The English Premier League Fantasy Soccer Thread 2012-2013

300px-Premier_League.svg.jpg

Gentlemen, it's that time again...

I have already taken the time to setup the league.

If you have not joined yet, the link is: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

The join code is: 43600-14851

The name of the league is The Old Onion Bag.

If anyone is weary about staying anonymous, just type in whatever screen name you want for your name under the "My Account" link, instead of using your real name.

Please bear in mind, that you have up to to Aug 18 2012 to make as many Free Transfers as you like (because of late transfers in the league).

So far we have quite a few folks who have joined:

Amakhosi
L4L
Serioso
AS Shirley Park
Patrick
Splash FC
Super Mario FC
TRONIC
Zombie FC
Legionnaires
Joyce Manor

I don't know how you guys feel about it, but I was thinking that as soon as Game Week 1 starts, I'll close entries, so that we all started on the same week on a level playing field. Let me know if you're not down with that idea.

If for some reason you're having any trouble, instructions are as follows:

Go to "http://fantasy.premierleague.com/", sign up and make your account.

Once you've made your team. Look at the bar on top that says "HOME" "MY TEAM" "TRANSFERS"

or Goto "http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/"

Click on "Leagues"

Click on Join League

Highlight "Private League"

Click "Next" and paste in the code (43600-14851).

Good luck gentlemen...

Advice for Newbies:

-Spread your team cash wisely.
-Big clubs don't always perform, ESPECIALLY on derby days.
-Small clubs often have insane little games that end in 4-1 that we don't pay attention to.
-If you really need to click on the "Scout" tab and get some pointers on who's been looking in-form.

In. 'Arsenal Won a Trophy' is me. Looking to take that top spot after finishing runner-up in the playoffs last year.

Last edited:
[Jim Jones]GOOOOOOOONIIIIIIIIIIIIIESSSSSS![/Jim Jones]

Last edited:
is there a way to change my team name? I entered Patrick and hit enter thinking it was gonna say not available -_-

is there a way to change my team name? I entered Patrick and hit enter thinking it was gonna say not available -_-

Great to see so many people already joining. Damn, I thought there was going to be like 5 or 6 of us.

Sorry my dude, I had a look around, it looks like Patrick FC will remain, Patrick FC lol

Is it bad to have players from different teams in my starting line up together, if they face each other that week?

Super Mario FC no doubt
pimp.gif

team is mostly french players, Balotelli and Szcksesyzcksyskeyszcv

Is it bad to have players from different teams in my starting line up together, if they face each other that week?
Maybe. Like, if I had Rooney and Aguero on my team, that's fine because they wont be affected by the other doing well. But if I had Rooney and, say, Kompany, and I expect Rooney to score twice and get an assist, that's bad for Vincent.

Each week you'll get at least one free transfer, so you can switch out someone if you think it'll go poorly for them. Planning ahead is key to winning some games.

I do that all the time.

but because I play a long term game. Sometimes I know my defenders will take the L today, but next week they wont, so it's all good. I save up on FT's so that when I really need them, I can use them.

Back
Top Bottom