The fall of basketball shorts.

BFF

Jordan’s not bringing it like they were and LeBron quit dropping shorts altogether, as a big man ball shorts have always been a casual staple as well as gym fare, sad to see the days of thick, long ball shorts with casual appeal gone, all I can find in that category is bottom feeders now.

[/rant]

Jordan’s not bringing it like they were and LeBron quit dropping shorts altogether, as a big man ball shorts have always been a casual staple as well as gym fare, sad to see the days of thick, long ball shorts with casual appeal gone, all I can find in that category is bottom feeders now.

[/rant]
I actually think there’s more hoop short and similar type of shorts (workout shorts) options than ever

But if you need the 90s style baggy shorts that go halfway down your calves there’s prob limited options lol

[/rant]
Closest ive worn for gym/casual use last couple years have been the Dri-FIT Icon Shorts, believe they also come in Tall sizes as well but would have to check.
They are basic without designs and are definitely not thick but get the job done never the less.
But you know agendas gotta be pushed so theyre trying to get men in booty shorts.

Last edited:

[/rant]
I was away from hoopin for the last ten years. I recently got back into playing and almost felt out of place with my 90s long baggies. All these kids are wearing the tighties that we hated wearing for our school teams back in the day.

Wild to me we hated the nut huggers growing up in the 80s and early 90s did anything to make shorts longer. Then we finally got baggy shorts because of MJ. Then fab 5 came and shorts turned into joggers. My 2003 or so shorts were basically pants.

Today nut huggers are back. Wild. Miss me with that.

I thought it was just me not being able to find good Nike shorts. Seems I wasn’t alone.

my favorite bball shorts of all time was And1's initial run of thick mesh shorts
nice quality, loose fitting, but not too long

I wore nut huggers in middle and high school basketball. I will never do that again.

I have always been a longer short kind of guy, 11 inch inseam. My favorite ever were the Jordan cat scratch from about 15 years ago which the Cincinnati Bearcats basketball team is now wearing again.

Available currently, the NIKE icon is an awesome short to wear.

My middle school gym teacher use to wear "sweat shorts"

He had a yellow front tooth.
****** thought it was gold but itvwas just tartar

We use to call him "Juvie Tooth" or "Juvie"

Closest ive worn for gym/casual use last couple years have been the Dri-FIT Icon Shorts, believe they also come in Tall sizes as well but would have to check.
These have been my staples, just about the only Nike/Jordan option with 11” inseams.

Links for anyone interested:

The old one, marked down with limited sizing

The new one

I wore nut huggers in middle and high school basketball. I will never do that again.

I have always been a longer short kind of guy, 11 inch inseam. My favorite ever were the Jordan cat scratch from about 15 years ago which the Cincinnati Bearcats basketball team is now wearing again.

Available currently, the NIKE icon is an awesome short to wear.

I think right now I’m a 7-9 inch inseam shorts guy. I like them to be about 2 inches above my knee cap. If I wear anything shorter, I’ll wear 3/4 length tights under.

Something like this. Not too tight or too baggy either. Just regular I guess lol

Attachments

• IMG_5088.jpeg
    IMG_5088.jpeg
    396.1 KB · Views: 143

Since I saw JB return to Cincy and the team wearing the 90s unis again, I’ve been checking the Bearcats’ Team Store periodically for those shorts. They seem to have everything on there but those smh…

As far as shorts length, I’ve adapted to the tiny short wave since I started back playing a few years ago. Much less of a nuisance than the shorts of the 00s/early 10s, and I also wear them for flag football practice/games.

Got a good number of team-issued/promo sample shirts off the net over the years. Managed to scoop a good number of team shorts from discount department stores throughout my work travels across the country. Those are the ones that come in handy for the casual and knock-around wear lol

Back
Top Bottom