The Elite Chris Paul Thread

Chris Paul doesn't have the hardware OR the championship, tho.

Is Ovechkin referred to as the second best player behind Gretsky? Does he flop? Does he eat Krispy Kreme bread pudding? Does he have any moments like this?

QKN5KCL.gif

Is Ovechkin referred to as the second best player behind Gretsky? Does he flop? Does he eat Krispy Kreme bread pudding? Does he have any moments like this?

QKN5KCL.gif

Who is calling him the 2nd best PG of all time? If that's why this thread/argument was started, it's on yall for getting your jimmies rustled at such a moronic statement :lol:

Also, antics aside, how can anyone deny that he's an elite PG? He's a sure-bet HOFer with more years to play.

Basically you guys are claiming CP is not great because of his lack of playoff success. I guess basketball is not a team sport. 

Shout out to cp3... Great regular season player. If cp3 is that guy on your team u will never win.

QKN5KCL.gif

Who is calling him the 2nd best PG of all time? If that's why this thread/argument was started, it's on yall for getting your jimmies rustled at such a moronic statement :lol:

Also, antics aside, how can anyone deny that he's an elite PG? He's a sure-bet HOFer with more years to play.
elite sure but people are calling him top 5 ever at his position and that's inaccurate.

i don't know how anyone can defend CP0 after the historic choke job against the Rockets.

we all know he has a great stat sheet but to be considered a top 2 player at your position, you simply don't allow your team to lose a series to an inferior team after being 3-1. there are no ands or buts about it.

i don't know how anyone can defend CP0 after the historic choke job against the Rockets.

we all know he has a great stat sheet but to be considered a top 2 player at your position, you simply don't allow your team to lose a series to an inferior team after being 3-1. there are no ands or buts about it.
50/40/90 22 points 8 assists and 2 turnovers a game. How is that his fault? 

blowing a 3-1 lead against that Rockets team is embarrassing

Blake and CP3- need to get in that Kia and see if it can fly off the battleship

[quote name="JohnnyRedStorm"]elite sure but people are calling him top 5 ever at his position and that's inaccurate.[/quote]Top TWO, bro. :lol: Second best at the 1 behind Magic.

[quote name="JohnnyRedStorm"]elite sure but people are calling him top 5 ever at his position and that's inaccurate.
Top TWO, bro. :lol: Second best at the 1 behind Magic.[/quote]

wait someone really said Chris Paul was the 2nd best ever and meant it?

[quote name="JohnnyRedStorm"]elite sure but people are calling him top 5 ever at his position and that's inaccurate.
Top TWO, bro. :lol: Second best at the 1 behind Magic.[/quote] i just dont get it. he's a great player but not that great.

Ska you've seen a lot of dudes, what's your top 5?

Last edited:
My biggest gripe with CP0 is this:

He's supposed to be a generational talent and top player at his position right? Then why, outside of NT, does he not get near the slander that Kobe, Durant, LeBron, Dirk, Carmelo, and others receive? Hell, let GSW get eliminated this year and I guarantee that Steph Curry whispers will start up.

Peyton Manning has won a Super Bowl and numerous MVPs and is called a choker ALL THE TIME. This is in football which is the ultimate team sport... and still... choke artist.

Chris Paul flies under the radar. His teammates and coaches get thrown under the bus, excuses left and right, capes come out in force, and we get the same narrative every year.

Yeah, he took some ****** teams to the playoffs. Lots of players in the NBA have. Lots of QBs in the NFL have. Still... he ain't in NO anymore and some of the talking heads had them penciled in for a championship after the 3-1 lead. Talking about the Clippers are the second best team in the NBA and have the best starting five.

The excuses are running thin at this point. HoF player and great PG? For sure. Just stop acting like the guy is flawless and somehow better than guys like Stockton at this point in his career.

Last edited:
Top TWO, bro. :lol: Second best at the 1 behind Magic.

wait someone really said Chris Paul was the 2nd best ever and meant it?[/quote] From the NBA thread:[quote name="DarthSka"][quote name="awwsome"][quote name="shoeking2102"]I also think its even silly to try and rank CP3 as far as where he belongs with the all time greats. His career is still in progress, and it really boils down to a matter of preference.[/quote]Second best PG ever after Magic.[/quote]On paper, yes.

On NBA basketball courts, HAYL no.

*edit* Actually, not even on paper.[/quote]

Who's calling him top 2, tho? Ska, is it on the 1st page?
Right here:[quote name="awwsome"][quote name="DarthSka"]
I'm not even going to deny that Steve Nash is a liability on defense. It's blatantly obvious. But you know what you are going to deny? That Chris Paul flops, twirls, spins, whines, and climbs on the backs of opponents in order to advance in the playoffs life, and it's absolutely not working for him.[/quote]All that flopping and whining and he's still better than Nash though, that makes 0 sense. :lol:

Yall could hate him all you want, he's still the second best point guard to play the game in reality.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="JJs07"]Who's calling him top 2, tho? Ska, is it on the 1st page?[/quote]First post in the thread now.

I moved it from the NBA thread to here, and when posts are moved, they go in the new thread according to time. And that gem of a reply was made last night, so it's now the opener to the thread.

My biggest gripe with CP0 is this:

He's supposed to be a generational talent and top player at his position right? Then why, outside of NT, does he not get near the slander that Kobe, Durant, LeBron, Dirk, Carmelo, and others receive? Hell, let GSW get eliminated this year and I guarantee that Steph Curry whispers will start up.

Peyton Manning has won a Super Bowl and numerous MVPs and is called a choker ALL THE TIME. This is in football which is the ultimate team sport... and still... choke artist.

Chris Paul flies under the radar. His teammates and coaches get thrown under the bus, excuses left and right, capes come out in force, and we get the same narrative every year.

Yeah, he took some crap teams to the playoffs. Lots of players in the NBA have. Lots of QBs in the NFL have. Still... he ain't in NO anymore and some of the talking heads had them penciled in for a championship after the 3-1 lead. Talking about the Clippers are the second best team in the NBA and have the best starting five.

The excuses are running thin at this point. HoF player and great PG? For sure. Just stop acting like the guy is flawless and somehow better than guys like Stockton at this point in his career.

I've pretty much sat out the CP3 hate/cape fest because I just don't care about him.

But when you look at the teams he's played on and the fact he's 30 AND still hasn't even really made a run. The bus deserves to be packed.

I'm sorry but when you are a generational player in your prime and you have 3 games to win 1 and you lose all 3. That means something is missing. I don't what it is but that just shouldn't happen barring injury.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom