The Combat Jack Show Thread

I think some of y'all overrate Tax, he was popular but he wasn't as popular as some of you think. He wasn't big outside of Hip Hop. His reach wasn't what some of y'all think it was.

He had some good **** going on but some people were getting tired of his podcast and his repetitive antics.

Joe and Tax got nothing to do with each other's pod's or success.

What Tax really did was open things up for hood dudes who didn't feel like they had an entry to podcasting that they could relate to. Podcasting was all white men for like the first 5 years as it grew. Tax introduced podcasts and podcasting to a lot of people in the hood who never knew or never had a desire to get into it.

So in a sense he was pretty popular and had a huge impact, but I also feel like his potential was limited because of that.

I think some of y'all overrate Tax, he was popular but he wasn't as popular as some of you think. He wasn't big outside of Hip Hop. His reach wasn't what some of y'all think it was.

He had some good **** going on but some people were getting tired of his podcast and his repetitive antics.

Joe and Tax got nothing to do with each other's pod's or success.

I think it's whatever got you in to podcast that put on pedestals. Be it Charlamagne. Desus and Mero or Tax. I notice a lot of chicks did it with The Read, because that was probably the first big urban one for females.

Charlamagne has also helped podcast a lot, because he always promoted the format and encouraged people to do it. Radio used to look down on podcast. Envy has even had his pod for a couple of years and Yee brought her Sirius format to a pod.

Has Taxs sentencing date been announced?

Nah not yet. All we know is that he copped out to the 2 gun charges that the Feds indicted him on interstate commerce of a firearm and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon). Both of those carry a max of 10 years, so if they hit him with the max of both (which isn’t unlikely due to his prior convictions), he’s looking at 10 years if they stack the sentences together and 20 if they run them consecutively. But he’s still got the murder charge pending in NY State court.

He’s been sitting for 2.5 years and if I remember correctly, the guilty plea that he entered with the feds specifically mentioned that the gun he was in possession of was in fact the murder weapon used to kill Banga. I’d be surprised if they don’t send him for the long walk at this point.

3-Bad-tramp-stamp-tattoo.jpg

It's not so black and white, but I doubt Tax had the same vision as Joe to move things forward.

Hell no, that's why Tax is where he's at now. Tax wasn't super popular but he was gaining traction. He had a core base, which is most important and he had he was plugged in. The interviews he got, people f'ed with him. He couldn't let go of the dumb **** and got caught up before he could really shine.

We'll Name This Live Later (EP. 1?) ft. Savon, Mandii B (IG @fullcourtpumps), & @carlawilmaris

9 minutes in, seems like the audio could be bad and this could be some corny relationship talk ****. Interested in where he tries to go with this though.

Gon be similar to the podcast with different people. Same style of humor, different people

I might go back to listen to the live but the audio is a bit junky and I didn't feel like powering through it

I might be interested in this, I haven’t listened to the podcast in months
If they keep those two girls on the dot it'll be similar to got it was with Marissa.

Similar content with the podcast with included thot babble

Back
Top Bottom