the end of an era :: social study is closing its doors

First... who peed in Billy Jacobs aka No one knows this dudes name.

second.... How can anyone who is ON a message board tell others to go do something ELSE with his time when EVERY POST they have used was utilized IN THISTHREAD? Wouldn't that be a Contradiction? You are here talking to us lower seed fools who know nothing about anything... lol

SS Closes
Cmon is poo poo. Altho their doors are still open and they are paying rent
DC Major and Major DC are two different things...altho I SWEAR I see the same logo popping up on my FB page.
First UD is young.
Next Kev is soft with his Sig even tho he's using his full name
Then this Billy Donovan dude is single handedly just serving every member up with the utmost history lessons and ciphers

Whoa. The New King is here eh?

All Hail Mum-Rah!!!!

A great store and this post just got negative based on one person take. Social Study was there before Major and Commonwealth and paved the way for alot ofstores to create bigger and better models of the boutique concept in the area. Personally I support all these local stores because making that move to NY justbecame tiresome. There are strength in numbers, thats one reason why NY and LA got the sneaker/streetwear game on lock. They are exporting a local area cultureworlwide thru fashion but we are still on some crabs in the barrel mentality in a great time of oppurnity. Once again, Social Study was a great store and I amsure they will be back. I think they are keeping the space. Support Commonwealtrh and Major because Lord knows I am not trying to be all over Brodaway and inSoho again.

Goooooooooooooooooooood night.. $20 bones?

What happens to everything that isnt sold?

Damn.

I wasn't planning on hitting the road until later this evening.

They'll be closed 'bout time I get up 270 FTL...

I hate them too they copped all the Garnetts or Penny's too. Power moves.
Destination were you the dude from Columbia?

I am from Columbia but I wasn't in today. I was there a couple days ago. If you're talking about today then nah it wasn't me but it was probably myboy Brady who's also on here.

For real.. as the youngins say in the other threads... any dudes who went to S.S. and got some $20 deals......

Pics?

Im dying to know what I missed out on.

Best of luck to the Social Study family in all of their future endeavors...I wish I could have made it out one last time. I am surprised to hear thateverything was $20 today. I figured an ebay store would be popping up to liquidate the remaining inventory.

Hopefully they can regroup and open back up soon...I still remember when I first heard there was boutiques in MD

how did I miss this *++*?!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Anyways...

Nevr got a chance to go there...

Always wanted to tho

best of luck to the owners and who ever was involved in there success

Originally Posted by RStansbury

Originally Posted by iCan

copped a few items. $720 retail. spent $120.
Wow! Did they still have a good bit of inventory on hand?

i got there around 2ish and the store was BARE...

picked these up and some apparel. both aj and april was there.

IMG00004-20100102-1157.jpg

the velvet lounge which is next door to social study will take over the space. same ownership, but no more social study.

Originally Posted by iCan

the velvet lounge which is next door to social study will take over the space. same ownership, but no more social study.
That should be really wild.

The setup there is already nice as is.

Nice ACGs...

@tactus. yup. that was me.

@rock. NONE of these shoes are for me. maybe the ace joints..but the rest arent.

Back
Top Bottom