The Image Microsoft doesn't want you to see VOL: FEEL GUILTY?

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

Originally Posted by mr delorean

Mac FTW...
apple products are assembled in china under identical conditions.  dont act naive.
Well, until they do a exposé on Apple stating that they allow deplorable working conditions like this....It's Mac FTW.
Atta boy, wouldnt want you using that ol brain of yours, just wait til everything gets served to you on a plate and eat it right up.
Ignorance is bliss...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mr delorean

Mac FTW...
apple products are assembled in china under identical conditions.  dont act naive.
Well, until they do a exposé on Apple stating that they allow deplorable working conditions like this....It's Mac FTW.
They have before, Apple's Chinese manf. isn't any different.

Originally Posted by Cant Nobody Stop Me

Looks like theyre playing 7 up
LOL! Heads up 7up.

Seriously though, its been like that for years over there. It aint right- but it aint news either.

Slumped over in exhaustion or covering their faces fearing recognition and subsequent termination?

you do know that a Foxconn employee (the company who makes iPhones for Apple) committed suicide b/c he was so afraid of the punishment he was going to get from Apple for supposedly leaking new iPhone info. 
eyes.gif

On Thursday, July 9th, Sun got 16 prototype phones from the assembly line at a local Foxconn factory. At some point in the next few days, he discovered that one of the phones was missing. He suspected that it had been left at the factory, but couldn't find it. On Monday, July 13, he reported the missing phone to his boss. Then, that Wednesday, three Foxconn employees searched his apartment -- illegally, according to Chinese law. Accusations are flying that Sun was detained and physically abused during the investigation, although this has not been substantiated (possible evidence: there's this somewhat garbled and potentially faked instant message exchange from Sun shortly before his death).

What is known: On Thursday -- a little after 3 a.m. according to surveillance videos in the apartment building -- he jumped out of a window in his apartment building to his death.

gotta love it.

the companies want those profits so its either cheaper stuff and cheap labor, or WE the consumers pay the price.. God forbid a company profits only $1.2 billion and not $1.4

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

there has to be more companies that have conditions like this

it is well known that nike employees work under similar conditions.  i have a book about sneaker manufactoring from the 70's with images of smiling american factory workers gluing nike waffle soles onto nike uppers.  all the images are from a nike factory when they were made in the USA.  there is even seniors working, sewing the uppers together. 

i stopped buying brand new sneakers altogether and mostly rock second hand kicks via ebay.  the only sneakers i undeadstock are new balances which are made in the USA or UK, for the most part. 

and the quality of nikes(and other competing brands) has dimished tremendously over the past decade, so much that nike variants are probably made with equal or better quality materials.  it's all connected, lower quality materials = higher profits = slave labor.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

gotta love it.

the companies want those profits so its either cheaper stuff and cheap labor, or WE the consumers pay the price.. God forbid a company profits only $1.2 billion and not $1.4
blame wall street then. 1.4 compared to 1.2 will drop stock price, resulting in cost cutting, then more jobs lost

WallyHopp wrote:
gotta love it.

And these companies are willing to pay the fines associated with this as well as the tarnished image.

This is why I believe some of the most wealthy try to give back because they have taken away so much.  

this is why i fin hate apple fanboys

apple does the same thing, got caught over a month ago and everyone pretends they dont know about it and have some nerve to say mac ftw

G T F O

BLAME CHINA

i don't get it... everyone wants to point the finger at the company. well if the country doesn't allow it it wouldn't happen.

I don't feel bad, it's how China gets down.

Originally Posted by DunkNForce

BLAME CHINA

i don't get it... everyone wants to point the finger at the company. well if the country doesn't allow it it wouldn't happen.

I don't feel bad, it's how China gets down.

it's the company.  why doesn't new balance, american apparel, etc. outsource to china?  it's called business ethics.

That's horrible. The sad truth is that all the major successful companies have similar factories to minimize cost and increase profit.

But
laugh.gif
@ Apple fanboys exploiting this. I truly feel sorry for you. You sincerely believe that you're a better human being for buying Apple products than someone buying Microsoft products. How sad.

Back
Top Bottom