The Documentary Jay-Z Doesn't Want You To See

D

Deleted member 107398

I haven't formed an opinion yet, I'm neutral, but what do you guys think?

i think the gentrification aspect is pretty troubling.

they will always tear down the successful anomaly tho...which Jay is.

its gonna come down to whether you feel Jay does as much as YOU want him to and thats unfair.

I'm completely unbiased, I wanna hear your guys opinions on it...what I will say is Jay does seem to be targeted often for whatever reason.

People dont see it for what it truly means to be someone like a Jay z... listening to his music you should know he isnt here to be the intricate force that makes the change in the hood... he's here to make money and help out along the way.

Jay would not have amounted to his current status worrying about every mouth that needs to be fed....

Its not his job to make change, its up to the individual to change their own world....

Imo, jay is a sellout but hey... i dont lose sleep over it

**** Jay Z
He hasn't done anything for the black community
He endorses the stop and frisk at Barney's, he even rapped about it
He sucks at rapping, Shyne is better. If it wasn't for Shyne catching that case, Jay Z would not be as big as he is now because Shyne would be Brooklyn's savior
**** JayZ

i think the gentrification aspect is pretty troubling.
semi sort of unrelated but its going to be interesting to see what happens once MSGs lease is up...

"On July 24, 2013, the New York City Council  voted to extend Madison Square Garden's lease to just ten years, in an effort to have the arena move to a different location so that a new Pennsylvania Station structure can be built where the Garden is currently standing."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madison_square_garden

where do the knicks and rangers end up, the barclays center maybe?...

does manhattan have enough land to support a new arena or do they go into another area (BX or Queens) and do the same type of thing they did with the Barclays Center?

nerd.gif

Last edited:
No wonder jadakiss "stays in the hood like..."

He'll never have this kind of problem to deal with.

Wait, they're getting rid of MSG?
so it seems "on paper," but I'm sure there are ways around it and that issue could always be revisited...

...it will just be interesting if that they stick with that plan, where might a new arena go?  

*anybody from NYC might have any ideas? development fascinates me...especially since MSG is the second most prosperous arena in the US (after staples center)...

Last edited:
Ah the Tri-monthly Jay-Z hate thread.

Its March 27th, it almost wasnt made in time, I was starting to worry.

Last edited:
Jay wouldnt be in the position of power he is now without "selling out". So to say Jay should use his power for "good", is basically a type of contradiction

Jay dont owe the hood or black people ****.

Jay wouldnt be in the position of power he is now without "selling out". So to say Jay should use his power for "good", is basically a type of contradiction

Jay dont owe the hood or black people ****.

Why do people get so offended when people 'sell out' ? I mean Jay did do almost everyone he was ever in business with dirty, but hey thats what makes him a businessman. All business men especially the fortune 500 ones all cut throats and stepped on everyone to get to the top. Jay just did it through music.

Last edited:
Why do people get so offended when people 'sell out' ? I mean Jay did do almost everyone he was ever in business with dirty, but hey thats what makes him a businessman. All business men especially the fortune 500 ones all cut throats and stepped on everyone to get to the top. Jay just did it through music.
I'm not going to comment on the "he did almost everyone he did business with dirty" because A) what is being done "dirty" in business B) are there any facts to prove this? It's like if you and your business partner don't go into business until you die someone got done dirty...thats another convo.

As for people getting offended by "sell out" it's because people only use that word as a slight, it's intended to be offensive. Only artists people don't like sell out, the ones people do like "finally got the recognition they deserve." It's such a bs term IMO, used by kids who think their choice in music is somehow superior to everyone elses, as if no song on the radio can be good, or as if the Beetles didn't sign a multimillion dollar deal, or Nirvana, or any other historically great musical act...people who use "sell out" are lames to me.

Back
Top Bottom