The Greatest R&B artist ever...

Robert "your daughters my potty" Kelly. Im at a party for grown folks and realizin a dude of my generation makin timeless music.Step in the name of love is just one of his timeless hits. And wit the current wave of cats, we gotta remember a kellz music bumped then, now and anytime a bunch older heads get together to get twisted.

Originally Posted by HTG Designs

Robert "your daughters my potty" Kelly. Im at a party for grown folks and realizin a dude of my generation makin timeless music.Step in the name of love is just one of his timeless hits. And wit the current wave of cats, we gotta remember a kellz music bumped then, now and anytime a bunch older heads get together to get twisted.

Terrence-Howard-As-Marvin-Gaye.jpg

Was listening to 12 play the other day album is overrated. Theres too many R&B greats for Kellz to be hands down king

just put a ton of kells on my spotify. old stuff though, this new stuff he's putting out is for the birds...

smh r kelly the greatest r&b singer...lol dont make me laugh... step in the name of love timeless? boy oh boy....

can we just close the music forum? or make it something else? this is too much...

Maxwell > R Kelly

Marvin might be the Goat tho damn I bet that man had a lot of classics left
30t6p3b.gif

Can I ask a question?

Pop music by a black guy = considered R&B by society?

With that said, I think Marvin could give Kells a run for his money.

If we're talkin longevity, catelouge, ability to diversify and change w/ the times, Kells would get my vote.

I love how dudes laugh at the suggestion of Kells but don't have a suggestion of their own. *Points at NobleKane*

Originally Posted by NobleKane

smh r kelly the greatest r&b singer...lol dont make me laugh... step in the name of love timeless? boy oh boy....

can we just close the music forum? or make it something else? this is too much...

I used to go on these rants when kids used to make the "best rapper EVAR" and "best song EVAR" threads.

Stupid @@!$. How can anyone feel qualified to discuss the best R&B artist EVAR when you ain't been around forEVAR to even have that kind of a grasp on the genre to intelligently discuss this?

Get the %!$+ out of here with this. He's your favorite. Not the greatest. Learn the difference.

"Step In The Name Of Love" timeless is laughable. I always thought that %$%$ was corny. If you had said "I Wish", "I Believe....", or even "Your Body's Calling" on some new school %$%$, your argument would have had far more credibility.

Marvin, Stevie, Smokey, Donny. Not sure what you'd call Prince or Michael. %$%$, you said artist. Mary J. Blige would give Kells a run. Aretha Franklin.

I'm sure I could find more if I thought about it. But R&B was also dominated by groups for a while.

It's a shame that 2 albums in, a guy like D'Angelo was damn near flawless, then fell off the face of the earth.

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

TheGr8BlkHope wrote:
just put a ton of kells on my spotify. old stuff though, this new stuff he's putting out is for the birds...
512oR-QIXWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

pimp.gif

Still bumpin this. Saw him in DC last month & forgot how ,Amy hit he had until then. We had tickets to be surrounded by the stage. It was great. & he's sexy as +**!

Back
Top Bottom