The Diplomats - Diplomatic Ties [Album]

Dropped last night. Think it's pretty nice, but tbh, it probably would have been even better as a Jim Jones solo.
1542863914_fbfd8faa67138d1f824528d9d8154889.jpg

I only have amazon music. It aint up there yet. :-(

And im home for the holiday and my connection is terrible

Still Dipset....boy you know it's Dipset.....

But on that note, this album was trash! Only song that could've been dope was the Sauce Boyz but then Cam had to record it on his little Casio music machine and mess it up...smfh

Album was okay.

Too much autotune on the hooks.

You could tell Cam wasn't involved for real. Quick money grab for him

Sounded like a Jim Jones & Co album.

The Upstage was way better, played that **** like 10 times today. JR and 40 spitting, even Rell was.

Why does Cam sound like he's about to lose his voice or he just got out of bed?

I gave multiple listens to both this and The Upstage, and Cam is very near washed territory. Upstage is fire and JR/Rell/40 Cal (and Tom Gist/A-Mafia is you consider them part of the group) all sound hungry with a point to prove. Diplomatic Ties is really just Jim Jones and the production carrying a very washed Juelz and a fairly washed Cam. I jokingly said this album should've been a Jim Jones solo, but the more I listen, the more it should have happened. If I were to rate both albums, Upstage would be an 8/8.5, and this one would maaaaaybe be a 7.

I gave multiple listens to both this and The Upstage, and Cam is very near washed territory. Upstage is fire and JR/Rell/40 Cal (and Tom Gist/A-Mafia is you consider them part of the group) all sound hungry with a point to prove. Diplomatic Ties is really just Jim Jones and the production carrying a very washed Juelz and a fairly washed Cam. I jokingly said this album should've been a Jim Jones solo, but the more I listen, the more it should have happened. If I were to rate both albums, Upstage would be an 8/8.5, and this one would maaaaaybe be a 7.

Dead on....and I thought cam sounded alright on The Program

Dead on....and I thought cam sounded alright on The Program

He did sound alright on there, but that mixing/mastering was terrible, made it almost unlistenable.

And Uptown is the only track where Juelz sounds close to his old self

Damn this album is trash.

As soon as I was done listening I had to throw on Diplomatic Immunity and remember the good times.

:lol: lemme elaborate, cam & juelz need to be A&Red to get da best outta em, dudes probably got too many yes men around em keepin em outta touch.

Cam to his credit isn't still got his "mechanics" and his last 2 projects (1st of da month series, da program) are solid, i wish he would collab more at this point of his career & got on more uptempo beats.

Juelz just lazy & content gettin walk thru money for these clubs bags :smh: :lol: perhaps that pending stint might be a blessing in disguise to reset & clear him up.

Jim in top form in 2018... only thing he gotta so is switch up da chains, that vamp life is treadmill status :lol: throw on some Eagles b.

Back
Top Bottom