The Elite Chris Paul Thread

I'm sure CP3 is known as a good defender.

To his family.

:lol:

Chris Paul already has 5 all defensive first team selections to his name.

Jason Kidd has 4. But I guess that's just his family considering I'm a good defender huh? :smh: :lol:.

i can guarantee this dude didnt see kidd play in his prime. he sounds like he started watching ball in 2007 or something like that. 

Don't play with me like that. You should know better. Everything I posted is facts. I'm grown man. I done seen and been a fan of prime kid. Cmon now.

Last edited:
Bruh, 2010 kidd is a better defender then prime cp3. U give prime kidd this team last year and they make the conference finals at least.

Chris Paul at 30 has more 1st team all defensive selections than Jkidd does for his whole career. Y'all really acting like cp3 isn't widely known as one of the best defenders for his position?

Y'all just irrationally hating. It should be expected in this thread...but I expected better from some of you. Some left facts I posted. Y'all will gloss over them though.

I'm sure CP3 is known as a good defender.

To his family.

:lol:

Jason Kidd has 4. But I guess that's just his family considering I'm a good defender huh? :smh: :lol:.

i can guarantee this dude didnt see kidd play in his prime. he sounds like he started watching ball in 2007 or something like that. 

Don't play with me like that. You should know better. Everything I posted is facts. I'm grown man. I done seen and been a fan of prime kid. Cmon now.

I guess Kobe is one of the best 5 players in the West this year. I mean he was voted an All-Star starter.

Jason Kidd has 4. But I guess that's just his family considering I'm a good defender huh?
mean.gif
laugh.gif
you really didnt see kidd playing d as an old man when they won the chip. cmon man . i know you a grown man i didnt say you were a kid but i really cant believe that you have this opinion if you were watching ball in the 90s and early 2000s.

. kobe has like a gazillion first team selections and half of them are off reputation. kidd was a way better defender then cp and its not even close

. im not even  a huge cp hater man. 

im just being real. ill take cp over nash all day. kidd was special though and better then both of them easily. 

Last edited:
Jason Kidd in his prime was damn near erasing All-Stars in playoff series.

Had Paul Pierce about to get traded he locked him up so bad.

you really didnt see kidd playing d as an old man when they won the chip. cmon man . kobe has like a gazillion first team selections and half of them are off reputation. kidd was a way better defender then cp and its not even close
. im not even  a huge cp hater man. 
im just being real. ill take cp over nash all day. kidd was special though and better then both of them easily. 

I'm well aware of Kidds defensive prowess. First of all, we were talking about "prime Jason Kidd". Secondly, I could see Cp3 in a similar role to Jkidd in four years where his role is to be a facilitator and strong perimeter defender. He's perfectly capable of that.

Y'all out here acting like cp3 isn't WIDELY known as one of the best defenders at his position. Everything backs it up. Stats, accolades, eye test, even advanced stats. Y'all were clowning KD for letting cp3 lock him up. Dude can defend with the best of them. Again, it's widely known.

I guess Kobe is one of the best 5 players in the West this year. I mean he was voted an All-Star starter.

You're really going to discredit cp3's all defensive selections when he was finishing at the top in MVP votings, leading the league in steals 6 times...4 years straight...and compare THAT to Kobe making the all star game this year?

Pure stupidity.

Payton had like 9 All NBA Defensive nods in a row.

Because early Kidd in Dallas didn't beat out Gary Payton a couple more times, Paul is the better defender since Paul's 5 > Kidd's 4.

K.

Last edited:
No matter how we twist it, in no way is cp3 a better defender than kidd. Not saying he's James harden, but kidd wins that category.

Because early Kidd in Dallas didn't beat out Seattle's Gary Payton a couple times, Paul is the better fervent since Paul's 5 > Kidd's 4.

K.

Nope. Jason Kidd didn't make one all defensive team UNTIL HE GOT TO PHX. Which was 1998-1999. Gary Payton was on the ALL DEFENSIVR 1st team from 1994-2002. Two of those years....he SHARED with Jkidd.

So no, what you posted is not factual at all. Pure lies.

Secondly, you said only Cp3's family considered him a great defender...when In fact....the entire NBA did. Again, you're wrong. You dudes aren't playing won't facts here. Just spitballing and adding emojis.

:rofl:. K

Because early Kidd in Dallas didn't beat out Seattle's Gary Payton a couple times, Paul is the better fervent since Paul's 5 > Kidd's 4.

K.

Nope. Jason Kidd didn't make one all defensive team UNTIL HE GOT TO PHX. Which was 1998-1999. Gary Payton was on the ALL DEFENSIVR 1st team from 1994-2002. Two of those years....he SHARED with Jkidd.

So no, what you posted is not factual at all. Pure lies.

Secondly, you said only Cp3's family considered him a great defender...when In fact....the entire NBA did. Again, you're wrong. You dudes aren't playing won't facts here. Just spitballing and adding emojis.

:rofl:. K

The entire NBA?

Who votes for All-defensive team?

Here's a hint. Its the same people that just made him the 29th Greatest player in NBA history despite not playing in Conference Finals yet.

Last edited:
I'm well aware of Kidds defensive prowess. First of all, we were talking about "prime Jason Kidd". Secondly, I could see Cp3 in a similar role to Jkidd in four years where his role is to be a facilitator and strong perimeter defender. He's perfectly capable of that.

Y'all out here acting like cp3 isn't WIDELY known as one of the best defenders at his position. Everything backs it up. Stats, accolades, eye test, even advanced stats. Y'all were clowning KD for letting cp3 lock him up. Dude can defend with the best of them. Again, it's widely known.
You're really going to discredit cp3's all defensive selections when he was finishing at the top in MVP votings, leading the league in steals 6 times...4 years straight...and compare THAT to Kobe making the all star game this year?

Pure stupidity.
kidd was big and could guard bigger dudes. no one said cp was a bad defender. hes a good defender  just overrated in a sense. he gets a lot of steals,  but hes really undersized , and that puts him at a huge  disadvantage .he is  not the defender you seem to think he is. we've seen him get exposed plenty of times. hes not a shut down defender in any sense of the word. and i already told you , all defensive teams mean little. kobe got  plenty off reputation in years where his d was horrible. . 

Last edited:
No matter how we twist it, in no way is cp3 a better defender than kidd. Not saying he's James harden, but kidd wins that category.

That's not "twisting" it though. What I'm saying are legit facts man. I said Cp3 is a slightly better defender than prime J Kidd. The facts point to that. The accolades do. They eye tests do. I lived thru that era and watched both. They match up. It's really not a crazy statement at all.

The entire NBA?

Who votes for All-defensive team?

Here's a hint. Its the same people that just made him the 29th Greatest player in NBA history despite not playing in Conference Finals yet.

So defensive accolades aren't credible now? Ard man.

That's not "twisting" it though. What I'm saying are legit facts man. I said Cp3 is a slightly better defender than prime J Kidd. The facts point to that. The accolades do. They eye tests do. I lived thru that era and watched both. They match up. It's really not a crazy statement at all.

What facts point to CP3 being a better defender?

kidd was big and could guard bigger dudes. no one said cp was a bad defender. hes a good defender  just overrated in a sense. he gets a lot of steals,  but hes really undersized , and that puts him at a huge  disadvantage .he is  not the defender you seem to think he is. we've seen him get exposed plenty of times. hes not a shut down defender in any sense of the word. and i already told you , all defensive teams mean little. kobe got  plenty off reputation in years where his d was horrible. . 

Cp3 can guard bigger dudes at well. Because he's strong as an ox. Kobe called him a fire hydrant. His reputation on that end is known. I can't believe cp3 being considered a good defender is foreign to you guys. Seriously. Cp3s accolades on the defensive end have been backed up by stats and the eye test. In the bball community. It's seriously widely known he's a great defender. Especially a few years ago. His defensive accolades were well deserved. Def not what kind got. Y'all won't read the article or watch the video because of inherent bias....but why not :lol:.

http://grantland.com/features/department-of-defense/

i saw the first minute of that video and i all i saw was steals. exactly what i said he gets lots of steals. way more to defense then getting steals.hes a good defender , he plays good team d but he overrated in that you hyping him up like he shuts dudes down.   just like deandre was first team all defense last year cause he gets alot of cool blocks. 

kidd played better all around d. 

Last edited:
I don't think most logical people are saying he's a bad defender. We are just saying, seeing kid and all, kidd was the better defender.

i saw the first minute of that video and i all i saw was steals. exactly what i said he gets lots of steals. way more to defense then getting steals. just like deandre was first team all defense last year cause he gets alot of cool blocks. 

But you would only watch a minute. The first steal was a hustle play. The second was him rotating over from the weak side P&R to break up the play. The 3rd play was an on ball steal off a switch where KD thought he had a mismatch. You see what you want. That's literally what happened. He's great at doubling, communicating, fighting over screens, recovering, anticipating etc. You see what you want man. Dude is widely known as one of the best pgs to defend his position.

kidd was a triple double threat like every night . and played shut down defense. .   you really trying to argue cp is better.  really ? jason kidd only has like 100 more triple doubles then cp. 

Last edited:
But you would only watch a minute. The first steal was a hustle play. The second was him rotating over from the weak side P&R to break up the play. The 3rd play was an on ball steal off a switch where KD thought he had a mismatch. You see what you want. That's literally what happened. He's great at doubling, communicating, fighting over screens, recovering, anticipating etc. You see what you want man. Dude is widely known as one of the best pgs to defend his position.
cp got help from the double team on kd on every play. you make it seem like it was cp and durant straight up  every play. go watch those games again. 
you said he shuts dudes down. there was no evidence of what i saw that he shut anyone down. he gets a lot of steals and has a knack for finding the ball that doesnt mean hes a shut down defender. 

Back
Top Bottom