The Elite Chris Paul Thread

Juwan's exactly the definition.

Adam Morrison.

Jud Beuchler.

Last edited:
There's nothing to argue, our definitions of "rode another superstar" are just different.

I'm supposed to sit here and try to sway the way you define the term?

No thanks, m8.

damn we out chea overhyping the teams that cp0 lost to now 
laugh.gif

"best team of our generation" 
roll.gif

"kd might be the all time leader in scoring" 
roll.gif

question: has a team that eliminated cp0 from the playoffs ever won a championship the same year? 

laugh.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

question: has a team that eliminated cp0 from the playoffs ever won a championship the same year? 
"2014-2015 Rockets #9deep"

Last edited:
lets see:

2015: rockets wont make the finals

2014: okc didnt make the finals

2013: spurs made the finals but didnt win

2012: spurs didnt make the finals

2011: lakers didnt make the finals

2010: no playoffs

2009: nuggets didnt make the finals

2008: spurs didnt make the finals

not only is chris paul a loser, but he has exclusively lost to other losers 

*waits to read excuses about how these ringless teams are actually historically great and losing to them is acceptable* 

I'm not sure how ppl can say Paul hasn't won anything and then bring up guys like Payton, Kidd and Stockton.

Stockton never won squat and Payton/Kidd were both carried to one when they were damn near 40 by other superstar players.

"Yea but they at least made it to the Finals!"

Well, last time I checked you don't get anything for simply making it there.

That's why you guys rip LeBron for his losing record in the Finals instead of praising him for just getting there, correct?
its true that not winning anything is not winning anything

but when you compare two lifetime losers you have to look at how far they took their teams without winning

people rip lebron and his losing finals record because its terrible when compared to other top 10 all timers which he supposedly is better than. lebron is being compared to gods while these ringless peasants have far simpler expectations and criteria 

lets see:

2015: rockets wont make the finals

2014: okc didnt make the finals

2013: spurs made the finals but didnt win

2012: spurs didnt make the finals

2011: lakers didnt make the finals

2010: no playoffs

2009: nuggets didnt make the finals

2008: spurs didnt make the finals

not only is chris paul a loser, but he has exclusively lost to other losers 

*waits to read excuses about how these ringless teams are actually historically great and losing to them is acceptable* 
Hmmmmmmm

damn we out chea overhyping the teams that cp0 lost to now :lol:

"best team of our generation" :rofl:

"kd might be the all time leader in scoring" :rofl:

Spurs have been the best Franchise post Jordan. Timmy the best player. Lakers are a close second. These are the teams he's losing to. But let's be funny and act like he's losing to "losers"

KD likely will finish somewhere in the top 3 in scoring if he continues his trajectory. Nothing funny about that.

laugh.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

Spurs have been the best Franchise post Jordan. Timmy the best player. Lakers are a close second. These are the teams he's losing to. But let's be funny and act like he's losing to "losers"

KD likely will finish somewhere in the top 3 in scoring if he continues his trajectory. Nothing funny about that.
excuse me sir but could you please answer the question? thx

Move the goal posts my man. You won't even respond to my statement. Cp3 losing to defending Champions, All time greats and better teams. Those aren't losers.

I will say this year in the 2nd round he was favored and he lost...but he also was part of a team that wasn't favored and beat the defending champs. On his heroics.

Take it how you want it. Idk why you want everyone to hate him and discredit him the way you do. It's weird. Keep posting smiley emojies and moving goal posts.

Move the goal posts my man. You won't even respond to my statement. Cp3 losing to defending Champions, All time greats and better teams. Those aren't losers.

I will say this year in the 2nd round he was favored and he lost...but he also was part of a team that wasn't favored and beat the defending champs. On his heroics.

Take it how you want it. Idk why you want everyone to hate him and discredit him the way you do. It's weird. Keep posting smiley emojies and moving goal posts.
are you ever going to run out of excuses?

by definition of the word "loser" the teams that he lost to did not go on to win a championship so they are losers.

maybe the reason he keeps losing to "all time greats and better teams" is because there are just that many players in the nba today that are better than him

just stop man, this isnt even about arguing with me. you're making your self look like a butt hurt fool for all of NT to see. 

maybe you should start watching soccer, maybe basketball is not for you 

I'm not sure how ppl can say Paul hasn't won anything and then bring up guys like Payton, Kidd and Stockton.

Stockton never won squat and Payton/Kidd were both carried to one when they were damn near 40 by other superstar players.

That's why you guys rip LeBron for his losing record in the Finals instead of praising him for just getting there, correct?

but when you compare two lifetime losers you have to look at how far they took their teams without winning

Says who?

Random nobodies on the internet and ESPN analysts?

Yea, cant say I really care too much about those people, man.

As for the "lifetime loser" thing, no one playing in the NBA is a loser.

All these dudes winning @ the end of the day.

I know what you mean, its just weird to me calling a pro athlete a loser when a lot of these dudes are living most of your dreams.

W/ that being said, Melo still a loser.

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Says who?

Random nobodies on the internet and ESPN analysts?

Yea, cant say I really care too much about those people, man.

As for the "lifetime loser" thing, no one playing in the NBA is a loser.

All these dudes winning @ the end of the day.

I know what you mean, its just weird to me calling a pro athlete a loser when a lot of these dudes are living most of your dreams.

W/ that being said, Melo still a loser.

laugh.gif
well yeah 
laugh.gif

but we are not comparing these guys to average joes

we're comparing them to their peers and in that context they are losers since everyone's goal is to win a championship and if you dont you are by definition a loser 

Idk man, if everyone's goal is a chip, why did Melo reup w/ the Knicks?

:lol:

I get what you're getting @, tho.

It's just always been funny to me when actual nobodies call dudes making 100M playing a sport they love a loser.

A lot of luck goes into winning a chip, so I don't really hold it against players if they aren't able to get one.

Last edited by a moderator:
are you ever going to run out of excuses?

by definition of the word "loser" the teams that he lost to did not go on to win a championship so they are losers.

maybe the reason he keeps losing to "all time greats and better teams" is because there are just that many players in the nba today that are better than him

just stop man, this isnt even about arguing with me. you're making your self look like a butt hurt fool for all of NT to see. 

maybe you should start watching soccer, maybe basketball is not for you 

Actually no.

I'm very reasonable and willing to concede his perceived lack of playoff success. A player of his calibre SHOULD have slightly more success...he had a good playoff this year, but him and his team didn't capitalize on a good opportunity in the 2nd round. Again, take The good with the bad. But that doesn't take away from the player he is. I'm also no dummy and will dig deeper and see who he lost to and why he lost.

Dude has lost to teams that have hoisted the championship trophy the prior year. Or got to the finals with better teams and better players. IE KD. Can't call them "losers" just because they didn't win that year. That's painting with a large paint brush which you seem to do with everyone. Nothing is as simple as winning or losing.

No one is "butt hurt". Or a fool. If anything, you've invested a lot of emotion and time in the "slander bus" etc. Really not that deep to me. I just like to see objective non hot takes basketball discussion.

And I prefer basketball. I'll stick to that :pimp:

He did show up for game 7 though. The rest of the Clips didn't.
I am tired of this narrative that CP fans and the media is trying to sell us. No he didnt. 11 of his 26 points and 7 of his 10 assists happened after the Clippers were down 88-68. Doesn't that mean something? Or are stats, stats to you?
this plus 3 turnovers in the first quarter allowing the rockets to set the tone and never look back 

http://deadspin.com/report-deandre-...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Report: DeAndre Jordan Was Sick And Tired Of Chris Paul

DeAndre Jordan signed a four-year, $80 million contract with the Dallas Mavericks over the weekend, ditching a playoff team for one that’s basically turning over its entire roster. That may seem like a strange decision, but Jordan will have two things going for him in Dallas—a more prominent role in the offense, and a healthy distance from Chris Paul.

According to ESPN’s Kevin Arnovitz, Jordan’s relationship with Paul soured considerably last year, with Jordan becoming a convenient scapegoat for the rest of the team whenever things went poorly. Paul seems to have been feeling particularly petty:

Jordan and Chris Paul had gotten into it more than once, which led Jordan to start seriously contemplating what it might be like to play elsewhere in 2015-16.

He was tired of Paul’s constant barking and petty gestures, like distributing high-fives to the three other guys on the floor following a timeout but somehow freezing out Jordan.

Arnovitz’s story, which is definitely worth a read, also has details about the Clippers’ underwhelming pitch meeting with Jordan, a meeting that Paul apparently didn’t bother to attend.

Chris Paul has always been surly as hell, but deliberately antagonizing the only guy on your team who is capable of grabbing 20 rebounds and protecting the rim seems like a bad idea. Jordan may not be a superstar or even worthy of a max contract, but he’s a hell of a lot better than whatever scrap-heap lug the Clippers will end up replacing him with.

There’s a good chance that one day—after a diminished Chris Paul has spent the last few years of his career whining at referees and cursing out teammates while never winning anything of real consequence—the main thing that people will remember about CP3 is that he was kind of a prick.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom