The Flash officially coming back to TV after 20+ years!

The CW Considering TV Series for The Flash
by Spencer Perry

Deadline is reporting that The CW is considering bringing another DC hero to television and it is none other than The Flash. The site says that Arrow writers Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg, along with DC Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns, would write the pilot based on the character. It is rumored that the character could make an apperance in the upcoming season of Arrow before running off into his own series. The CW is expected to talk more about the idea later today at their Television Critics Association panel.

The Flash isn't the only DC hero that The CW is considering for a TV series as a Wonder Woman show titled "Amazon" has been in development for over a year.

Last edited:
I'd watch. Hope it comes to fruition.

CW/WB never goes through with stuff like this though for some reason . . . remember we were supposed to have Bruce Wayne and Aquaman TV shows

Wonder if this will have any effect on the Flash and Justice League films we were supposed to get in 2015-2017.

Still tryna catch Season 1 of Arrow on Netflix, I slept on it

Hoping they keep him an adult and not make him a teenager like Smallville, never seen Arrow so IDK if they made Oliver a teen.

Last edited:
They have confirmed it to be about Barry Allen and the series will be an origins story.

He is suppose to have a recurring role in Arrows season 2 and then a tv series will be made of before he got to be in Arrow.

Also...

The Hollywood Reporter has added in their report that Greg Berlanti is still developing a big screen version of The Flash for a 2016 release. He will apparently direct the movie and write it alongside Chris Brancato, Michael Green, Geoff Johns and Marc Guggenheim.

Last edited:
Used to run around the house as a kid pretending to be the flash. I'll definitely watch.

My only question is... Who can fight Flash?

When they started using actual science to explain dudes superpowers, Flash's speed is so great and the force of his punches so powerful he can kill dudes instantly before they even realize dude has already clapped their shoulders.

Flash isn't really invulnerable, he can still die from a bullet wound. His powers help him heal faster but he is still vulnerable like a regular person so even though can run 100mph and hit you with the punch, his hand (and likely whole arm) will be broken from the impact itself. This has been inconsistent in the comic though but at the end of the day, he is still a hero and killing isn't the first option.

There have been plenty of way to stop him though and he has a rogue gallery of tricky villains. There are also plenty of smart villains that can time and predict where he'll be like Deathstroke. Then there is Professor Zoom who can run as fast him.

CW is struggling for new shows. Seems like DC characters are their go-to options.

My man... Cant wait!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
If that's your tattoo, then marry me! 

I would watch this show religiously! You don't even want to know how much Flash merchandise I own...

THE FLASH Will Have His Classic Costume In New CW Series; More Details Revealed

In a conference call earlier today about CW's upcoming take on The Flash, it was confirmed that Barry Allen will feature in three episodes of Arrow, starting with eight and nine (both of which will take place in Starling City). However, he will later return for number twenty and it will be that which offers fans their first look at his world, thereby serving as a backdoor pilot for his own series.

"When we first meet Barry Allen, he's just a forensic scientist...an ordinary man," Kreisberg confirmed, adding that the character and series will be grounded in the same reality as Arrow.

"Part of the fun for the audience is to see how we view our Arrow take on the Flash legacy. Some of it will feel very familiar to DC Comics, some of it hopefully will feel different, fresh and exciting. The same way we approached Arrow is the same way we're approaching Barry."

As for how they are going about introducing a superpowered character to the realistic world of Arrow, Kreisberg was quick to point out that they've already thought of that and have something planned which will fit in tonally with what's come before.

"There will be extraordinary events in the world and the characters will react in the same way. The fact he has superpowers, there's something more relatable about Barry among of the Big Seven of the Justice League. He got his powers by accident; he's not a god, he's not an alien...his reactions to that feel very...human and grounded."

Geoff Johns was also on hand to answer questions and had this to say about this interpretation of Barry.

"We're also exploring a very personal story for Barry, life as forensic scientist and the people around him, the tragedies and how he deals with them in a very different way than Oliver Queen."

He would later add that they're still working on how Barry's powers will be portrayed, but it won't be just "blurring around." It was also confirmed that The Flash will have his classic costume, with Kreisberg saying:

"No sweat suits or strange code names; he will be The Flash. We want to do something fresh, new and exciting and give people a real cinematic experience the same way we did with Arrow."

:smokin lol flash has been my dude forever go into the street fighter thread my name is flash house in the gaming world.........people don't realize how dope he is he can go into your body and rip out your heart before u even realize the fight started....

:smokin lol flash has been my dude forever go into the street fighter thread my name is flash house in the gaming world.........people don't realize how dope he is he can go into your body and rip out your heart before u even realize the fight started....he had all of the justice league shook at the thought of him going rogue, and dont even get me started on when superman tried to stop him and he nearly killed him with one touch but decide to pull back

THE FLASH Will Have His Classic Costume In New CW Series; More Details Revealed

In a conference call earlier today about CW's upcoming take on The Flash, it was confirmed that Barry Allen will feature in three episodes of Arrow, starting with eight and nine (both of which will take place in Starling City). However, he will later return for number twenty and it will be that which offers fans their first look at his world, thereby serving as a backdoor pilot for his own series.

"When we first meet Barry Allen, he's just a forensic scientist...an ordinary man," Kreisberg confirmed, adding that the character and series will be grounded in the same reality as Arrow.

"Part of the fun for the audience is to see how we view our Arrow take on the Flash legacy. Some of it will feel very familiar to DC Comics, some of it hopefully will feel different, fresh and exciting. The same way we approached Arrow is the same way we're approaching Barry."

As for how they are going about introducing a superpowered character to the realistic world of Arrow, Kreisberg was quick to point out that they've already thought of that and have something planned which will fit in tonally with what's come before.

"There will be extraordinary events in the world and the characters will react in the same way. The fact he has superpowers, there's something more relatable about Barry among of the Big Seven of the Justice League. He got his powers by accident; he's not a god, he's not an alien...his reactions to that feel very...human and grounded."

Geoff Johns was also on hand to answer questions and had this to say about this interpretation of Barry.

"We're also exploring a very personal story for Barry, life as forensic scientist and the people around him, the tragedies and how he deals with them in a very different way than Oliver Queen."

He would later add that they're still working on how Barry's powers will be portrayed, but it won't be just "blurring around." It was also confirmed that The Flash will have his classic costume, with Kreisberg saying:

"No sweat suits or strange code names; he will be The Flash. We want to do something fresh, new and exciting and give people a real cinematic experience the same way we did with Arrow."
Glad he's not gonna start out a teenager like Smallville

Back
Top Bottom