The hype got to me

Finally watched it last week before I even knew about the awards and liked it.  Don't really care that it won best film though
laugh.gif

People expected to be blown away with it, but it's meant to be understated and simple. Straightforward script, forward and real performances, and the same with the direction.

I loved it.

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

of all the nominees for best picture im hyped about "the messenger"

The Messenger was not nominated for Best Picture... but it was a good film.

the movie wasn't bad, but to be honest i came in with high expectations. At least you did not waste two hours watching "Up in the air"
frown.gif

Originally Posted by nomoplayinga

the movie wasn't bad, but to be honest i came in with high expectations. At least you did not waste two hours watching "Up in the air"
frown.gif
Really?

Up in the Air was fantastic.  Great performances by the leads, funny and poignant story and script, it was very good.

I'm with you OP. I saw it after the first thread where people where hailing it the best movie ever, but I didn't see anything special.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

People expected to be blown away with it, but it's meant to be understated and simple. Straightforward script, forward and real performances, and the same with the direction.

I loved it.
yeh ... it got best picture ... i expected much more .... i watched it last night like hmmm not bad ... 6 oscars good ... 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by nomoplayinga

frown.gif

indifferent.gif

I'm a fan of Anthony Mackie. I enjoyed the movie. It's definately one of the best films I've seen this year

I loved it and wished more movies were as straightforward and tragic as it is .. Especially how it makes no excuses or explanation of how dukes can't go without walking on that border between life and death ... It reminds me of that part in Forest Gump where Forest talks about how a member of lieutenant Dan's family died in each war as if it's some twisted right of passage and that smile on his face when he thought he was going to be another line of succession

movie was
pimp.gif

keep in mind.. only took like $12 mil to make and did anyone know who ANY of the actors were before this movie??? i dont think so. although i did just find out Jeremy Renner is the soldier guy in 28 Weeks later lol

Back
Top Bottom