The "I'm calling it now" Thread...NBA Edition 06-0

ok here we go

- the Knicks will improve by 20 wins from last year.

- the warriors will make the playoffs (yeah i said it)

- murhpy double double, baron will have less injuries, and jrich will be top contender in dunk of the year.

- Lakers make playoffs, Kobe will be more of a passer/playmaker this year (as we saw in the Pheonix series)

- The Bulls are overhyped.

- KG stays roccin the white and green jerseys. (wont get traded)

- Amare will have a good comeback season (not a cinderella story, he's not gunna be "amazing")

-Nash will NOT win MVP for a threepeat.

-Lebron wins MVP

-Kobe comes top 5 in MVP.

- Carmelo excells this season.

-Nuggets wont get passed the first round...AGAIN.

- The Atlantic Hawks will be worse than the Oakland Raiders.

NBA 06-07 IS GUNNA BE THIS SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
Bring the Montana Years Back​

Quote:
Pao Gasol will come out the closet....

Wait, what? You mean statistically right?

And yes, a lot of people do have very high expectations for the Knicks. I'm not getting my hopes high because I don't want to set myself up for disappointment. I believe Stephon will have a great year only because he will want to out-do Stevie.

As for predictions:

Eddy Curry will be the Most Improved Player this season.

Sean May will have a breakout year.

Dwight Howard will be in MVP contention.

The Mavs will have a spectacular season but lose in the playoffs.

Amare Stoudamire will NEVER be on the same level he used to be.

Shawn Kemp will play ONE NBA game.

LeBron will win the MVP.

Carmelo will be recognized as one of the best players in the league.

Dwayne Wade will have an off year.

Darius Miles will be traded... again.
[/b]
oogle​

-The Mavericks are winning the Championship

-The Pistons aren't making the ECF

-The Cavs are going to the Finals

-Lebron will win MVP

-The Bulls won't win 50 games or get past the second round.

[/b]​

Quote:
...the additions of D-Steve

^this nickname will not catch on
i think this is the part where i say thank you, im out.

GoBlue​

Quote:
D-Steve

:lol:
laugh.gif

Quote:
^this nickname will not catch on

laugh.gif

I hope you made that up and didn't hear that nickname on the radio or something

To the guy who asked why everyone thinks the Wiz will do something this year:

They improved their defense over the summer with "D-Steve" and Songaila coming off the bench

Gilberts coming back better than ever after losing to the Cavs on 2 fluke free throws

Our starting lineup as a whole (Arenas, Stevenson, Butler, Jamison, Haywood) has the potential to be EXPLOSIVE

Wiz this year= :pimp:
pimp.gif

Oh did anyone else read about Jeffries breaking his wrist? He's going miss the beginning of the regular season
[/b]

Quote:
Marv Albert will resume his back biting ways.

laugh.gif
Im done with this thread because of Haze :lol:
laugh.gif

The Real Talk Of New York is on it Again
I Come Wit Da 9 & Be Gone Wit a 10
JayGunnA Status: Banned
BossTalk status: Unfairly Banned

Rookie 1st team
Marcus Williams
Denham Brown
Rudy Gay
Josh Boone
Hilton Armstrong

j/p

Tmac is gonna take whats rightfully his. Hopefully Steve-O-Franchise can aswell.

Ain't Got nuthin to loose
RRRRAAAAAWWWWSSSS!!!​

Quote:
hope you made that up and didn't hear that nickname on the radio or something

here's the real question about "D-Steve".....who hasn't heard him called that before? I have heard him called D-Steve by many NBA players....it's a damn nickname....I know it isn't a self proclaimed "mamba" "mango" or some other @#%$, but it's just a nickname that I have heard him been called before....anyone who has followed dude since his days in Cali to the NBA knows this....more proof below....this is a stupid argument, but some of you need to be informed

Quote:
After DeShawn Stevensons agent told the Magic that had at least two better offers on the table, the Magic said fine and signed Keith Bogans instead. Whoops.

slamonline.com/online/200...and-notes/

-The Bulls will be as good as they are, but NOT as good as everybody thinks they are going to be. Big Ben will be exposed for his complete lack of size (and offense). They need him to guard people straight up, and he isn't going to be able to do that consistently.
-Pistons will still be good, but not as good, but too soft to contend. The acquisitions they have made have made them SOFT.
-Lakers will make the POs only if Kobe scores 35+, otherwise those scrubs will be at home.
-Wizards will be just as good without Jeffries, maybe even better.
-Amare is back, and the Suns win it ALL, beating San Antonio in the WCF and Miami in the Finals.
-Josh Smith does get some pub, but only on sportscenter for his dunks, because the Hawks will SUCK DEEP. He will still get like 19 and 10, with 2.5 blocks and 2 steals.
-Nuggets will make the Playoffs by default, and be the only team from their division.
-Toronto will NOT make the Playoffs, but almost the ENTIRE Central Division will.
-Cleveland will play Detroit again in the POs, this time in the first round, AND with a different outcome.
-Don Nelson will realize that his ridiculous schemes are a LOT more fun when watching from home, and IMAGINING.
-Dallas won't be as good as last year.
-This years rookie class will be seen as very good, because EVERYBODY is going to play IMMEDIATELY.
-Sadly, AI and KG will be in the same positions this time next year.
-The Knicks will be improved and maybe even fun to watch (though they won't make the POs), and Zeke won't be fired. Francis and both Rose's need to be moved.
-Orlando will be on the cusp of making the POs, but lack of quality depth may keep them out. Nelson, and Howard will have MONSTER years. Darko goes for 14 and 8.
-'03 Draft Class will start to look like the '96 class as more stars begin to emerge.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
-Gandhi-

The kings will end up with a better record than the lakers and go deeper into the playoffs..
49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
Team 9-1-Kix Sacramento, CA​

Quote:
.the only two teams in the West that can be mentioned with the Mavs right now are the Suns and Spurs, everyone else gotta earn their respect.

word. Rockets are one Tmac or Yao injury from not getting into the PO's. regardless of who they got. |I
tired.gif
|I
tired.gif
|I
tired.gif

Quote:
-Don Nelson will realize that his ridiculous schemes are a LOT more fun when watching from home, and IMAGINING.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

-Rajon and Bassy will be the best PG Duo in the L after Knight and Felton

-Kwame will regress

-i dont wanna say it but Odom might implode. either he uses the memory of his son to fuel him or he'll remain as another Tim Thomas

-Crawford will be a killer. mark my words.

-Raptors will be decent and will vie with Milwaukee/Orlando/Knicks for the 8th seed

-

CARIBBEAN​
[/b]

Quote:
Rajon and Bassy will be the best PG Duo in the L after Knight and Felton
i think Jet and Devin may have a little somethin to say about that...as well as Nash and Banks
[/b]

THIS IS A PREDICTIONS THREAD...for a reason

STOP FIGHTING/ARGUING/REFUTING/DEFENDING OTHER PEOPLE's OPINIONS...

you can ask how they figure that prediction, but its dumb to come out against someone's post like, NO WAY! KOBE WILL BE BETTER THAN HIM!

...its a frakin prediction...just acknowledge it, say u dont think so or u co-sign and keep it moving. that is all.

anyways, that being said. Gary Payton will have a MUCH better season than expected.
-Chris Wilcox will be then next Amare (kinda...think about it) but with more boards and better defense.
-Don Nelson's first year wil be more semi-disappointing than positive.
-the Bucks will be surprisingly higher than 6th seed.
-David West wil continue imrpoving
-Hedo Turkoglu will avg 20+ppg. inside and out.

...-Kobe wil bang on Andrew Bogut, while Felton bangs on Sheldon Williams.
But then again, you're probably just another Hypebeast McDunk...
[/center][/b]
[/center][/b]
"stop bumping this thread every 30 minutes." -Dirtylicious @ 30K

Quote:
-Chris Wilcox will be then next Amare (kinda...think about it) but with more boards and better defense.

Hmmm...that's a very interesting comparison...the talent has always been there, it is just putting together other aspects of his game to make himself live up to potential. IMO, he will have a better season statistically than Amare, but I think that for him to average 26/9 might be a little far fetched....I could see Wilcox averaging 18/10 or so, but a lot of this falls directly on Ridnour's shoulders.....can Ridnour really step up and make himself a top tier PG in the West? I think Ridnour could really break out this season...maybe a 13/9? Down the line, could he be a variant Steve Nash? Could be an interesting season up in Seattle....

Quote:
i think Jet and Devin may have a little somethin to say about that...as well as Nash and Banks

SMH @ self for forgetting about those 4. i wanna say Banks but h'es unproven to me.

Quote:
Gary Payton will have a MUCH better season than expected.

:smh:
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
this aint '96. he's a old dude. i think Dorell Wright might crack the rotation. he has mad potential.
CARIBBEAN​
[/b]

Quote:
-tmac hurts his back dribbling the ball upcourt opening night

0307119408.jpg

Quote:
-T-Mac will get reinjured

have u seen him lately? he iz quick than i thought he would b

Quote:
-minnisota gets back to top shape, makes wc finals

laugh.gif
wait let me quote that again
Quote:
-minnisota gets back to top shape, makes wc finals

:rofl:
roll.gif
ayo dude dis fo u---look down---

bedtime.gif

^^^ u done this yet?

Quote:
TMAC will be back (he seems hella quick) w/ 28, 6, 7 w/ 1st team all-nba

yao will officially be a top 10 player w/ 23, 11, 2

houston will be a top 4 seed going to AT LEAST the WCF

suns will be a great regular season team, getting the #1 seed but loses in the 2nd round to houston

duncan will kinda regain his old self w/ 21 & 11

KG will be a beast but minny wont make thep layoffs w/ 25, 12, 6

kobe will end up w/ 33, 5, 5 but lakers will hover around 8-9th seed. unsure if they'll make the playoffs, prollie will barely w/ a 44-38 record but lose to the suns again in the first round

bulls will win 50 games but be bounced out of the first round (no offense)

bron bron will put up 32, 8, 7 to win his first MVP leaidng cavs to ECF to face the heat

wade will put up 26, 5, 7. heat will be a top 2 seed. wade'll struggle more this season b/c teams will focus more on him and they see shaq declines more and more and less double teams on shaq

^^^ my boy basically summed it up fo yall :pimp:
pimp.gif

-celtics are going to b a threat
-miami like everyone said is goin to struggle
-spurs are just gettin older but dat dont make dem weak
-mavs go for about 62 wins
-knicks CAN make the playoffs if they try hard enough
-76ers......smh.....just the 76ers.....
-wizards WILL make the playoffs dont sleep
-Magic will not make the playoffs with just DW, they just aint
-kobe's scoring will decrease because phil jackson said to stop jackin up shots, but lakers are still goin to b a great team
-amare is just another Mcdyess
-all kno is dat Texas is goin to take the western conference, but dont kno who goin to the finals

-Amare is much more than Mydyess
-The Mets will beat the Cardinals
-Spurs will be 6th seed
-Bargani will win ROY
-Josh Howard will finish in top 3 for MVP
-Shaq will retire after this year
-Cincinnati Bengals go 11-5
of Zu, Purple Butterfly, Jasmine Women, The Road Home, The Banquet (Coming Soon FALL 06)and her small role in Rush Hour 2 :smile:.

Quote:
-Amare is much more than Mydyess
-The Mets will beat the Cardinals
-Spurs will be 6th seed
-Bargani will win ROY
-Josh Howard will finish in top 3 for MVP
-Shaq will retire after this year
-Cincinnati Bengals go 11-5

Thanks for playin bro, but......baseball and "who dey" shouldn't be in here

Quote:
The "I'm calling it now" Thread...

Quote:
there's the real question about "D-Steve".....who hasn't heard him called that before? I have heard him called D-Steve by many NBA players....it's a damn nickname....I know it isn't a self proclaimed "mamba" "mango" or some other , but it's just a nickname that I have heard him been called before....anyone who has followed dude since his days in Cali to the NBA knows this....more proof below....this is a stupid argument, but some of you need to be informed

DoubleJs07

Relax man, its not that serious.

We're both Wiz fans, we should be excited about this season more than anything
[/b]

I'm cool....but when I get called out, I come w/ the facts....

btw, if you dont have a subscription to ESPN the Mag, you should get this weeks (Urlachers and Alex Brown on the cover)...great story about Gil....HILARIOUS part about when his dad sees his new tattoo...Gil got a big @#%$ tiger head tatted across his whole stomach....it looks kinda crappy, but the dialogue between Gil and his dad is staight up comedy....maybe it was an insider article as well...i dunno, but it is a great read

lebron will win mvp,

kobe and the lakers will get to the second round

kobe wins defensive player of the year

gerald green will win slam dunk contest at All star break

kg or Ai will be traded before the all star break

spurs will start to decline, 1st round exit

suns will make a second round exit

mavs and rockets in western conference finals

heat coast through the regular season, will be the 3rd seed

heat and cavs in eastern conference finals

heat and rockets in the finals

wade 's legacy continues to grow, helps heat win 2nd consecutive title, and wins finals mvp

The Real Drrty Drrty
Member #33-C-DUB
Reppin Miami-305 !![/center]

Back
Top Bottom