THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

just seen it was really good and everything i expected 

BaneGod 
smokin.gif

Just saw it a second time and still amazed. The last hour is so epic.

Wouldn't mind seeing Anne and Marion for a third time either :evil:

I thought it was 5 days between his escape and when he got back to Gotham.

In any case, hes Batman, I dont think its as big of a plot hole as people make it seem.

While I thoroughly enjoyed Bane and Catwoman aside from their roles I feel as though this was the weakest of all 3 films, just felt rushed and very unoriginal compared to the other two. If you follow batman in the comics or had even played that batman arkham city game then you already knew what was going to happen less than halfway into the movie. Like someone said earlier the whole feel for gotham in this film was completely different from the previous two, shoot in that night time chase it you could clearly tell by the buildings that it was being filmed LA and not Chicago(Gotham).

Loved the movie.  Thought the ending was near perfect, but some things I thought would've sent it over the top....
-Revealing Thalia to not be dead, but pregnant with Bruce's son

-Not blatantly calling Jonh Blake, Robin. His name should've been like Richard Blake, and then reveal his whole name to be Richard Blake Grayson aka **** Grayson

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but before they cut to the prison scene they had like 5 days before the explosion, then right before they showed batman's return he only had a couple hours till the explosion. Lastly, Tate's death was god awful. I had to chuckle at that scene
I thought it was a couple of days too but I have to watch it again to make sure.

And yeah, Tate death was laughable. I thought it was a gag reel for a second there.
I had to overlook that for the sake of the movie.  They might as well have just went on while she was talking.  Aside from a few small things, the movie was great.  I definitely see what you guys mean by the slow-pace, but it didn't bother me much and you don't even realize it until the movie ends.  I'd give it an 8/10.  Solid movie to wrap up the trilogy...

Don't mind the changes in Nolan's villains...but wth was he thinking w/my beloved Talia
mad.gif
  what a waste of character

Character and actor wise I thought Joseph Gordon-Levitt performance as Blake was the weakest.

I really think if Anne Hathaway's and Tom Hardy's performance as Selina Kyle & Bane weren't on point the movie would have been a big disappointment.

From the plot twists, to the panoramic views, to the sick effects and characters.....I have decided to call this my GOAT. It surpassed Training Day, Radio and The Dark Knight. So ******g sick. I will be seeing it again :pimp:

Anne Hathaway was sexy as hell. So was Marion Cotillard.

With all the praise Hardy and Ledger have gotten for their roles as villains, Cillian Murphy did a great job as Scarecrow in Batman Begins.

Eh, maybe I need to go back and watch it because it's been a while but he wasn't all that great to me.

Along with others, I really hated how Miranda Tate goes out. I also didn't like how Bane went out. I kind of wanted a final battle between him and Batman as what happened was somewhat anti-climatic. Overall, I enjoyed the movie and liked how it concluded. My only gripe is that now I want another Nolan Batman movie. Plus, I'd like to see his portrayal of some other villains.

And on another note, I really wish Scarecrow played a larger role in this trilogy especially since Dr. Crane was in all 3 movies in some fashion. I feel like Scarecrow never got a chance to wreck any havoc. In BB, he just gets tazed and rides away of the horse and that was pretty much the end of Scarecrow. Him in the beginning of TDK was really more of a cameo.

Hardy did a good job as Bane, but I think hes getting a little TOO much praise for his performance. I mean, you coudnt even see the guy's facial expressions because of his mask, and facial expressions is a huge part of an actor's performance.

Hands down Ledger as the Joker is one of the greatest movie villains of all time.

Him getting back into the city wasn't a stretch for me. He's Batman. Gotham is HIS city.

And to who ever said that Bruce would be noticed if he was alive and going to france or where ever
He went around the world without being noticed in BB. He was gone for like 5-10 years.

Can't wait to see it again. Everyone's performances are the reasons I'm going to see it again. That one Bane scene... "Where's BANE?!" "Speak the devil's name and he shall appear..." Just cold. Just wow.

TDK and TDKR had the best opening scenes to a movie EVER!!!!!

I like the way Nolan gets straight into the action

^ Thank you sir!!

I gotta go back and replay Arkham City now.

If I wanted to get into the Batman comics, are those story arcs a good place to start?

^ Thank you sir!!
I gotta go back and replay Arkham City now.
If I wanted to get into the Batman comics, are those story arcs a good place to start?

I would say the new 52 Batman stuff is a good point to start on. The Count of Owls stuff is pretty good but for a general history on Batman yea, Year One, The Long Halloween, Knightfall are great reads.

Sidenote.. At the trilogy marathon, everyone was amped and cheering anytime the Joker did anything cool or funny.. The second he appeared they went nuts. But when he had the video of the fake Batman that he was torturing and he said "Look at me!" In a deep and serious voice.. Not a single sound came from the audience. No cheering or clapping, people were silent. It was just awesome because everyone there was a diehard and probably seen TDK 5 times at least, but they were STILL captivated by Heath's performance.

What story arcs were the movies based on?
BB = Year One
TDK = ?
TDKR = Knightfall

Actually all the movies contained elements of a few storylines, with certain scenes straight from there;

BB= Year One, The Man Who Falls, Blind Justice.

The scene where Batman calls the bats w/the foot radio transmitter is straight from Year One, Henri Ducard which Ras used as an alias name was one of the more really deep hidden easter eggs. In the series Blind Justice, Ducard is an assassin whom Bruce trains with when he was younger to learn certain traits. Ducard also deduces that Bruce is Batman.

TDK: The Long Halloween, The Dark Knight Returns, The Killing Joke

The alliance of Harvey, Gordon and Batman on the roof is straight from the long Halloween. The Interrogation scene between Batman/Joker is in Killing Joke minus the *** kicking, Dark knight Returns because of Batman's absence

TDKR: Knightfall, No Man's Land, Venom

Knightfall is a given because of Bane. No Man's land because of Gotham's devastation and Venom for the Bane association and in that storyline Alfred leaves Bruce becasue he doesn't agree with how Bruce is using Venom.

I'm sure there's more but that's all i got.

Gonna see it a 3rd time today on IMAX. I was hoping for this to beat out Avengers but unfortunately length of the movie and no 3D plus the CO tragedy all playing factors in the numbers. Easter eggs iin TDKR:

Daggett the one who wants Wayne's company is a Batman the Animated series character who created the product that turned Mark Hagen into Clayface:

The Rogues sign held up in the football game has a Robin "R"

No Lazarus Pit but the jail is referred to as the Pit where a man rises from it.

John Blake is an amalgam of 2 characters: **** Grayson and Tim Drake. The grayson part obvious because he's be the first Bat sidekick per se and Tim Drake because just like Drake, Blake deduces Bruce's secret:

It's Sunday so y'all can stop using the spoilers option lol.

Last edited:
Movie was great. Great way to end the trilogy.

Bane's voice and presence was awesome. Hardy did a great job.

Some peoples expectations were too high cant believe people are bashing the movie. Maximus "are you not entertained."

On Bane
Bane was the terrorist bad *** that I wanted him to be for 90% of the film until the end where he was shedding tears and it was revealed that HE DID IT FOR TALIA. I also didnt like how he just got murked out of nowhere by Catwoman followed up by some joke by her that pretty much turned his death into a punchline. Pretty anticlimatic and a disservice to his character.

Bane and Thalia love each other. The only reason Bane has a life is because Thalia came back for him, and after he got kicked of the League of Shadows, Thalia took his side over her dad's. Going some crazy **** for a bish is a pretty understandable explanation. Especially when you already crazy

And I have no problem with Bane's death, he got beat in hand-to hand combat, they couldn't just arrest him, Bats don't kill people, and it was finally revealed he was not the mastermind/or the only mastermind. He was badass but he served his purpose in the film. I didn't really have a problem with Selina's comments, not like it was some cheap one liner.

Back
Top Bottom