The Elite Chris Paul Thread

you can't say chris paul is the 2nd best pg of all time and not expect a backlash from people who have seen his shortcoming with their own eyes

What shortcomings exactly though?

The only argument is he hasn't been to the conference finals like 1 player is supposed to be responsible.

I'd even give yall credit if he actually didn't show up for the playoffs but he averages 20/5/10 on 48% and 39% from 3 in the playoffs in his career.

If you wanna say it's his fault that his teams haven't had success in the playoffs, it's ignorant, one player can only have so much of an effect.

If individual greatness = team success every HOF'er would have a ring.

But yall enjoy, like I said he's still the second best PG ever, whether yall want to admit it or not.

Drew Brees was told he was too small to be a successful NFL QB and won a championship.

Russell Wilson was told the same.

Interesting how that works.
AI weighs as much as Floyd Mayweather and he went to the Finals.
People say Chris Paul needs more help. Go take a perk at AIs squad and get back to us. He would have killed for this Clips team.
jason kidd went to the finals twice and his second best player was richard jefferson 

Dame's series ending game 7 shot last playoffs is more clutch than anything Chris has ever done, though.

And I've never said this, but I still wish we would have gotten Chris before Stern's basketball reasons. But I don't hold him in as high regard as I once did.

He doesn't have what it takes off paper to hit shots like what Dame hit, like what Fish has hit many times.

On paper, in your stats, those shots only count for 2/3 points, but they accomplish so much more in reality.

Dame hit that shot in game 6 tho.

Paul just beat the champs in a game 7, 2 weeks ago with his last second shot.

Drew Brees was told he was too small to be a successful NFL QB and won a championship.

Russell Wilson was told the same.

Interesting how that works.
AI weighs as much as Floyd Mayweather and he went to the Finals.

People say Chris Paul needs more help. Go take a perk at AIs squad and get back to us. He would have killed for this Clips team.
jason kidd went to the finals twice and his second best player was richard jefferson 
a washed up jason kidd was the key to the knicks winning 50+ games. we haven't been the same since dude retired.

[quote name="CP1708"][quote name="DarthSka"]Dame's series ending game 7 shot last playoffs is more clutch than anything Chris has ever done, though.

And I've never said this, but I still wish we would have gotten Chris before Stern's basketball reasons. But I don't hold him in as high regard as I once did.

He doesn't have what it takes off paper to hit shots like what Dame hit, like what Fish has hit many times.

On paper, in your stats, those shots only count for 2/3 points, but they accomplish so much more in reality.[/quote]Dame hit that shot in game 6 tho.

Paul just beat the champs in a game 7, 2 weeks ago with his last second shot.[/quote]I edited that.

And are you and SneakerPro talking about that circus layup he hit?

That counted, and I'm not going to take that away, but didn't the Spurs still have a chance after that? Wasn't there time left and didn't they have another possession?

I'm not discrediting it; I'm trying to frame it for what it was, not what it wasn't.

Dame's shot was end of the game, end of the series, we move on, you don't.

Last edited:
Kobe deserves his own thread. He's a champion. MVP.
LeBron deserves his own thread. He's a champion. MVP.

Why does this loser have his own thread? Can we get an Alex Smith thread going?

NT Extremes at it's finest... :lol:

The Paul hate is VERY similar to what Alex Ovechkin gets as well.

He's one of the best PGs in NBA history and still has a way to go before his career is over. Book isn't close to being finished yet.

What the hell is an Alex Ovetchkin?

He's one of the best PGs in NBA history and still has a way to go before his career is over. Book isn't close to being finished yet.

Mythical figure...kinda like a national championship trophy for the Ducks

[quote name="CP1708"][quote name="DarthSka"]Dame's series ending game 7 shot last playoffs is more clutch than anything Chris has ever done, though.

On paper, in your stats, those shots only count for 2/3 points, but they accomplish so much more in reality.

Paul just beat the champs in a game 7, 2 weeks ago with his last second shot.[/quote]I edited that.

That counted, and I'm not going to take today away, but didn't the Spurs still have a chance after that? Wasn't there time left and didn't they have another possession?

I'm not discrediting it; I'm trying to frame it for what it was, not what it wasn't.

Dame's shot was end of the game, end of the series, we move on, you don't.[/quote]Pop drew up a lousy, too cute, lob play to Kawhi that got broken up.

I edited that.

That counted, and I'm not going to take today away, but didn't the Spurs still have a chance after that? Wasn't there time left and didn't they have another possession?

Dame's shot was end of the game, end of the series, we move on, you don't.
yea that dame shot was way better then the  shot paul threw up to beat the spurs. a walk off 3pt buzzer beater to kill the series > cp circus shot against the spurs. u correct on that ska 

Dame whole season went to **** after his "ima all star" campaign......you want good numbers? play against Dame

everybody had that lil dude on a rope

Last edited:

NT Extremes at it's finest...
laugh.gif

i believe he plays a sport that no one cares about 

NT Extremes at it's finest...
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

The Ovi reference might get some confused/annoyed 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

That was unnecessary.

[quote name="sea manup"][QUOTE name="Chester McFloppy"]What the hell is an Alex Ovetchkin?[/QUOTE]i believe he plays a sport that no one cares about [/quote]Don't do this. :lol:

That counted, and I'm not going to take that away, but didn't the Spurs still have a chance after that? Wasn't there time left and didn't they have another possession?

Dame's shot was end of the game, end of the series, we move on, you don't.[/quote]

I mean, he hit the shot with 1 second on the clock, game 7. Vs the defending champs. (fake as they may be)

Both were huge shots tho. I have no dog in this race, I don't even fully grasp what's happening in here, but it's funny. :lol:

[quote name="xbiker47"]:lol: at a lot of the responses on the first page[/quote]I moved them over from the Playoffs thread. Get things started in here, and get those responses out of there. 2 birds.

Do people say if Alexander Ovechkin was 4 inches taller, he would have more championships? Do they talk about his surrounding cast at every turn to deflect criticism?

Just looked at his wikipedia page and see lots of things that say MVP. Also looks like he's made the Cup of Stanley finals at least once.

Don't think this is a fair comparison.

Naa it's definitely fair,don't let the awards fool you. Dude's never been to the conference finals like CP and he is a generational talent as well 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
First time I venture into the sports section of NT and y'all saying CP not elite? LOL man some of you guys are dumb af. 

Do people say if Alexander Ovechkin was 4 inches taller, he would have more championships? Do they talk about his surrounding cast at every turn to deflect criticism?

Just looked at his wikipedia page and see lots of things that say MVP. Also looks like he's made the Cup of Stanley finals at least once.

Don't think this is a fair comparison.

Naa it's definitely fair,don't let the awards fool you. Dude's never been to the conference finals like CP and he is a generational talent as well :lol:  

Yup, Rolaholic hit the nail on the head...

Dude is slaughtered by the media for not making it past round 2 in the playoffs in his 10 year career. He's got the hardware, but not a championship.

Back
Top Bottom