The folk music appreciation thread

PLVN

Supporter
Joined Jul 11, 2010
I tried to embed something but it didn't show up.

It was Goat by French for Rabbits.

Joined Mar 10, 2013
Robert Zimmerman aka Bobby Dylan :pimp:. Was supposed to be seeing him for about the seventh time tonight in Tampa but ended up having to travel for work. Everything from Bob Dylan - Bob Dylan through Nashville Skyline is pure gold. Just threw in Another Side of Bob Dylan yesterday actually.

PLVN

Supporter
Joined Jul 11, 2010
I could never get into Dylan.

I think Neil Young made much more interesting and entertaining music.

Joined Mar 10, 2013

To each their own. Neil Young is def appreciated, but for me, Dylan's story telling is second to none, and I love his old sound. 

If you haven't already, check 'The Freewheelin' and 'Bringing It All Back Home.' They're his second and third albums. Both classics. 

Joined Mar 12, 2011

I love both of their music but I'm a bigger Young fan too and I think part of that is how big of an influence he was on some of my favorite bands like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Radiohead, and Sonic Youth.

Joined Mar 10, 2013
Nice to see this thread on page 1. 

I'm planning on picking up the new Time Magazine Bob Dylan edition. 

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now