helps he has young staff. I’m sure it helps with the connection and of course the GOAT to seal the deal in his back pocket isn’t a bad thing

I need to know what Scheyer’s X & O’s game is like tho. All this talent won’t mean **** if he can’t coach.

And it’s a sad day seeing my guy JJ finally hang ‘em up. I’m biased AF but, of recent memory, I can’t think of another player with a college legacy + lengthy professional career comparable to his.

I need to know what Scheyer’s X & O’s game is like tho. All this talent won’t mean **** if he can’t coach.

And it’s a sad day seeing my guy JJ finally hang ‘em up. I’m biased AF but, of recent memory, I can’t think of another player with a college legacy + lengthy professional career comparable to his.

i know him not being able to see his family really during the season with Covid played a big part as well as the injury. Didn’t know his Achilles was as bad off as he said on the podcast.

63B80E46-C1BC-4EF4-8506-67FB39253296.png

Hello friends,

I'm on the lookout for someone who might be interested in an opportunity working in a research capacity for CBB this season. The team I'm a part of has fallen a little short on help due to some circumstances (aka covid).

So..
If you are knowledgeable and passionate about:
a) CBB - aware and understand analytics - know how to utilize kenpom, barttorvik, synergy - among others
b) sports betting (this is the least important while starting out)
c) research - most important - reading articles, emailing writers, visiting team message boards, listening to podcasts, actually watching games, using twitter as a resource
d) don't need to be a math wiz but it doesn't hurt. At least know your way around a google/excel sheet.
e) need to be committed - it's not a glamorous 7 month stretch and likely will eat into most of your weekends and evenings.

Can send me a PM here -- I won't be the one doing any hiring, just looking for a potential good fit. Likely a part-time/1099 position that could turn into something more (sorry, couldn't tell you about potential hours or pay right now).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom