THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Official Thread - 6/28 - TV Spot 10 on Last Page (More Selina Kyle)

was there anything at the end of the credits? left the theater asap so idk

best summary of the movie i've seen mirrored my opinion...for a movie that's 2 hrs & 45 mins, how can it possibly still feel rushed?

definitely wouldn't have been mad at them splitting the movie in two to better develop the characters...

would've plugged some of the obvious holes in the plot too...

The movie exceeded my expectations and ranks right up there with TDK as the best comic book movie of all time...Yes, even better than the Avengers. I found myself wanting more! That's hard to do with a comic book style movie...
But here's a question that I haven't seen posted yet...
At the end, when Batman supposedly flies off into the sunset to dispose of the nuke, HOW and WHY was the BAT able to be recovered? Wouldn't the explosion of the bomb totally disintegrate the machine? I can understand the whole autopiliot theory, but when Lucious and the other guy are inspecting the BAT at the end and discover that the autopilot feature was corrected, how'd they piece it back together to even look into it?
Hmmm...

im still confused as to what people see in the avengers, it was no that great. you knew exactly what was gonna happen the entire time. it was absolutely nothing special at all, and all 6 of my friends who were with me said the exact damn thing.

The more I think about it, this should have been split into two movies.

Could flesh out the characters much better. Get deeper into their motivations. Show the federal government's reaction. The politics of everything that woukd be happening. Get into bane's background. Maybe show us a bit of what happened since TDK. A few scenes with talia Ra's and bane. Show more of the prison. Show how Bruce gets back to Gotham after he's out the pit

It's amazing how much material there could be.

Imagine the first movie finishes with Bane and Bruce's first fight. Or right after Bane takes over the city.

basically on some HP deathly hallows swag. i can dig it. that wouldve been piffy. i'm all for 2 flicks.

TDKR was
smokin.gif
x10000000000000000000000000

Me and my girl gonna go back and watch it in IMAX

BANE was just pure evil
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

The movie exceeded my expectations and ranks right up there with TDK as the best comic book movie of all time...Yes, even better than the Avengers. I found myself wanting more! That's hard to do with a comic book style movie...
But here's a question that I haven't seen posted yet...
At the end, when Batman supposedly flies off into the sunset to dispose of the nuke, HOW and WHY was the BAT able to be recovered? Wouldn't the explosion of the bomb totally disintegrate the machine? I can understand the whole autopiliot theory, but when Lucious and the other guy are inspecting the BAT at the end and discover that the autopilot feature was corrected, how'd they piece it back together to even look into it?
Hmmm...
They were talking about the Wayne Enterprises BAT that was fixed by Bruce not Batman's BAT  but ofcourse that means he fixed the autopilot in his own BAT too. 

"Speak of the devil and he shall appear"
"Do you feel in charge?"

Bane had so many quotes in this movie :smokin

how about mayor carcetti and bunny colvin from the wire?

Yeah, they both had cameo roles. Even Quinn (from Dexter) wouldn't let JGLs character pass on the bridge.

There was even some cat that looked like Wale w/o dreads in the scene where the cops rush Bane's mercenaries :lol:

Finally saw it last night. I enjoyed the movie but I also had a few issues with it

First of all, I have to agree with whoever said TDKR could have used more Batman. As I was watching, it did feel like Blake was made out to be more of the star/hero of the movie while Batman was just a support character, when it should have been the other way around.

The prison scenes in general were weak and undeveloped. Maybe I missed it, but what was stopping the prisoners from just climbing up the rope that was being used as a support harness? The jumping to the other platform thing seemed cheap and unnecessary.

The fight scenes with Bane were straight up boxing matches. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but I think it would have been better if Batman used some of his gadgets and approached the battles with some sort of strategy. Why didn't he attempt to attack the mask from the beginning? And when he finally did, the way Batman took down Bane by punching him the mask a couple of times seemed too weak; it would have been more dramatic and believable if he actually destroyed or at least damaged the mask in some way imo.

I had more but this is all I feel like typing at 5 in the morning :lol:

Finally saw it last night. I enjoyed the movie but I also had a few issues with it

First of all, I have to agree with whoever said TDKR could have used more Batman. As I was watching, it did feel like Blake was made out to be more of the star/hero of the movie while Batman was just a support character, when it should have been the other way around.

The prison scenes in general were weak and undeveloped. Maybe I missed it, but what was stopping the prisoners from just climbing up the rope that was being used as a support harness? The jumping to the other platform thing seemed cheap and unnecessary.

The fight scenes with Bane were straight up boxing matches. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but I think it would have been better if Batman used some of his gadgets and approached the battles with some sort of strategy. Why didn't he attempt to attack the mask from the beginning? And when he finally did, the way Batman took down Bane by punching him the mask a couple of times seemed too weak; it would have been more dramatic and believable if he actually destroyed or at least damaged the mask in some way imo.

I had more but this is all I feel like typing at 5 in the morning :lol:

well, batman tried to use his gadgets :lol: but i agree with just about everything you said. You saw a lot of character development with Blake however i think showing Batman in the prison was a great touch.

As well as Bill Kim from Prison Break (The asian cop)
Yeah, it sucked that he finally was able to get out from the tunnels and gets shot and killed in like a minute :lol: :smh:.
I also saw a cameo from the actor who plays Little Finger from Game of Thrones in the opening sequence. I thought it was awesome. Very creative airplane hijacking scene.

Last edited:
Yeah, it sucked that he finally was able to get out from the tunnels and gets shot and killed in like a minute :lol: :smh:.
I also saw a cameo from the actor who plays Little Finger from Game of Thrones in the opening sequence. I thought it was awesome. Very creative airplane hijacking scene.

sloppy tho. The wings and tail had to have fallen off miles from where the plane actually crashed but then again what could the CIA do about that

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone has posted this, but I've been listening to the TDKR soundtrack.  "Fear Will Find You".  That track is straight pump up music.  Hans Zimmer is brilliant.  

Love the soundtrack! There's actually a portion of the Danny Elfman's 1989 Batman theme at the 1:34 mark. Anyone know which track is the "Molossus" and "Introduce a Little Anarchy" version for this film?

So far "Gotham's Reckoning" is my favorite:

I was actually watching BB and in there Alfred said they had to order 10,000 or 100,000 of the helmets to avoid suspicion so that might be why it cost $1mil? If that isn't the case then I certainly would have spent more than $1k on the groin armour. :lol:

:x I would have spent $1mil on groin armour as well
I need to go back and watch BB. I remember that part, from when he was just coming up with the ideas for the suit.

:rofl: Its so true though.

"Speak of the devil and he shall appear"
"Do you feel in charge?"
Bane had so many quotes in this movie :smokin

CIA Agent: At least you can talk! Who are you?
Bane: It doesn't matter who we are... what matters is our plan. No one cared who I was until I put on the mask.
CIA Agent: [Pulls hood off to reveal Bane] If I pull that off, will you die?
Bane: It would be extremely painful...
CIA Agent: You're a big guy.
Bane: ...for you.

Bane: Calm down, Doctor! Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.

Bane: Theatricality and deception, powerful agents for the uninitiated. But we are initiated, aren't we Bruce?

Bruce Wayne: Why didn't you just kill me?
Bane: Your punishment must be more severe.
Bruce Wayne: Torture?
Bane: Yes, but not of the body. Of the soul. I will build you and Gotham up with hope and then destroy you. Hope is really the key to torture. Gotham will build to a point of joy and then be wiped from the map.
Bruce Wayne: You are a madman.
Bane: When Gotham is ashes... then you have my permission to die.

:wow:

Roland Daggett: I paid you a small fortune...
Bane: And you think this gives you power over me?

Bane: Theatricality and deception are powerful agents to the uninitiated... but we are initiated, aren't we Bruce? Members of the League of Shadows!
[Lifts Batman by the neck]
Bane: And you betrayed us!
Bruce Wayne: You were excommunicated... by a gang of psychopaths.
Bane: [viciously beats Batman and throws him to the ground] I am the League of Shadows and I am here to fulfill Ra's al Ghul's destiny! You fight like a younger man, with nothing held back. Admirable but mistaken.
Bane: [Batman uses an EMP device to cut the lights] Oh, you think darkness is your ally. You merely adopted the dark; I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but REALITY!
[grabs Batman from the shadows and continues to maliciously beat him]
Bane: The shadows betray you, they belong to me.
[repeatedly punches Batman in the face, breaking his cowl]
Bane: I will show you where I have made my home while preparing to bring justice. Then I will break you.
Bane: [Hits detonator, blowing a hole into the bottom of Wayne Enterprise] Your precious armory, gratefully accepted! We will need it. Ah yes, I was wondering what would break first
[lifts Batman]
Bane: your spirit? Or your body?
[slams him on his knee]

Bruce Wayne: Why didn't you just kill me?
Bane: You do not fear death. You welcome it. Your punishment must be more severe.

Bane: This man has been given to you as the shining example of justice! You have been supplied with a false idol, to stop you from tearing down this corrupt city! Let me tell you the truth about Harvey Dent from the words of Gotham's police commissioner, James Gordon. "The Batman didn't murder Harvey Dent, he saved my boy, then took the blame for Harvey's appalling crimes so I could, to my shame, build a lie around this fallen idol. I praised the madman who tried to murder my own child, but I can no longer with my lie. It is time to trust the people of Gotham with the truth, and it is time for me to resign." And do you accept this man's resignation! Do you accept the resignation of all these liars! Of all the corrupt!

BEST...QUOTES...OF...THE...MOVIE...

Back
Top Bottom