THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

When Batman had defeated Bane and he dropped, something along the lines of, fix the bomb, Gotham is saved, "Then, you have my permission to die."
I thought:
MY MAN
48376_o.gif

:pimp:
Batman is the GOAT superhero.

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: !!!!!!

funny how ol girl want to kill batman/ bruce wayne, but still gave up them yambs. like ' yea i hate you, you killed my dad, i must get revenge, but first come clap deez cheeks'

advantage batman lol

i guess this throws out all the conspiracies that 2face didn't die at the end of TDK since they 'didnt actually show him die'

13428750645f1abda2ff.jpg

Last edited:
Movie was everything I'd hoped it would be. Seeing it in IMAX was great, the ending was really good too, left a lot of things open ended. Gah, I loved the series so much. I'm sure no comic book trilogy in my lifetime will be able to accomplish what Nolan did.

He would have probably taken scarecrow's place at the court

It would have been a completely different movie. Nolan said his plan was to have Joker be the main villain in he final film too. After Heath died he changed his plans because he would not recast the role.

Some of you need to see the movie twice to really appreciate how great it was and a lot of you missed the part when they did explain why Bane wears the mask. I still think TDK was the best one out of them but this is the GREATEST trilogy of all time. Idc idc idc. The only thing I didn't like was Bane's voice dub on certain parts and the way he died. Other than that, I'm satisfied. The more you think about it, the more you realize how great this movie was tho. I didn't know the way Bruce went out was tied in with the comic, I never got that far so now I really appreciate it. :smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin

So Epic. Bane was a beast in the sewer fight. Straight up whooped his *** :x

and his voice and diction was on point. "Now is not the time for fear, that will be later" as he is destroying a plane. :pimp:

Man it was just so epic.. they wrapped it up so nicely.. Alfred/Bruce's moment was great. Didn't like the 'Robin' namedrop, thought that was a bit corny.. but overall, it was exactly what a theater movie experience should be, especially in the Summer time. Loved it, just hate that it's over. Bittersweet but more than satisfying.

what about the bane that was extremely frail and used the venom to pump himself up to become huge? Are there two different versions of bane??:nerd:

That was in Batman & Robin. Bane was ALWAYS big. In the comics, the Venom made him BIGGER and STRONGER than he already was

Just got done seeing it in IMAX and all I can say is WOW :nthat:

This movie exceeded my expectations and I honestly thought it wouldn't surpass TDK.

Also I LOVED how Anne Hathaway played Selina Kyle IMHO she beat Michelle Phifer's Catwoman in Burton's Batman Return's

Tom Hardy was the perfect person to play Bane but c'mon now I don't get how reviews in the media are beasting his performance saying dude is the new Marlon Brando for this generation :lol: :smh:

I'm defitnely going to see this at least 2 more times in IMAX.

Last edited:
Mr. J

I think they're talking about Tom Hardy's overall Versatility in the roles that he chooses and plays

It is what it is fam, you didnt like it and you were let down...why wait for the hype to go down so more people can agree with you, just accept youre in the minority.
It happens, sometimes a movie or series just doesnt do it for whatever reason...to this day i dont like Avater, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Twilight etc but i look at it like eh, it wasnt for me.
You sound a bit aggy that so many people enjoyed and are praising it, its not that serious.

Yeah I agree.

A movie I'll use as an example is The Matrix.

I know I'm going to need a flame suit and NT'ers are going to stone face me for saying this but I honestly thought the movie and that trilogy was straight GARBAGE and in fact me and my girl at the time walked out of the theater 45 minutes into the flick.

Second Matrix flick I only went to see it in the theater because a homie dragged me to see it and paid for my ticket. I ended up sleeping through that even worse flick.

Last edited:
Tom Hardy was the perfect person to play Bane but c'mon now I don't get how reviews in the media are beasting his performance saying dude is the new Marlon Brando for this generation
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Are yourself old enough to appreciate Marlo Brando's work to make that differentiation? They are referring to "method-acting", there are only a few greats that can achieve success in this. Ledger had to take antipsychotics after his role as the joker, Not only was Hardy mentally prepared he's 5'8" and packed on 30-40 pounds of muscle for the role.

When Bats told Bane " i cameback to stop you.." or something like that i thought it was really weak like thats all you can come up with?

OG prologue>Final prologue, Nolan shouldn't have listen to the fans, bane's voice was horrible in that scene

BTW both Bats/Bane fight scene are on youtube
pimp.gif

Just got done seeing it in IMAX and all I can say is WOW :nthat:
This movie exceeded my expectations and I honestly thought it wouldn't surpass TDK.
Also I LOVED how Anne Hathaway played Selina Kyle IMHO she beat Michelle Phifer's Catwoman in Burton's Batman Return's
Tom Hardy was the perfect person to play Bane but c'mon now I don't get how reviews in the media are beasting his performance saying dude is the new Marlon Brando for this generation :lol: :smh:
I'm defitnely going to see this at least 2 more times in IMAX.

You gotta watch Bronson to fully appreciate how good an actor Tom Hardy is.

Just got back from seeing it in IMAX.. I am a satified customer and this movie is DOPE AS HELL!!
eek.gif
pimp.gif

BANE IS A BEAST (Tom Hardy) this dude gave you so much emotion and feeling with just his eyes, The fight scene was straight PIFF!!!!! I am satified with the ending also. A lot of avenues to possibly be taken with it. Hopefully they cash out for Nolan to do one more. To me (my opinion) Bane was on the level of the Joker as a Villian cuz the ending result of his plan was the destruction of gotham, which was the Jokers too but Bane had a Plan and stayed the course to where as Jokers was simply to F' stuff up in any way shape or form. 

Banes Voice was cool with me, I understood 98% of what he was saying, there were like 2 instances that I was like "HUH" but other than that I heard his every word.

Anne, when did you get so fine, I never looked at her like that but in this movie I was like ohh wee 
devil.gif
, and the backshot the camera got when she was on the bat bike (what else do I call it lol) was great. 
happy.gif
happy.gif

The other chick, was it Miranda.. Man from the first time she was on camera I was like this broad is Bad!!

Will be seeing it again Tuesday to re-digest what I experienced.

9.5/10 Hell 10/10 for me

Unbelievable. 10/10

This movie was amazing.

I went to the midnight premier and despite being a little tired at no point did I feel bored or want it to end. Actually I wouldn't have minded an extra 30-45 minutes of the movie.

Action/Plot/Characters were all awesome, especially Bane.

I think is voice was incredibly well done, Tom Hardy played an excellent villain, I actually wished that Bane had more dialogue and screen time.
I'm going to see this again without a doubt.

The way Bane died was too easy/quick

Last edited:
Unbelievable. 10/10
This movie was amazing.
I went to the midnight premier and despite being a little tired at no point did I feel bored or want it to end. Actually I wouldn't have minded an extra 30-45 minutes of the movie.
Action/Plot/Characters were all awesome, especially Bane.
I think is voice was incredibly well done, Tom Hardy played an excellent villain, I actually wished that Bane had more dialogue and screen time.
I'm going to see this again without a doubt.
The way Bane died was too easy/quick
I actually like how his voice sounded too (no romo) it was real powerful it symbolized his power over (everyone to me at least)

Didnt like it the last movie was better.... although Bane was a dope villain

I dont like the fact that the Batman didnt kill the villain with this being the Last Movie!! come on ! I was expecting Batman to take out Banes mask then kill him something epic not with catwoman barging in and shooting him. The ending w the bomb reminded of the scene from ANGELS & DEMONS.

I enjoyed the film...I knew Joseph Gordon-Levitt was going to be a major character...Had that feeling.

I chuckled at the beginning of the movie when I saw Lord Baelish (Game of Thrones) at the beginning of the film and the dude from Reno 911 as the doctor...No one can take that guy seriously.

Great movie.

I felt like Bane wasn't given enough of the spotlight like the Joker did in TDK. But like dude said previously Bane did have the swag of 100 lions. "What a lovely voice"

Back
Top Bottom