The Damn Good/Alternate Design Thread

b1lly hoyle

Banned
There's not enough threads in here devoted to current shoes from other brands that just look good.

No matter the brand...let's appreciate what the others out there are doing in the design world by posting up whatever it is that catches your eye.

What else are you guys feelin right now?

To start...

Brooks F2:
40018931_z.jpg

Pony Trifecta:

Y-3
294386024.jpg

Creative Rec Ponti:
3279-543391-p.jpg

Oh Wow...The Pony Trifectas look great....

The Y-3's are pretty interesting too---I've always wondered why adidas will step out with their Y-3 collabos, yet man of their other hoops, running,and classic designs all take on the same "look".

As for Creative Recreation, I really like their designs, but they're not available in stores around here, and I've heard quality isn't that great. From a casual standpoint, I'm much more excited about Clae. Yeah, they're substantially more expensive, but quality is off the charts, and they gowith almost anything. I'll be picking up a pair or two this year hopefully.

clae-footwear-russell-fall-5.jpg

claeparker.jpg

I really dig the K1X Meet the Parents as well...
tongue.gif

k1x_350266700_1m.jpg

Reebok Float:

58-038b.jpg

I'll have to add more hoops, runner, and even more casual stuff later.

hey guys, i like this thread! I always wanted to talk about the different things I saw but was too chicken. thanks! Those Ponys are nice, I saw another oneCity Wings Mid or something, I guess it's a new performance basketball shoe. All I know is I liked it. I'm glad they're coming to erase my memoryof the Snoopadoopas. And I drool over the Clae's whenever I see em, but no....no. Stay away!

"Match Race" italian made "technical" mid-cut boat shoes by SLAM. I guess it's a shoe for competitive sailors and fishermen. Hightraction, great comfort is what I'd expect. Clean look too I have to say. Knowing me, I'd try em on some basketball court. Will not buy at retailthough. Eventually one of the dealers will crack...
smile.gif

slm516771_2.jpg

"Vortex" by Harken. Similar to the SLAM shoe. Mesh/leather/drainage ports in the sole/stretch mesh gusseted tounge/high traction siped sole.Interested in trying these, but I'll wait for the stores to mark them down some more. Sorry! :laugh
harken%20menshoes.jpg

"Fast Canyon" by Mion. These ain't got no alibi, but the tech with the kevlar cables stabilizing the foot on top of a moldable footbed justpulled me in like the weak man i am.
frown.gif
I will be getting the fast canyon 2 when they come out.
mionf192522_110719_jb.jpg

Lowa AL-X 88 Mid and AL-X 66 Low. Eventually Lowa will get my money. The specs on these look right up my alley. Suede/mesh with gore-tex. The mids are muchmuch lighter than a typical hiker (about 15 oz each) but very durable because of the way they are constructed with rubber basically cupping the entire shoe. Sothey seem good for someone like me with a bad habit of destroying shoes but doesn't want to lose agility/speed by going heavy. Another closeout/ebayspecial for sure.
6901-362181-3.jpg

7954-362182-p.jpg

^ yes! just the guy I was looking for!

I remember your WDYW posts where you wore nothing but cool alternate branded stuff.

Tell me though -- there's no way I'm reading that right...is that a SLAM Magazine boat shoe? Or just a brand of the same name?

I was in Europe over the summer in Kiel, Germany and stumbled upon these at a corner store...always thought they looked sweet.

I believe SLAM is a sailing accessories company or something to that effect; not SLAM magazine or anything like that. Not positive, but I remember seeing itsomewhere else.

Nice post guys. Those are some interesting shoes. I can definately apprecite when the 'little guys" bring something different to the table, but Nick,the Brooks F2, really!? What draws you to that shoe?

^ first off...I only took a pic of that shoe in Kiel cause it reminded me of the Quickening....
laugh.gif

And that F2...something about the stitch patterning on the gold overlay and the way it comes to a point is a nice touch, as well as the details along the blacklayer.

JB -- Totally forgot about getting the blue/white/green Clae Russell...they've been on my list for the longest....on the hunt now!

About 8 years ago I bought an amazing pair of casual shoes at a store in Santa Barbara called True Grit. They were black with just one huge velcro strap. Theywere low tops. I loved them! I lost one of the shoes one drunken night out. No idea how.

Anyway, they were branded "NYLA". I have since searched online for the brand and found them. The problem is now they only make chick shoes...if thisis the same brand GRRRR! Anyone ever hear of this brand?

Window- Nice to see you back man...I really liked that pair of tecnica escapes you had...

B.-Those are cool. The outsole looks very interesting.

Those Fast Canyon's are butter. I took a peek at their site, and everything looks extremely intriguing for someone interested in doing things off of thebeaten path. I'll definitely be trying to grab these down the line.

3 of my friends work at a boathouse, and rock alot of nautical-themed gear. 2 of them wear the Vortex actually...they look very functional

Here's some more stuff-

great post! let's keep 'em coming! there's so much good stuff out there that most people never even see or hear about.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Are these available???
Two colorways are on zappos: plain black & plain white. I like the version pictured here much more. Anybody know all the colors that will bereleased?

Really like the Trifectas. I also like the Clae Blakeys (not pictured in this thread).

EDIT: Those looking for more Trifecta colorways should hit upEastbay! There are a total of five colorways available there, including the one everyone seemed to like.

005102_z.jpg

great post indeed!

those trifectas are very nice. I dont remember where I saw them, but when I did i knew I wanted to get them. here are some other shoes I've eitherpurchased or want to purchase.
pTBL-4442401dt.jpg

pTBL-4399548dt.jpg

ecco 2nd nature
17904-51741-z.jpg

ecco urban sneaker tie
37114-54437-z.jpg

again, i love all of these shoes. Ecco seems to fit my foot the best. some of the other shoes in other posts i need to try.

these are ILL!!! what/who are these?

I dont wanna sound like a hypebeast, but I really love the look of the Ato Matsumoto cow hide boots..the silver joints in particular....Granted Kanye wearingthem DID bring them to my attention, but thats not why I like them. I just like the clean yet "chunky" look of them
ato-cow-hide-boots-silver-1.jpg

I like alot of JB Classics stuff due to the colors and materials used..specifically the Peddlers

jb-classics-kidrobot-tilt.jpg

I've been dyin for a pair of Greedy Genius Cool Breeze in all black, but I can never pull the trigger on the $120 price tag.
greedy_genius_booth_02.jpg

Rockport iTravel Rogue Agent (pic from ebay):
001gf9.jpg

I bought a pair of Rockport Astride shoes recently and I really like the feel - the insole has an air packet that makes it really comfortable; I wonder ifthese do too...

Back
Top Bottom