The Fishing Thread, ANY ANGLERS ON NT ?!

I was debating on if this should go in the Sports forum, but I feel as though fishing is more of a hobby than a sport for most people.

We can post pictures of our recent catches here, share some local spots for some of us who live in the same areas as others, talk about set ups, rods, lures, baits, etc.

Was hoping that we could have a successful fishing thread if there are any fellow anglers out there on NT.. I just got handed down an old setup from my Grandpa and bought my license. Went fishing out by Lake Berryessa here in California yesterday, apparently they just opened the dam so all the fish are messed up from the increased water flow speed.

I usually go for Striped Bass, but I want to start fishing for Largemouth bass also. Don't know of any good places out here though besides the Sacramento river. (Mainly Salmon and Striped Bass there though), what about you NT?

Amateur level here. Can't take it seriously until my girl stops insisting on coming along 
30t6p3b.gif

About to get my freshwater license so I can go mess around in the lakes around here (RI).
Any tips for a beginner?

I love fishing mane its the best thing smoking in the south I'll post pics of my last trip a few Saturdays ago.

strictly saltwater.

few pics caught trolling on my boat. don't have pics of the marlins i caught but posted them in WDYWT back then.

few of my best catches with a spinner.

I was gonna say it used to be one dude on here who always had awesome fishing pics...but I think that's him above 
laugh.gif
  I haven't been fishing in awhile, but I'm looking forward to crabbing this season on the east coast....blue crabs are back and plentiful. 
smokin.gif
nerd.gif

just went out today with my dad off of jones beach on long island. Was miserable out and every boat around 5 miles of us were all on the radio for any life being caught. Nothing. the sea was dead. Maybe because of that moon tide we had .

been fishing once but all it was small fish and a stingray kept getting hooked on everybody's reel

Igo night fishing alot for catfish in the Mississippi. I don't know where my pics are though. Smh. I've got a few crazy catches in there. Monster carp too.

This is a great thread...i plan on fishing a lot this summer..are there any NT'ers that have fished in the chesapeake?

Yo spizike, I've always wanted to go fishing for stripers, what your set up catching them? what kind of bait do you use? sandworms?bloodworms?dines? I'm not really failure with fishing in the sac river, but I'm think bout heading to Garcia Bend or Sac Port one these days and hopefully catch a striper or two. I do most of my fishing in the ocean for like crabs, rock/lingcods, perch etc...

Originally Posted by K Town Trash

i read this as fisting thread
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
almost made me laugh out loud in class!

im from the bay as well, and fishing sucks here
ohwell.gif
, or im just bad at it

water is warming up so ill def be copping my license sometime soon..

I must have gone fishing les than 4 times last year (wasted a year pass) and 2 year ago i caught a rainbrow trout in livermore while trotting the boat

Im pretty close to the stevens creek reservoir, so i go there often, but its pretty hard to catch anything there

i use an ugly stik for freshwater ponds and rivers... mostly blue gill and catfish but it's a pretty chill activity. Using hotdogs as bait is a good choice.
dream fish to try and catch one day: white sturgeon

I used to regularly with my grandfather when I was younger have been since probably middle school. I'm gonna get my license soon and get back into it.

Someone post pics of their rigs and set ups. Makes me wanna break out my gear. The kids are now getting old enough to take fishing.

Originally Posted by senor chang

Yo spizike, I've always wanted to go fishing for stripers, what your set up catching them? what kind of bait do you use? sandworms?bloodworms?dines? I'm not really failure with fishing in the sac river, but I'm think bout heading to Garcia Bend or Sac Port one these days and hopefully catch a striper or two. I do most of my fishing in the ocean for like crabs, rock/lingcods, perch etc...
Went out to the river today to go talk to some of the fishermen out there. Met a really cool older guy with a Marine hat on, there must have been 10 people out with their lines out in about a 30-40 yard radius.

I just got rigged today with the regular leader setup, bought some weights too but my rod can only throw 2 oz... according to the guy I talked to, they're mainly using anchovies/sardines or pile worms at the spot i picked out. Current is too strong to use lure or anything so I was a little bummed out cause I've been wanting to go lure fishing. Hopefully when I go to Berryessa.
wink.gif

Probably gonna go hit it up sometime this week again depending on how school goes.

As for the thread, I'm happy to see some people in here contributing
pimp.gif
Let's see some setups. I'll post pics of mine later if I have time.

It's a 8'6" Lamiglas with Shimano reel. Not quite sure about the specifics on the reel though, but I have a braided line with a new setup going that I can't wait to try out.

264801_107287959363658_100002473641900_62774_5010544_n.jpg

I know the fish is tiny but I was pumped because it was like 30 degrees out
laugh.gif

Dope pics Stuntman Mike
pimp.gif

I'm moving to Asia in six months and want to get some kit for freshwater river fishing. Any advice?

Originally Posted by WE GET MONEY

I know the fish is tiny but I was pumped because it was like 30 degrees out
laugh.gif

Dope pics Stuntman Mike
pimp.gif

I'm moving to Asia in six months and want to get some kit for freshwater river fishing. Any advice?

eek.gif
30 degrees out?
laugh.gif
I thought I was doing a lot by going out into the woods by Lake Berryessa in 80 degrees weather, wearing a sweater to protect from ticks and poison oak. You caught though, I didn't.
pimp.gif

Was out at Garcia bend for the first time from 1-4pm today and was skunked. Not even a nibble all day. Talked to a few fishermans by where we were fishing and no one catch anything. It was pretty much a slow day. Saw this 300 or so pound sea lion roaming back and forth by where we were fishing. Probably scared off all the fishes. Was using a hi lo rig, size 4 hooks on filet frozen sardines. I think I'm going to use ghost shrimp or blood worms next time.

I'll post a few pics tomorrow of my set ups. Here are a few of my fish.

Cobia caught on jig from a pier while sight fishing :

so0imf.jpg

Vermilion Snapper and a  big *%% Banded Rudderfish boat trip:
110iyid.jpg

Mangrove Snapper(Not my catch just really liked this pic I took. They are easy as hell to catch andyou usually get your limit quick.):
2lxds7l.jpg

Rarely fish freshwater, but when I can't make it out on the boat or pier I try. My biggest bass so far I wear a size 10 for refrence:
281dfy8.jpg

Originally Posted by WE GET MONEY

Look into snake head fishing. I know they are all over Asia. We have them down here in South Fl and they are a blast to catch on top water lures.

Back
Top Bottom