The Documentary Jay-Z Doesn't Want You To See

If you weren't taught to be a life changer as you were growing up, you don't naturally gravitate toward that as an adult.
As he matures into being a father and husband, I'm pretty sure dude will make an attempt to be a "visible" impact in his "community".

But for a person of his global status, what exactly is his community?
People of all colors and nationalities admire J-Z for one reason or another.
So does he just fight the causes of black people/African Americans, and ignore the injustice endured by millions of others?
What he's being asked to do isn't as easy as it seems.

That's you Jay?

Well Jay takes care of his primary responsibilities that a lot of other celebs don't...his immediate family is good, no baby mama drama, take care of his kids, never hear about him owing the IRS or nothing crazy like that.

Yet dudes on here look up to Boosie who is a known murderer, KILLING his community
laugh.gif

If Boosie was relevant or actually successful, they would hate him , though.
roll.gif
NT hates jay-z but loves them some boosie, guccie, lil b and camron 
laugh.gif

I feel people having an issue with this man striving for endless success and not understanding what it takes are mentally limited.
yep

I don't even really have an opinion on this thread or the video but this is prolly the one of the most tired explanations people give in regards to this dude.

Any ***** can sell a zip and call themselves a drug dealer that **** says nothing about them caring about their community or others yet this is brought up like 4 or 5 times per Jay-z thread :lol:

so you don't care about jay z one way or the other, you just don't like negative characterizations of drug dealers??? :lol: :lol:

deal with it...

edit: has shawn's stock slipped so low that current drug dealers (and their stans) don't want to be associated with him? lmao

:lol: Clown *** ***** I'm a jay fan and I've taken part in plenty of threads very similar to this like the Barney's thread, this one in particular I don't really care about because the video looks biased as hell

In every thread like this tho somebody will come in and say something like "I mean he was a drug dealer guyz" like that means anything.

**** sounds stupid as hell for one because Jay-z actually does give back but it sounds even more stupid when you consider the fact that it's ****** who were out there for real like Rick Ross who also give back

If y'all wanna take up for him saying stuff like "my presence is charity" cool, you gotta come up with a better excuse tho

:lol: Clown *** ***** I'm a jay fan and I've taken part in plenty of threads very similar to this like the Barney's thread, this one in particular I don't really care about because the video looks biased as hell

In every thread like this tho somebody will come in and say something like "I mean he was a drug dealer guyz" like that means anything.

**** sounds stupid as hell for one because Jay-z actually does give back but it sounds even more stupid when you consider the fact that it's ****** who were out there for real like Rick Ross who also give back

If y'all wanna take up for him saying stuff like "my presence is charity" cool, you gotta come up with a better excuse tho

your whole comment shows you lack comprehension. maybe a break down will help:

- drug dealers selling within their own communities obviously think about themselves 1st cause drugs=bad
- shawn carter was a drug dealer and thinks about himself 1st, regardless of the implications to others (also see Burke, Kareem and Dash, Dame)
- conclusion: there should be low expectations from the general black community from a guy who use to sell drugs

i'm not mad if shawn doesn't "give back to the community" cause i have low expectations "from jump". plus, DUDE DOESN'T CARE what i think, what belafonte thinks or some stan named str8drop thinks. it is what it is. dude is going to make his money, pipe beyonce, and kiss his baby daughter. that's what he's going to do.

if you still disagree with what i've said, go find some traffic to play in.

****** making comments talking about "he's a drug dealer" "he never cared before why should he now" sound stupid because it makes it seem like he's never done charitable work or nothing like that, which he has

I don't have any expectations from any of these dudes either but it's not because they're "former drug dealers", **** just sound like a unneeded excuse dudes make up for him

And you saying he don't care what i think is irrelevant when I'm not even being critical of him, my comment was clearly directed at ****** like you, but I'm the one lacking in comprehension? :lol:

I'm done in here tho you got it bruh :lol:

Last edited:
****** making comments talking about "he's a drug dealer" "he never cared before why should he now" sound stupid because it makes it seem like he's never done charitable work or nothing like that, which he has

I don't have any expectations from any of these dudes either but it's not because they're "former drug dealers", **** just sound like a unneeded excuse dudes make up for him

And you saying he don't care what i think is irrelevant when I'm not even being critical of him, my comment was clearly directed at ****** like you, but I'm the one lacking in comprehension? :lol:

I'm done in here tho you got it bruh :lol:
get your posts and your comprehension up, and then come back bruh

Jay Z is an herb, who does nothing to empower the very community he prospered in. From his tacky clothing line to how he did his "best" friend Dame. To how he pimps out his watered down albums for marketing deals like what he did with Samsung. There is no denying his business acumen, but not a person I look up to.

I'm no jay-z fan but this documentary is corny.

People need to stop expecting the world from entertainers and putting them on a pedestal only to get upset when they don't give back (something they aren't required to do).

Jay-z is an entertainer to me and a rapper who made a few albums I enjoy. What he does or doesn't do is of no concern to me. If he chooses to go out his way to give back, then great that's an admirable quality, if he doesn't then I don't think any less of him because people shouldn't expect him to do all that to begin with.

I respect him for what he's accomplished for himself. I don't care for him other than that.

As far as rapping goes, he's ok I guess. I'd rather listen to Cam to be honest. 

I'm no jay-z fan but this documentary is corny.

People need to stop expecting the world from entertainers and putting them on a pedestal only to get upset when they don't give back (something they aren't required to do).

Jay-z is an entertainer to me and a rapper who made a few albums I enjoy. What he does or doesn't do is of no concern to me. If he chooses to go out his way to give back, then great that's an admirable quality, if he doesn't then I don't think any less of him because people shouldn't expect him to do all that to begin with.

How is it that Jay-Z owes nothing back to the very fans that helped make him who he is?
Without the fans buying his albums, he would not be relevant, rich, or have power.

ALL entertainers owe some amount of gratitude to, at the very least, their fans. Cause once your fan base goes, so do the corporate contracts.

#2. Jay has shown himself to be the type that thinks only of himself. Even if he doesnt feel the need to appreciate his fans and others who have supported his projects throughout the years, what about his homeboys that actually put him on? He doesnt even **** with them either.
Its a proven fact that he owes Dehaven but yet he even left him out in the cold.

My question is what about Jay-z so far would lead anyone to believe he's about anything but making his money?

Why people expect anything different at this point is beyond me.

I've decided this Jay thing has to be subtly race related.

Like, there are facts to support Jay giving, he's done multiple interviews saying that, and why, he gives so much.

But such facts are blatantly ignored, whilst Lady Gaga openly mock the charity system and are giving a pass on this very board. We don't see Larry David posts, Elton John, Madonna, Leo, etc. etc. there is no flack despite there being less facts to support their charitable giving.

Negroes: crabs in a bucket.
Whites: he's a drug dealer.

Idk why this makes me made, I think the jealousy of Jays popularity both the 'My favorite artist is better' and the 'if I had all his money I would do x' makes me mad. Grown mean being jealous makes me angry...jealousy is a weak emotion left to women and children.

I think it's time to realize that when people attain a certain lifestyle and status like Jay's, there is a lower chance of them having a true philanthropic mindset. He is a business man first, and cares little about poor people.

yall do know these so called urban neighborhoods were once flooded w/ white folks until they left and moved to the burbs......now they're coming back

it's a cycle that'll keep flowing when those with money decide they need a change of scenery 

One google search popped up that selfish *** Jay Z runs or directly supports 18 charities.

I remember son gave a mill to aid Hurricane Katrina

Selective amnesia probably hinders yall from remembering dude did a documentary to Aid the water situation in Africa.

The whole Barney thing was for charity but yall was too busy calling dude an Uncle Tom for some **** some employees did.

Im sure at the end of the day it aint enough tho. Yall always spending another ***** money. Want dude to give $20 mill to the hood. But you wouldn't give $20 to a bum.

One google search popped up that selfish *** Jay Z runs or directly supports 18 charities.

Selective amnesia probably hinders yall from remembering dude did a documentary to Aid the water situation in Africa.

The whole Barney thing was for charity but yall was too busy calling dude an Uncle Tom for some **** some employees did.

Im sure at the end of the day it aint enough tho. Yall always spending another ***** money. Want dude to give $20 mill to the hood. But you wouldn't give $20 to a bum.

And made a song about 'I gave money but I didn't give my time so it's like I didn't give a dime'

But nah...Jay is a selfish businessman who screws his friends and doesn't ever give to charity...

'Men lie, women lie, numbers don't'

Last edited:

This. Spot on.

Back
Top Bottom