The Fishing Thread, ANY ANGLERS ON NT ?!

So true. Man I wish we had more bass in my area. I love how hard those things fight, and you’re always catching the monsters!

I probably like smallmouth bass more that trout tbh, they go crazy especially the big ones.

You guys got the nice scenic rivers though. I’m fishing the Mississippi which is dirty af stepping over dead cats and snagging trash. :lol:

What’d ya catch him on

The only LMB I’ve caught was on a top water frog :pimp:

It was so awesome seeing that top water bite but I never was able to dial down a consistent way to catch em

Have heard of many different ways but never get anything on the line when I tried em.

That’s a smallie but lmb go hard too.

Top water is where it’s at when it’s warm enough. That’s sick you caught your only one on a frog. It’s actually an art to frogging.

I’ve been going hard on the plastic swim baits lately. They work well and when I loose one idc they are cheap.

This on a swim jig head is lethal, all the bass boys are gravitating to swim baits on jig heads now.

1713217498382.jpeg

:smh: Messing up my species quick glancing while working

Thanks for the tip maybe I’ll pick one up

Spent a good few weeks figuring out how to get my frog to dance across the water, the speed and timing, etc. I think towards the end I got 2 bites. Missed the first one but the second one I set that hook and mannnn it was a blast

My hookup ratio on the frog is trash man. :lol:

Yeah just get some of those zman diesel minnows and a swim jig head. I use that one in the pics and a shad color. They both go hard and will catch anything that’s biting.

I went out yesterday and threw the frog around for a bit to get the feel of things again, wife came with me and read one of her lil **** books on the bank of the pond

Before leaving I got her on some bluegill and we had some fun with some easy fishing

Enjoying the nice days while I have em

my wife isn't banned. I just go fishing solo because I never plan anything and tbh I get pretty rugged so not everyone is up for it.

my wife isn't banned. I just go fishing solo because I never plan anything and tbh I get pretty rugged so not everyone is up for it.
Imagining taking my wife to the mountains I usually go fishing at sounds like a nightmare.

4AM wake up time, hour long drive, hiking all day and treacherous terrain. I can hear her complaining now :lol:

Imagining taking my wife to the mountains I usually go fishing at sounds like a nightmare.

4AM wake up time, hour long drive, hiking all day and treacherous terrain. I can hear her complaining now :lol:

that's exactly what I mean.

I actually took my wife hiking where I fish for trout a lot, I don't think she ever wants to go back.

lots of snakes, she got a tick in her hair and she's deathly afraid of mountain lions for some reason. guess what was ****ting all over the trail? a mountain lion. :lol:

if it's something less treacherous it's better.

Having a child definitely changes my fishing. Can’t wait till he’s old enough to tag along.
ha! i def missed out on a bunch of seasons cause of both kids but it’s all good. my son could fight a fish proper from when he was 5 though. doesn’t reel when the drag is pulling out and has a smooth lift up, crank down motion. proud dad for sure 😂

Speaking of corporate fishing :lol:

I’ve never done this before but I always see the old timers at the lake posted up with a 30 pack of Busch light, some sigs, and a cooler for a chair. I think they post up and drink all day.

Well it’s finally nice out, so I brought the homie his own setup and we’re here for the long haul. Feels weird not being active. Got me out here using something called a bobber?
IMG_4071.jpeg

Def got buzzed. Didn’t catch anything. They had some sort of university rowing event going on. Maybe too much activity scared off the bite? I only saw 1 other person reel in 1 fish while I was there. Still had fun though

Back
Top Bottom