The Graphic Design Thread UPDATE: 1st post filled with info. 2nd with NTer's portfolios.

Anyone got an extra dribbble invite they can send my way? I've been trying to get on there for quite some time but still haven't found anyone to invite me.

The majority of my work is for print based media. While I thoroughly enjoy working in that medium, I've been trying to develop my skills and go through the motions of building interfaces.

I just signed up for DailyUI. Anyone care to join? You are sent a new UI project daily (M-F) via email and the goal is to come up with something and post it via Dribbble, Twitter, IG, etc. It'll be a nice side project and NT as a forum is a great platform to share our work. You can sign up here: http://dailyui.co. Would love to see some engagement here!

Tips on presentation/portfolio layouts for InDesign?

• Build out a grid & stick to it. Make sure you have repeating elements in the same spot so the reader/user knows where to look.
  • Make sure to use high quality photos - If you don't have em, take em. If you aren't confident in your ability to shoot photos, then mock them up in the specific medium they are supposed to represent (on a monitor, on a phone, on a trifold) just make sure that it doesn't take away from your actual design. There are plenty of .psd templates you could use for this.
  • While the final product is important, I find it equally important to show off your process. Initial brainstorms, sketches, variations, rejected work, etc. can all fall under this category.
  • Limit the amount of body copy/text - might be good for somebody looking over it solo (even then, they probably won't read 75% of it), but my assumption is you are presenting the work. If it's yours, you should know the projects inside & out and being able to speak on your rational and design decisions.
  • Double, Triple, and Quadruple Check your spelling. Yeah, you're a designer, but nothing is worse than having typos, spelling errors, and grammatically incorrect sentences. Audience will be quick to judge "attention to detail" - or lack thereof.
  • Have multiple sets of eyes look at it & critique it - cast a wide net and talk to as many people as you can. While some suggestions you can toss pretty quickly, you'll be surprised what good feedback can do for your designs. Feel free to post here, I'll be glad to help & I know others will too.

If this doesn't answer your question specifically, hope somebody can get something out of this.

Tips on presentation/portfolio layouts for InDesign?

• Build out a grid & stick to it. Make sure you have repeating elements in the same spot so the reader/user knows where to look.
  • Make sure to use high quality photos - If you don't have em, take em. If you aren't confident in your ability to shoot photos, then mock them up in the specific medium they are supposed to represent (on a monitor, on a phone, on a trifold) just make sure that it doesn't take away from your actual design. There are plenty of .psd templates you could use for this.
  • While the final product is important, I find it equally important to show off your process. Initial brainstorms, sketches, variations, rejected work, etc. can all fall under this category.
  • Limit the amount of body copy/text - might be good for somebody looking over it solo (even then, they probably won't read 75% of it), but my assumption is you are presenting the work. If it's yours, you should know the projects inside & out and being able to speak on your rational and design decisions.
  • Double, Triple, and Quadruple Check your spelling. Yeah, you're a designer, but nothing is worse than having typos, spelling errors, and grammatically incorrect sentences. Audience will be quick to judge "attention to detail" - or lack thereof.
  • Have multiple sets of eyes look at it & critique it - cast a wide net and talk to as many people as you can. While some suggestions you can toss pretty quickly, you'll be surprised what good feedback can do for your designs. Feel free to post here, I'll be glad to help & I know others will too.

If this doesn't answer your question specifically, hope somebody can get something out of this.
Repped. This really helped with my presentation in class tonight. I have another one Thursday for a group of designers.

Dude. Get rid of that "Creative Engineer" junk.

Personally, I hate industry jargon (i.e. Creative Ninja, Creative master, etc.) to make your title sound cooler than what it really is.

If you're a designer, say that you're a designer and be proud of it.

Personally, I hate industry jargon (i.e. Creative Ninja, Creative master, etc.) to make your title sound cooler than what it really is.

This.

[emoji]128221[/emoji] Yeah that was one thing I was told. I'll work on that this weekend. Semester is over so I'm cranking out projects all summer. Any websites or instagram account3i should look at for inspiration? Sorry for do many questions

[emoji]128221[/emoji] Yeah that was one thing I was told. I'll work on that this weekend. Semester is over so I'm cranking out projects all summer. Any websites or instagram account3i should look at for inspiration? Sorry for do many questions

All good man. Heres a couple of sites I follow.

typeverything.com
designinspiration.net
beautifulinterfaces.com
dribbble.com
baubauhaus.com

Also, shell out $20 and buy a proper domain name for your site.

Make it catchy and/or easy to remember.

firstnamelastname.com is the best if you can swing it.

Good morning fellas,

Was hoping you guys could point me towards a few resources where I can download brush and/or cursive typefaces, preferably for free.

I'm looking to create a few concepts for a modern type-based logo that's reflective of the sneaker/basketball culture for a personal project.

Thanks.

Good morning fellas,

Was hoping you guys could point me towards a few resources where I can download brush and/or cursive typefaces, preferably for free.

I'm looking to create a few concepts for a modern type-based logo that's reflective of the sneaker/basketball culture for a personal project.

Thanks.
you contradicted yourself there buddy. But, i don't really know any sites unfortunately.

Last edited:
Trueee.

Visual/Graphic design was never really my forte lol. Although, I'll admit I should know the difference. Thanks man.

Last edited:
Would anybody be willing to help me come up with a sketch that I could turn into an embroidered custom patch?

I have a basic idea that i sloppy drew out. But I would like so help to turn it into something that could be easily followed to become a patch.

Last edited:
Would anybody be willing to help me come up with a sketch that I could turn into an embroidered custom patch?

I have a basic idea that i sloppy drew out. But I would like so help to turn it into something that could be easily followed to become a patch.

Pm me and we can talk about your idea.

Sup yall

Looking for a graphic design gig again. Anyone have an email I can hit up and show my resume /cv?

I want to get some feedback on my work and resume and see how i can make it better

Back
Top Bottom