The Graphic Design Thread UPDATE: 1st post filled with info. 2nd with NTer's portfolios.

Should i have a spot for testimonials? Or would that be too much on my site?

No. Testimonials, for me, are signs of people trying to make themselves seem better than they actually are.

Your work should speak for itself.

Unless of course the testimonials are funny and ironic, then go for it.

I've been working and internship since the first of the year, getting adjusted to CorelDraw. It's almost like illustrator. Anyone have experience with it?

I've been working and internship since the first of the year, getting adjusted to CorelDraw. It's almost like illustrator. Anyone have experience with it?

Corel Draw?

Get accustomed to the Adobe Creative Suite.

It's the standard in industry.

Even the editors I know are switching from Final Cut Pro to Adobe Premier because of its usability and easy configuration with the rest of the Adobe Creative Suite.

some places its good to know the alternative programs, its def. not a negative.

but yea CS is def the standard 

some places its good to know the alternative programs, its def. not a negative.

but yea CS is def the standard 

True. It's great to always know more.

But always make yourself familiar with anything that's considered industry standard.

Might as well drop my portfolio in here too. Let me know what yall think.

https://www.behance.net/nfynitebbb9

You have good work, but it's lost in the clutter because you uploaded everything you possibly could in an unorganized fashion.

Do yourself a favor and get a Cargo Collective. It's free.

Also, ditch the slide show. Unless it's a video production reel, you don't need a video like that.

As for the work—don't ever show the brand deck. It's cool to have, but someone looking to hire a designer wants to see the work, not the regulations.

Compile your top 8 projects have those be the star of your portfolio:

1) Everything Milkey

2) Everything Cyclops

3) Etc. Etc.

Make the work easy to be seen and appreciated.

Might as well drop my portfolio in here too. Let me know what yall think.

https://www.behance.net/nfynitebbb9
You have good work, but it's lost in the clutter because you uploaded everything you possibly could in an unorganized fashion.

Do yourself a favor and get a Cargo Collective. It's free.

Also, ditch the slide show. Unless it's a video production reel, you don't need a video like that.

As for the work—don't ever show the brand deck. It's cool to have, but someone looking to hire a designer wants to see the work, not the regulations.

Compile your top 8 projects have those be the star of your portfolio:

1) Everything Milkey

2) Everything Cyclops

3) Etc. Etc.

Make the work easy to be seen and appreciated.
Good Looks!!! 

Most of this work is for this portfolio class that I'm currently in. To satisfy the professor, and to get an A on the assignment, we had to upload all of our work from a previous class and continue adding work throughout the course. As soon as this class is over, I'm going to redo this portfolio. Thanks for the tips!  

Stupid question for my graphic design heads. Is PS necessary for creating logos and graphics, or is Illustrator all I need?

Stupid question for my graphic design heads. Is PS necessary for creating logos and graphics, or is Illustrator all I need?
not really necessary, i dont like using PS, i stick to AI as much as i can, but there are some things that you can only do in PS..just depends on what youre tryna do really 

I only use PS to edit a photo really. Stay in Illustrator as much as possible, especially for type. Stay vectored, my fiends.

Looking to start graphic design as a hobby, i am really into cars and want to just draw some designs i have. What programs do you guys recommend ?

Stay vectored...

Once i learned PS I was messing woth it too long and I forgot ai.

Its a struggle now

But....

I know people that paint in PS with wacom tablets and IPAD PROS

check out The Yosemite Suite x DAVID HOCKNEY

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom