The Flash (CW Series) thread, season 9

Zoom in the comic books is Hunter Zolomon...

I'm sticking with what I said a few pages back...

Hunter on E1 was dude on the bench
Hunter on E2 is Zoom
Jay on E1 is dude behind the iron mask
Jay on E2 was the one that "died"

Waiting for the roll bread when they reveal its a completely new character

I think it's Jay from another earth. It's crazy that Zoom was a different version of him. I didn't know Zoom's backstory from the comics, but I do remember Hunter Zolomon from the bench on earth 1 a few episodes back.

Last edited:
Zoom in the comic books is Hunter Zolomon...

I'm sticking with what I said a few pages back...

Hunter on E1 was dude on the bench
Hunter on E2 is Zoom
Jay on E1 is dude behind the iron mask
Jay on E2 was the one that "died"

So there's 2 sets of twins who happen to be identical?

Too many jays. They should give caitlin that dr manhattan to silk spectre kind of work.

This guy explains basically what we've been talking about the last few pages

Don't watch if you haven't watched the last episode

Considering Jay's flashback and relationship with Wells it seems fairly clear that he's the Flash from Earth-2, who may or may not have just died.

He then researched Hunter Zolomon and found an entire backstory for him. So it also seems that apart from Zoom a Hunter Zolomon definitely existed on Earth-1.

You've then got Zoom who until the incident at the end of Season 1 never appeared on Earth-1, but had been terrorizing Earth-2 for some time, who at the least has the face of Jay Garrick/Hunter Zolomon. Seeing how they've just been throwing all these Reverse Flash ideas into the pot so far I wouldn't be surprised if it does all come down to different sets of twins on both Earths.

Watched the mid season 1 episode where he time traveled and it's still one of the best cb tv show eps of all time. It was then immediately followed by one of the worst :lol:. Cheesy *** snart, a gold gun, and cringe worthy Barry.

Last edited:
Any time they do a big ep important to the plot of the season they always follow it up with the worst kind of filler.

I guess it's cuz they're doing like 20 eps a season but they can never have a strong plotted out season like other shows on cable that have 1--15 eps a season.

Assuming Barry finally gets Iris yambs at the end of this season and beats Zoom through the power of love, how will Season 3 advance / who'll be the next villain?

Last edited:

Assuming Barry finally gets Iris yambs at the end of this season and beats Zoom through the power of love, how will Season 3 advance / who'll be the next villain?

Grodd.
Passed my mind before I posted but I can't see a whole season revolving around a cgi Gorilla.

They won't get that budget. Not sure CW has that budget. They seem to evenly spread among all their popular shows.

Yeah but that'd be a bit freestyling it without a main villain.

Yup, that's why I'm not sure why they introduced Zoom so quick since that's Wally's main villain
Well I don't think Wally is ever gonna be THE Flash or a long time hero on this show taking over for Barry. Eventually I see him dying or running off to another city or being lost in the future or on another Earth.

So as far as the comics go and Wally's long tenure I'm betting all of his villains will end up Barry's villains for this show.

Last edited:
Passed my mind before I posted but I can't see a whole season revolving around a cgi Gorilla.

They won't get that budget. Not sure CW has that budget. They seem to evenly spread among all their popular shows.
It was already announced. 
​“I would liken the Gorilla City thing to Ra’s al Ghul. You know, you hear about “the man from nanda part” in [Arrow] Season 1, and “the man who showed Malcolm the way,” and then you met Nyssa, then in Season 3 you met Ra’s. So, it’s a long-term thing.”

Grodd isn't interesting enough as a character to carry an entire season. Really don't see why they felt the need to introduce Zoom so quickly when they just had Reverse Flash in season 1 anyways.

It was already announced. 
​“I would liken the Gorilla City thing to Ra’s al Ghul. You know, you hear about “the man from nanda part” in [Arrow] Season 1, and “the man who showed Malcolm the way,” and then you met Nyssa, then in Season 3 you met Ra’s. So, it’s a long-term thing.”
Damn :smh:

So they gonna spend a bunch of time on Earth 2's Africa in Gorilla City?

I was never a big fan of this villain in general but there's nothing special about the tv version. I'm still assuming there's not gonna be A LOT of cgi Grodd on screen the way it was for Zoom.

Back
Top Bottom