The Foreign Exchange - Love In Flying Colors Official Thread!!! Sept. 24th!

[COLOR=#red]The 4th studio album by The Foreign Exchange....titled "Love In Flying Colors"
Release date set for Sept. 24, 2013[/COLOR]

View media item 581236

01. If I Knew Then feat. Carmen Rodgers
02. Right After Midnight feat. Sy Smith
03. Better feat. Shana Tucker & Eric Roberson
04. On A Day Like Today
05. Listen To The Rain
06. Call It Home
07. The Moment
08. Can't Turn Around feat. Gwen Bunn
09. Dreams Are Made For Two feat. Carlitta Durand
10. When I Feel Love feat. Jeanne Jolly

[COLOR=#red]I know there are people on this forum that probably like FE more than me so I knew it was only right to create a post about their new album.

1st Single "Call It Home"[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Will be picking up a physical copy of this next week! Phonte has made the transition from singing to rapping look effortless.

Their two follow ups to Connected are sooooooo underrated. 

Good looks OP I wouldn't even have known. 
nthat.gif

Dang, man glad I saw this--- Authenticity was such an amazing album, i swear. And do they put on a live show! Love Phonte's voice.... love, love, love.

I plan on picking up the physical copy when it drops next Tuesday.  I slept on FE for a while, but I like their material.

[COLOR=#red]Long Version of 1st Single...."Call It Home/Pity"[/COLOR]

Last edited:
leave it all behind has been one of the best albums ive ever heard
def will get this one

[COLOR=#red]Welp! The time is NOW!!! The New album is available to purchase on iTunes. Please remember to go and support! I just copped and it's sounding good. Only 7.99 folks. [/COLOR]

Love this review from allmusic. Not sure enough people realize FE is building an all time classic discography of r&b music.

Review by Andy Kellman [-]

The title of the fourth Foreign Exchange album is so corny that the back cover might as well show Nicolay and Phonte, together with their dozen-plus associates, leaping over an airstrip with ear-to-ear grins. Once the serene strings on the closing "When I Feel Love" fade out, it's clear the title is absolutely descriptive, as the prevailing mood deeply contrasts with that of the racked Authenticity. If there is a bridge between the two albums, it's third track "Better," in which Phonte rhymes matrimony with acrimony and sings of being healed. Second to that is chamber folk-soul ballad "Listen to the Rain," where Phonte is overwhelmed, "lost inside this pain," but that segues into the speedy drum'n'bass ballad "Call It Home," where the spirit starts to lift and turbulence is counteracted with optimism: "Sunny days are rare/But I'd follow you almost anywhere." Otherwise, from "Feels so good, love's flying high" -- Carmen Rodgers' invigorated chorus on opener "If I Knew Then" -- to the blissful duet finale featuring Jeanne Jolly, Love in Flying Colors is about the rush and delight of falling in love. As usual, almost all of the instrumentation is performed by Nicolay. The uptempo tracks of his City Lights, Vol. 2 were something of a warning flare, though the bright synthesizer-laced grooves here are a little funkier and more musical. "Right After Midnight" is prime modern boogie, while "The Moment," the best track Blaze never made, is soulful house hotter than +FE Music: The Reworks highlight "So What If It Is." Phonte, who has developed into an exceptional singer, is supported by several co-lead and background vocalists used in a variety of imaginative ways. Each guest appearance is worthy of mention, but Gwen Bunn's entry -- for the last verse of broken beat throwback "Can't Turn Around" -- adds a jolt like no other. In 2013, it takes a certain level of bravery to make R&B this open-hearted, joyous, and musical. U.K. acts like 4hero, New Sector Movements, and Bugz in the Attic were doing it in the early 2000s, but none of them put it together quite like this, in one concentrated shot, with the songwriting on the same high level as the productions and arrangements. This crew is elite.

Album is real good. No complaints at all :nthat:.

Album is definitely a very good listen. I didn't listen to Authencity but this album has a great sound and I like it. Phonte really has grown into a very good singer....vocally he sounds great on this album and the lyrics for most of the songs are strong. I have to give it a few more spins but after one listen it was a very enjoyable listen and looks like it could be their most complete album.

I'm a big FE fan and this album is my favorite. This is pure music right here. Phonte has really grown as an artist. Nicolay is slept on big time. 

I love FE, but it still irks me that Phonte doesn't rap much anymore.  

I don't understand how you can be that good at something, do it for such a short time and then walk away.  

And that isn't a knock on his singing because he's actually pretty good and has gotten A LOT better.  And the new album is great.

But Phonte will forever be LB to me.  Because of that, I can only take FE in small doses because I'm expecting Tigallo to start rapping at any given moment.  
laugh.gif

I love FE, but it still irks me that Phonte doesn't rap much anymore.  

I don't understand how you can be that good at something, do it for such a short time and then walk away.  

And that isn't a knock on his singing because he's actually pretty good and has gotten A LOT better.  And the new album is great.

But Phonte will forever be LB to me.  Because of that, I can only take FE in small doses because I'm expecting Tigallo to start rapping at any given moment.  :lol:

Bruh!

I was like you at one point. But, I remember in 2008 I saw him in that Playaz Circle "Paper Chaser" video and I was like "We done lost Tay to the R&B!" :lol: You just gotta understand that's what he's doing right, if you've listen to his interviews, he's totally switched his direction to the R&B and he'll rap when he feels it's appropriate. If you **** with his rapping, trust you can get fully into this lane too. I listen to all the old LB/JL joints so it's like that rap chapter never ended :lol:

Went by Moods Music down here in Atlanta and picked up this album yesterday. :pimp:

Gonna give a few listens before I give it a good review.

And for those who didn't listen to Authenticity, check it out! JB3, D Brock, and Median were all featured on there. The album is like a play by play of post relationship feelings and thoughts. The Reworks album they put out earlier this year was dope as well. Basically, just a collection of remixes of songs featured on FE Music albums.

Back
Top Bottom